Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

LOL, how about a post about how you are doing? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Talked with CosmicThing the other day, she says "Hey".

Went to the International Toyfair in NY a week or two ago. Saw some pretty neat things and had fun with my friend Davey.

Other than that, mostly working in comic store. Co-Owning a business is a lot of work! Getting hooked on a game called Heroclix. A miniatures trading game. Got a super ultra rare figure today that is selling for around $100 on ebay. I am probably too lazy to list it tho! LOL

If anyone is still around and the board is worth saving, what are you up?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

LOL, Crash, you don't have to do a post a day! We are not all younguns anymore, even you! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Sorry to hear about your mom, but glad she is getting back in the swing, that helps so much.

*hugs*

Rent a bunch of Wedding movies and make him sit thru them. Either he will get a clue or think you have a thing for your best male friend!

This is our Anita Week, sort of like Black Friday for four days every month. LOL

We send out 500 of these books each month, so it becomes a massive task each month. So I will be printing out labels, stuffing envelopes and stamping DO NOT BEND! on a ton of packages! My puddie cats hardly remember who I am!

Speaking of the kitties, Mousey has become completely addicted to catnip. She stands over the catnip mouse like a druggie. When I let her upstairs at night she makes a beeline for it! It is pretty cute in a enabling sort of way.

Tara is still a brushy slut, she jumps up on her stool every time I enter the kitchen demanding to be brushed.

I am so whupped.

Other than that, I am dieting to lose weight and starting to exercise again. Joined a gym this week and have gone a couple times.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

A post a day? A post a day? You demand too much! Taskmaster. sheeesh

Let me see. I am job hunting because I strongly dislike the current contract I am working on. I am not a systems engineer so why the heck am I on a contract that requires a systems engineer?

I am trying to decide if I should propose to my boyfriend because I am not certain he ever will propose. Not because he doesn't love me or is afraid of commitment (he wants to buy a house together and we have been discussing kids and how to raise them). I have no clue what he is thinking and it is getting a bit confusing.

For the record I said I am not putting my name on a mortage with anyone else until I am married. I am cool with moving in with him when he buys a house (he has the money for a 20% down payment, I don't have that much saved) and paying half the mortage as rent with a written lease but I am not putting my name on a mortage.

Mom was diagnosed with Lung Cancer about 6 months ago. She has completed chemo, radiation, and had half of her left lung removed. She is recovering well from all of that and is taking a medication that is suppose to act as a cancer blocker hoping to derease her likelihood of the cancer returning.

Weirdly enough, I am happy. I could be more happy, read engaged, but I know how blessed I am. There are steps that I can take to improve things, read get a new job, but I love my friends, where I am living, my family, and my boyfriend. It helpds that Mom has a ton more energy, is back at work, and that she and Dad are planning trips to Ireland, Spain, and all over the country to visit their kids. Seeing her get back in the swing of things makes it easier to smile even though there is still fear that the cancer will return.

I so cannot give such an intense report everyday (grins)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 06, 2008 12:33 PM: Message edited by: ProfCrash ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi guys. My business keeps me pretty busy, too. I still find a little time for posting on Speculative Vision.

Family wise, my sister is in pretty good health. My brother is going for an angiogram next week, so that's pretty scary. Hopefully all's well.

We are also now motorhome owners. AsIs, who'd a thunk when we did the bears' Winnebago trip I'd actually wind up owning a . . . Winnebago! Anyway, it's the only way to travel with the cats, and we're too attached to leave them behind.

Crash, very very very sorry to hear about your mom. I sure hope she recovers fully.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Other than a slight skin rash, I'm doing fine.

Glad to hear that CosmicThing is okay - I miss her killing me while playing Diablo!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Happy Easter, all.
    Still working at Cisco, no issues to report, real or imagined. Riding a motorcycle has been the best thing change in lifestyle for me.
    Asis, sounds like you're still having fun...you've been at it for a couple of years, so good goin'!
    Merle, you retiring early? Good call if so. There's way too much to see out there on the road
    Rantan, you're worse than I am about checking in. How are the girls doing? Please don't tell me Megan (sp?) is looking at high school.
    Ian, you need a better climate to live in. Learn spanish, head for Madrid.
    Prof...go with the flow. At some point in time, when things are mellow, just ask if there's an issue. Go from there.
    Ya'll are good people. I say that after all these years...you're still special. Virtual hug, all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Merle any news?

Glad to hear things are going well Wizz and Asis.

Gee, for some reason I feel like buying some New Balance shoes...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for asking, Crash. Angiogram didn't show any major blockages. But he does have to modify his diet, so that the ones he does have don't become major. So, good news.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Glad to hear the good news Merle!

Wizz, good to see you are still around. I might be coming out to CA in August. I'll let you know if I do. Can't visit the state without one of your crushing bear hugs. LOL

Ian, I'll pass that on next time I talk to Cosmic.

Sick today, so I just watched the new Stargate DVD movie. It was pretty good and nice to see the gang all together again.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 31, 2008 10:28 PM: Message edited by: AsIs ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I keep forgetting to post here. Sorry Gang.

I lost my job about 10 weeks ago. Strangely enough it didn't suck. OK, I hated my job so it is not so strange that it didn't suck. I had enough money set aside that I was financially fine. All it did was force me to do a more serious job search.

Right now I have three job offers, so I'll be back at work after the Fourth of July. And making 25% then I did before.

The company that I had worked for sold. Which was good for me as it greatly increased the amount of money I received for my stock and stock options. So I am a really good place right now.

Still working on how to get the boyfriend to propose....