Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi Cherie!!!

I just wanted to ask you which song from Young and Wild is your favorite? I got the cd as a bd present and i love em all. Could you please share some stories on your experieces recording the tracks in this cd?

I understand that this cd was released with out your aproval, and the controversy over it. I am sorry if my question is akward or makes you feel unconfortable. I really enjoy your music and i just wanted to know you opinion on some of the tracks.

Much love and admiration

[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Hey Alma,
    To be honest, I don't know what songs are on this cd since I had nothing to do with it and never heard it!
    Sorry sweetie!
    xoxo,
    Cherie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Note: There was a glitch on this topic yesterday.

I had removed a spam topic yesterday morning and 2 members were replying to the spam while I was removing the topic. Their posts seemed to stay in limbo until showing up on this thread for some reason.
    Another member thought these posts were in reply to Almarockstar's post and replied to them accordingly.

If any of you read all that before I removed those three posts you surely misunderstood it all.
    It WAS a glitch. It's also why the number of replies on the main page will now indicate zero instead of two!

FYI
    Gus

4Jettheads

Interesting on the Young and Wild CD of Cherie and Marie Currie. From Raven Records own homepage I quote the following:

"True 'labours of love', they filled holes in many collections with flair and a rare comprehensivity, setting aside the record company politics that render so many mass-market compilations inadequate or uninspiring."

Setting aside record company politics ? Uh, what about contacting the artist that did the song first and paying them their fair share of the profits on sales ? Nothing like blatant hypocrisy to rationalize shady music piracy. I feel for ya, Cherie Bomb. It ain't right. They wouldn't have a product to sell if you hadn't created it.
    You'd think there would be some kind of addendum to US Federal Title 17 giving the original artist some kind of royalty payment.
    I'm done venting now. I get tired of seeing indies get ripped off.

famveronica
    I have to trow that away now..........
    I hate that CD [img]smile.gif[/img] ))))))))))

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Oh boy... i knew this would stir things...

I did not buy the cd because i did not want to support the tyrants who are stealing from Cherie and Marie, but my gal pal got it for me from ebay cause she knows i luv Cherie.

The cd has 20 tracks some from Flaming School girls, including two amazing beatles covers performed magically by Cherie. I really enjoy the music and i feel so angry that Cherie is beign ripped off and i cannot believe how they are getting away with it.

Cherie your songs are amazing and you and Marie are extremely talented. Im sorry for the abuse and dishonesty of the label that released the cd. I just want to let you know that your voice is awsome and i really admire you as an artist. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

famveronica

Ohhhhhh Alma we love you........
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

4Jettheads

'Course we luv our AlmaR. She's one of the Currie family. I'm annoyed that this happens so often. The people with the talent that create the music get the shaft and coporations grab the serious money and keep it. I even checked a little on copyright court cases between artists and the recording companies on the division of profits. Looks like the recording company has 'em by the throat, unless it's addressed in the original contract as far as distribution of future profits. Wonder if anybody has ever challenged on an unjust enrichment basis. Could be interesting to see how the federal courts would rule.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Hey your guys,
    Thanks for the support.
    Alma, is there a way that you could burn a copy for me? Again, I've never heard this c.d. and would love it for my son.

[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
    Cherie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Of coarse, they are all used CDs now but I still like to think of them in this way:

Messin' With The Boys_the official CD by Cherie and Marie!

Young and Wild_Kim Fowley lining his pockets at Cherie's expense,
    again.

[img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast