Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only way to know if the commentary is on it is to try and listen to it. On my set, JMS's commentary is on the ninth episode found on the third DVD. It is also listed on the box.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, everyone.

I'm still here (in DC, well Maryland really, but that is beside the point), still alive and still liking work. My parents came to visit which means I had to make substantial progress toward cleaning things up/unpacking/throwing thigs out. That visit also means I acquired by gift some counter stools that look really good along the kitchen pass through. We also saw the cherry blossoms - very very beautiful. Brother (and girlfriend) also visited which means I acquired an aerobed because I was warned that they wouldn't come back if they had to sleep on the sofa bed mattress ever again. Hey, its only 13 years old. Best friend from NJ and her family haven't visited yet. But her husband is going to be in Italy on business sometime this spring so I may get a visit from her and her baby girl then. Lets take the baby to the zoo!

My big project at work has gone through several major upheavals, mostly based on office politics. Hey, what did I expect with an office half way between the "Old" Executive Office Building and the World Bank! Fortunately, I seem to have found a little niche where I can actually accomplish something despite the politics. I'm learning a lot and people seem to like my work. I don't really see how I am going to be able to afford to buy a condo unless there is a big real estate correction, but that is the only big problem and it is long term.

Ian, I am so sorry to hear about your finger. As a lawyer, I have to say you shouldn't settle your case until you have some idea how much function you will get back and how many nasty medical procedures it will take to get there. How can anyone assess how much you have suffered until that has happened? Now, business over, you should definitely think about visiting DC. There is tons to do and the public transportation seems to work pretty well. As a very new government employee I have limited vacation time available to me, and I'm going to Canada again in August, but you can count on me to join a group for as much as I possibly can. And the cool thing about the goverment job is that when my day is over, it is over. There are very few things that can require us to stay late. I left today at 6:30 and that was late.

Hope everyone is well. Crash, that trip looks amazing. I took a rafting trip down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon with the Smithsonian once. They do a good job on their trips.

By for now,

Polly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi gang! I thought I'd drop a quick note here to let you know that I'm not sure how active I will be for the near future. I'm leaving government practice for the private practice of law. It was too good an opportunity to pass up. So, since I'll only be paid when I'm actually working (billing clients), my time is money - my money. It's nice to think that I'll basically be my own boss. And I'm very excited. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Merle! That is great news. *Hugs* Congrats bud.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Polly, sounds like you are settling in well. Good to hear. *hugs*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Merle: Good luck. The good news is that you will make more in private industry so making the same as you made in government should mean fewer hours. I myself have had to fight my normal change is bad after realizing that some serious changes in my life have actually been very, very good to me. Scary, but good. (hugs)

Polly: family arriving does wonders for unpackign and cleaning. The cherry blossoms were gorgeous this year. My cousin was in town for the festivle. Loved the blossoms, wanted to kill the tourists with huge strollers that they did not fold up on the metro....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Back again [img]smile.gif[/img]

Pollymath - my finger is gradually getting better, but it's very slow progress. I have been referred for physio on it, but haven't started yet.
    I'm glad your place is starting to look good.

I played cricket on Saturday, but with a protective covering on my finger. It was nice to get back to getting some exercise, and having fun playing. I took 2 wickets - yay me!
    I do ache a bit now though.

Merle - why am I suddenly remembering the Tom Cruise film "The Firm"? Hopefully you'll be as well paid as him [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What exactly is a wicket? I know what a widget is but I have no idea how one scores a wicket. I could never understand cricket...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have soccer on the 16th (sorry but I am now offically obsessed with Soccer) but I am free on the 17th. I can give you a lift to the airport.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Gang!

Merle, Awsome move. Hope it works out for you. Now you WILL have to purchase your own puter to visit us with!!!!!!

Hey Crash, Polly, I will be in Silver Sping MD on 05/16 and 05/17 for work. I may be availabe the night of 05/16 and definately will be on the night of 05/17. My flight does not leave until 10:00 pm from Dulles.
    Let me know how your schedules fair???
    -Bob