Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Farmboy,
    They released it in OZ where Dean is from. I tried to stop them but to no avail. They released it at the same time as the reissue of Mess'in with the Boys and it was a heartache. From what I understand, Kim Fowley made more $ of that record then I did, though he had nothing to do with it.
    Water under the bridge...........
    Hopefully one day I can kick his as* with my stories about him and and his (illegal/ involving a minor) activities (if you get my drift) and he'll do some time... Until then, as I told him, he is stealing from my son now and I WILL put him in jail.
    I think he got the picture. Just a little too late.
    xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Farmboy i totally agree! I will gladly burn you and Cherie a copy.

Cherie, i will send you the copy and the booklet so u can read the comments and see the pictures they published with the cd. Just send me the adress where u want this mailed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know it's already been posted, but I just wanted to add my sympathies. As an actor (who often DEPENDS on royalties) it makes me SICK that someone can actually make money off of ME, my image, my work (thousands of dollars in training, head-shots, years of work to try and actually land the job).
    Cherie, you are a true inspiration. The strength that I know you posess is something that is so rare and beautiful. I love having your work to listen to and watch---and will always make sure I enjoy it through the proper avenues.
    ALSO: you are such a GREAT actress, and I can't wait to be able to see you strut you stuff again on the big or little screen, or on stage.
    HUGE thoughts of greatness coming your way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks JettFord,
    Very kind of you. xx

And Alma... I will mail you with an address.
    Kisses all around,
    Cherie

4Jettheads

Uh, Farmboy has question. If the CD, "Young and Wild" is unauthorized and the songs "Messin' with the Boys" and "Overnight Sensation" are track listings on it, how did they get away with republishing the songs from the Messin' with the Boys CD that Cherie produced w/o violating US copyright laws ? Somethin' ain't right here unless another record company is involved and sold the rights for reproduction for the Young and Wild CD. Neither Raven Records nor Kim Fowley may use the songs w/o the permission of the legal copyright owner. Well, unless they don't mind getting their butts sued off for infringement.

4Jettheads

Hey, Alma R., seems only right ya burn a couple copies. I mean, it didn't bother them to steal Cherie's songs for their own personal gain, so why not ? What's good for the goose and all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Cherie, I have a copy if you want it [img]smile.gif[/img]
    dean
    xoxox

4Jettheads

"Hopefully one day I can kick his as* with my stories about him and and his (illegal/ involving a minor) activities (if you get my drift) and he'll do some time... Until then, as I told him, he is stealing from my son now and I WILL put him in jail."
    I heard the "stories" way back when. It's what annoyed me about that yo-yo writing that book with your name in it with references to a certain manager. I'm well aware of some of his antics. He's got a new flavor of the month now if you didn't know. Her name is Leigh Silver and she's a singer/guitarist with the band Bitterthings now in LA. I already warned her about him as soon as she told me. She has potential and does have a pretty decent voice. He's been her "manager" for a couple years. She's also young, about 26 now, and pretty. Just the way he likes 'em. She's a friend of one of my friends who's also one of Joan's buds from NYC. We're watching. He even had the bu*lsh*t audacity to tell her she was the next Joan Jett. Words direct from Leigh to me. Good thing I'm from Iowa. We've got those really big John Deere manure spreaders.
    I wish there was a way you could nail 'em all to the wall. They're being slick by producing it in Australia, outside the jurisdiction of the continental US. Whatever sidesteps they're pulling now to skirt the law, it's all the same, they're nothing but thieves.

4Jettheads

And thanks, Alma R. Maybe we should make a thousand copies and sell 'em for like 3 bucks apiece on Ebay plus shipping to wipe out their profit margin. They're selling their's on Raven's website for 18.95. We'll make a killing and give the profits to the Save Cherie Currie from Low-Life Music Pirates organization. The best they could do would be to try to stop us from Australia, good luck, and Cherie would get tons of free publicity plus the AP newswire might pick up the story and Cherie can tell 'em the truth. I'm likin' this already. What are they gonna say ? Fowley, "Well, we ripped-off Cherie and her sister and we don't anybody taking our ill-gotten profits." That'd look great in print.

4Jettheads

Just for fun, I just sent this to letter to the editor of Rolling Stone Magazine and some other music sites. We're gonna see if we can get ya some support on this one, Cherie Bomb. This ain't right. KF and Raven Records are gonna love me when I'm done.

To the entire rock and roll music community:

Having recently spoken with Cherie Currie, former lead singer of the ground-breaking all-female rock group, The Runaways, I pose the following question. How can Kim Fowley and Raven Records in Australia literally steal some of Cherie's newer songs on her own self-released album, "Messin' With The Boys", and not pay Cherie a nickel. They released the CD, "Young and Wild," featuring Cherie and Marie Currie on vocals without either's consent or knowledge at the same time Cherie released her CD, "Messin' With The Boys." I am neither affiliated with Cherie's record company or management, just a friend who doesn't understand how such blatant piracy can exist without legal retributions. Just because someone produces a CD of another's music outside the United States, does that give them the right to skirt US title 17 governing copyright laws ?

Please support and/or contact Cherie through her management at RocketCityRecords.com

Larry L. Cheely
    Des Moines, Iowa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12