Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything VIII

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, Asis.

We got a demo Mercury Montego AWD.

I was disappointed that Cirie didn't win, I hoped that she or the guy that won so many contests would win.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seems to me that whoever comes in third is the ultimate Survivor loser. I mean, out there for 38 days, suffering, starving, stinking, sweating, and all you get is a "congrats for coming in third." At least second place gets $100,000. Third gets zippo. Glad Terry at least won a car. Now all he needs is a loan to fill the tank. Poor Cirie, out there 37 days, and she really gets zippo.

Aras was a deserving winner, though Terry would have been more deserving. Cirie was deserving, as well, because she was really a mover and shaker when it came to strategy. Danielle was a non entity all the way through, and just managed to make it because everyone knew they could beat her in a final two.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I wanted Circe to win too. [img]frown.gif[/img] Glad she got a car.

I don't think Terry should have won. I think Survivor is far more than winning immunity. Strategy wise he pretty much sucked. He didn't use the hidden immunity when it would have benefited him and his group. He should have let Nick win immunity, then when he was voted for, use the immunity and he could have had either Shane or Aras booted. Making it far more likely he could sway Bruce or one of the others to his side.

Also, his decision to boot Misty instead of either Ruth Marie or Dan is a direct cause of them being down players at the merge. Misty would have been a better challenge asset than Ruth Marie or Dan.

And each time he made a alliance with someone they got booted. Courtney, Shane...

If you go by game play, Circe was a clear winner. Aras gets props for uniting his team to go on a winning streak for immunity getting them to the merge ahead. If he hadn't taken control of that group of misfits in immunities it would have been a different outcome.

One of the things I do think was cool, that a member of each of the four starting tribes made it to final four. That was too cool.

ETA: All Survivor members get money. The longer you stay in the game, the more you get. But you don't get big money until Final two.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 23, 2006 04:29 PM: Message edited by: AsIs ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Terry didn't have a clue as to the social aspect of the game, no doubt. Cirie was all over the social aspect.

Well, everybody have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gosh, you guys definitely rate a longevity award! I had to go through three years of posts just to get here.

Hello Sindatur, Ian, Merle, Crash, Bmat--didn't see Nomad anywhere.

Iz

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooop, his AsIs, don't know who I missed the penguin icon.

"Seems to me that whoever comes in third is the ultimate Survivor loser. I mean, out there for 38 days, suffering, starving, stinking, sweating, and all you get is a "congrats for coming in third." "

Doesn't sound to bad. Last two hurricane seasons people have spent 38 days suffering, starving, stinking, and sweating, and all they get is a card that says "We at FEMA hope you are enjoying your Labor Day Weekend (as we are, which is why no one is answering your calls). Remember that Hurricane Season still has two months to run, so do not stop treading water."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good one, iz! You might have added the nice hello from Mayor Nagin: "Greetings from Houston! Yes, I bought a house here, but rest assured I'll be back just as soon as the flood recedes or it's time to run for reelection, whichever comes first. Never forget how much I care about you, but please forget those damned school buses!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, we can take some of your flood water. South East England has a shortage! Hose pipes and lawn sprinklers are banned already, and it's only been warm enough for wearing shorts for a couple of days.

At least my roses are blooming.

Nice to see you Iz!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was kind of surprised that my sign on and password still worked!

Is there ANYTHING happening in the world of science fiction. I went through two bookstores yesterday and came out empty handed. I was tempted by a Harry Turtledove book, but I accidently dropped it and it made the floor shake when it hit, so I decided it was probably too long. There's nothing going on in the world of Harry Potter. I've turned to Manga and am reading the Hikaru No Go series (which is really good, but very slow to come out in English translation). But I don't think there's anything on TV. I bet I haven't watched the SciFi Channel in two years. In fact, I think they are directly responsible for the fact that I now mostly watch sports.

Hope things are well, Merle, and Ian--when are we going to see you on Bargain Hunt? You know you'd be good at it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hey Iz,

Good to see you! Glad your login still works.

Don't know about sci-fi, I'm still mourning Firefly. But I like Battlestar Galatica. I like what they have done with it.

Ah well, I miss the glory days of B5.