Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For those who visit the board and can't get or miss Current Affair, would it be possible for anyone to give little summaries of what's happening each day?
    I don't want to put the onus on you Gus, but you're our main man [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Thanks Rocketmaster.
    Got to know she's keeping safe -what with all those canadian wolverines about.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL, knightjewel!

Since Gus can't see the show (very sorry about that Gus), I guess I will step in to relate the proceedings on TV a little bit, but I'm lousy at this so whoever saw it please jump in.

There was a quick intro spot that showed an adorable shot of Cherie revving up her chainsaw and shouting "Let's rock and roll!" The host said something like, "Sasquatch is nervous, and when you see our team you'll know why!"

About halfway through the half hour show they did the introductory feature on the group. All very tongue in cheek. The host's voice introduced Cherie as a former rock star and 'avid believer' in Big Foot /oh, yeah?/ and also pronounced her name wrong. [img]mad.gif[/img]

It was pretty cute. They had that scientist talking about the region and Cherie got to speak a couple of times too. They showed a brief shot of her at the festival she appeared at last Friday, and also with the other explorers tredging through the 'wilderness', chainsaw in hand.

They aired one incomplete quote where she said something like, 'if we find it, it will probably be the size of this rock'.

That was very funny to us because we knew what she was really talking about. Before Cherie left, she said, "you know, when you're tracking something, you're really looking for its doodie."

At the close of the show the anchorman urged folks to continue tuning in for Bigfoot updates next week because, 'wouldn't it be lousy if you missed the ep where we really found him?'

Soooo.......the hunt for the nondescript fuzzy brown figure begins.........stay tuned!!!

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ May 06, 2005 08:31 AM: Message edited by: rocketmaster ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol rocketmaster!

many thanks for all that.
    have you insured her against Bigfeet? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    these days, when they find 'him', he'll probably have his own team of lawyers standing by ...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by rocketmaster:
    That's terrible, Gus. No local FOX affiliate out there? We'll get ya a copy somehow.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Apparently our loco TV station is a Fox affiliate but "chooses" to run "local programming" after 10:00 PM.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bummed out about this.
    Thanks for reviewing it here rocketmaster. It's nice to know what I'm missing!
    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

I'd be forever grateful if you somehow do get me a copy!
    I hope lots of peeps are recording this!

Cherie's team sounds awesome and if anyone can track down bigfoot it's our SuperGal!!!!

Good luck Cherie [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] and have fun!!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HEY! How cool! The picture changed! Just like in Harry Potter! "well, you don't expect him to hang around all day, do you?" LOL!

Just got this amusing 'review' in the email:

Sweet Mary in the Manger that show is cheesy! Well worth staying home from work to watch. I have never seen anything more hilarious than that dippy 'cryptozoologist' doctor teamed with 'respected chain-saw artist Cherie Curry' (with the lingering shots of her boo bs) ... Fabulous! It goes beyond parody of tabloid nonsense - I loved loved loved loved loved it. Hysterical!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="red">UPDATE!</font>

Cherie just called in! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    How awesome is this? Echo Canada is flying a chainsaw up to Cherie and she'll get it tomorrow morning! (Wolvie, you're off the hook!)

The team did a live satellite feed today, and only 'Doc' got a chance to speak on camera before the satelite moved out of range. He apparently said something that was so goofy everyone wanted to kill him. You guys alone will know what he's talking about if you refer back to my review of last night's show.

They're planning to do one more live satellite feed on Monday, and the rest of the footage shot gets fedexed down to the studio so they can air it. That's right, I said Monday. It looks like Cherie will be up there until next Wednesday now!

There's only one diner and one store where they are, and Cherie reports that the local fare seems to be comprised of fried chicken, fried chicken, and more fried chicken. Cherie ordered a ceasar salad and it was covered in (you guessed it), fried chicken that was fried to the point of being black and hard. awww, poor girl! The team is discussing hunting down their own moose to eat.

They're so far North that the sun doesn't set until 9:30 pm! The sunsets last forever, she says, and dawn is around 4:30 am.

They're going to be shooting from 9:30 tonight through the dawn, and will be shooting from the ferry boat where the original footage was captured.

Cherie says its frrrrreeeezing up there, and she didn't pack warm enough, so she's off to the little store in search of gloves and ear muffs.

More news as we receive it.....stay tuned!

~ Rocky the Reporter [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Inactive Member The Canadian Wolverine's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

**** I would of flown up a saw Im 3 hours from
    Winnipeg oh well ahh Big foot in the town
    I live Vermilion Bay Ontario we have one of the
    largest replicas of Big foot no Guff I will
    take a photo send to Gus and if he would be
    so Kind post. Wow five hours north of Winnipeg
    thats Polar bear country I am sure the odd
    Wolverine lurking about anyway folks we will
    take care of your Chainsaw chick.

Peace out C.W.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The show airs at 5:30 pm in New York, so our east coast reporters have shared that there is no Cherie sighting on tonight's episode. They say it's still worth catching, it's pretty funny and the 'Doc' is a lunatic. Thankfully it appears that his goofy remark was cut off just in time. Cherie will be very happy to hear that!

Ok, new ep on Monday, but I'll continue to update you if Cherie calls in.
    Have a good weekend everybody!
    Cheers! [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast