Thread: Message for Cherie

Stanly68

Hey Cherie,

Well, it doesn't appear as if you've yet visited **************** At any rate, those of us over yonder have started to grow a bit concerned about Sandy West. After watching ******** and what Sandy had to say about her life, we're all worried. It's no secret that she's had legal problems over the years, which she's discussed, and there's been buzz that she may be in prison. It's none of our business except, being that we still believe in her and view her as an immense tallent, we want to write and lend her our support wherever she is. Any way you can help facilitate this?? We're hoping it's not too late. Sandy's only in her, what? early 40s? There's still a lot she could do as a rock drummer. I know we've all thrown minor barbs in your direction to some degree, but it's only because as fans were frustrated and nonplussed with what has gone done over the past 10 years and what we all view as a golden opportunity blown for this band to reunite. I know where you stand and respect that, but most of us deep down will always blame Kenny Laguna and, to a lesser degree, Joan, for going along with Kenny's controlling, (pardon me) moneygrubbing ways. I'm sure Lita's ego and recalcitrant nature got in the way as well, but deep down, as fans for 20-plus years, you've got to give us some credit for knowing the score. Word gets around and our opinion of Kenny is going to be hard to shake. All that BS aside, we'd like your help in getting some encouraging words to Sandy.

Best, Clean

Edited. I'm sure you know why.

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ June 06, 2005 10:43 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

Stanly68

Well, that's good news. Thanks for the reply. I will post the response on the other board and let people know this.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I always thought Kenny Laguna seemed like a cool guy and if Joan and Cherie like him that's good enough for me.

Being concerned about Sandy is commendable. We all sent her our good wishes a while back.

But, since you posted Rocky's reply elsewhere I was wondering why you felt it necessary to joke around about it first and call for some "intervention" when Rocky had made it clear that Sandy has been clean and sober for a year.

I hope Sandy gets a lot of nice emails!
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sandy had a long time problem with substance abuse. She's now been clean and sober for an entire year and we couldn't be more proud of her. She's working on getting her health back, improving her stamina on the drums, and writing her own memoirs on her life and the Runaways. Should be a great read!

She does not currently have a computer, but all the fan mail we receive for her is printed out and mailed to her. She does not reply to all of them personally, but she is very appreciative that there is support and love out there for her. All are welcome to send her letters at her Rocket City email address.

[email protected]

Rest assured, she gets every single one.

Cheers,
    Rocky

Stanly68

Just to be clear, Gus, I only called for intervention before I received Rocky's reply about Sandy being clean for a year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, acts like a rat... it's a f*cking rat.

I want to say that I've run out of steam with the BS from (some) people on your board Mr. Clean. If we edit it's because we have the RIGHT to make this a comfortable place for everyone. Who wants to hear all your bit*ching and attacks anyway. The majority of us don't. I absolutley WON'T! If people here want to visit your world, GREAT but it ends here NOW!
    I like the way things are run here and running off at the mouth because your board ALLOWS it doesn't make it right. To be honest, it's like a bunch of whiny babies kicking and screaming after sucking down soar milk.
    I think it best for us to agree to disagree and let it go at that.
    I simply won't STAND for the negitivity and back stabbing anymore... I WON'T have it!!!
    I'm glad you have your new board.
    If you won't play nice..
    Stay there.
    Cherie

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ June 07, 2005 01:38 AM: Message edited by: CHERIECURRIE ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Hummm funny every artist that i know are Junkies or Drunks.Look at Willie Nelson smoking pot if he enjoys it great.But i don't beleave most are Clean.I remember Steve Tyler staying that he was soooo clean on MYV once,I saw him backstage in Philly and i knowwww he was smashed but Joe Perry looked and sounded like he was clean.Thats why aerosmith changed managements I can go on but will stop here because i know when you are on the road life gets a bit boring.Johnny

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Mr. Clean:
    Just to be clear, Gus, I only called for intervention before I received Rocky's reply about Sandy being clean for a year.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Get real stanley. Your "bit of humor" was part of the <u>very same</u> post with Rocky's pasted reply!

Bye!
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Mr.Clean or Mr.Perfect or whoever you think you are? If your here on the board to bust balls. Then save it. This board is to represent positive opinions about the runaways & Cherie and all the good friends on this message board. Everyone here respects one another. There is much too much negativity too go around in the world. so why add more. And know one is perfect and everyone has some kind of skeletons in the closet to talk about. So unless you came down from heaven or your some kind of angel above. keep it to yourself or move on.....be kool Eric