Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Yeah, I enjoyed the Precious Metal video too Sheri. They Rocked, for sure!! Trump is a weenie!

Here is the new single/video by Ringo Starr.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5y956PV8no"]YouTube - Ringo Starr - Liverpool 8 (Official Music Video)[/nomedia]

It's the title track from his new album called "Liverpool 8" which is a reference to the zip code of his old stomping grounds!

Ringo is way cool!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Check out this wonderful piece of footage of ex-Bonzo and friend of the Pythons Neil Innes performing his Protest Song. Bob Dylan will never be the same again.

YouTube - NEIL INNES - PROTEST SONG - Rutland Weekend Television

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

FANtastic find Paul. I have had the Rutland Weekend Television records for years but never actually saw the show. I'll be watching all those videos, in the next few days!
    Neil's protest song is hilarious!
    Thanks!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad you enjoyed it, Gus. I've been lucky enough to see him perform this song twice, once in a one-man show called 'Joe Public', and again in a show when he mixed stories about his life and times with the Bonzos, Pythons, etc with songs to illustrate the tales.

If you're enjoying Rutland Weekend Television then make sure you check out these clips with 'Mr George 'Arrison' on the show. 'Incomparable' version of My Sweet Lord. He was a good sport, was George.
    YouTube - George Harrison on Rutland Weekend Television

I trust you've seen The Rutles film. Probably countless times.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I loved seeing George's Pirate Song and everything that lead up to it Paul. I had heard the song, on bootlegs, before but never saw the show to be able to put it in perspective! Very funny!
    Oh yeah, I've seen The Rutles movie several times!
    Love it, for sure!

Here is an interesting Neil Innes song with footage put together of the Beatles and the Rutles.

It's called HUMANOID BOOGIE!

YouTube - Humanoid Boogie

More later,
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a bizarre clip! I love his accent which is meant to be not just Scottish but Glaswegian. You can tell this as he says 'Away yi go, Jimmy!'. It's a trait that's dying out now, but there was a time when the name Jimmy was a catch-all for just about every male in Glasgow. e.g. 'Hello there Jimmy. How's yer bahoochie (backside) for lovebites (hickies)?' - a common, if somewhat informal, greeting from days of yore. I can assure you that I don't sound like that.

You should check out youtube for some Bonzo Dog Band clips from an old sixties childrens show called 'Do Not Adjust Your Set'. Strange as it may sound, this tea-time show for kids featured Terry Jones, Eric Idle and Michael Palin in what was a very obvious precursor to Monty Python. The Bonzo's version of 'The Sound of Music' has me laughing every time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Thanks Paul! I'll check some of that stuff out.
    I'm sure you know that The Bonzo Dog Band was in The Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour.

They were doing Death Cab For Cutie during that stripper scene!

Catch ya later dude!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

The Beatles vs. Boingo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oap1o...458903&index=2

Here's what the guy says about it!
    The Fab Four play at a spazmatic convention. As they were lip syncing and the origonal sound on my tape is shot I decided to have some fun with them.

And don't bug me to put up the origonal because I won't.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Okay, I guess it's Oingo Boingo music with Beatle footage.
    Strange to say the least!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sean Connors Films, Ltd. Presents a Frozen Pictures production of
    The Seventh Python, a non-fiction feature film based on the life, work and unplanned career of musical satirist
    Neil Innes.
    The Seventh Python traces one man?s winding path of whimsy as he flirts with destiny at the edge of fame with incredibly influential and unusually lasting work that keeps one foot each planted in the worlds of comedy and rock ?n? roll. From the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band to Monty Python's Flying Circus and The Rutles, to his Ego Warrior campaign and his insistence on wearing a plastic duck on his head, Neil Innes has proven to be the greatest musical comedy satirist of the past fifty years.
    Not for nothing does John Cleese compares him to Steve Martin and Charlie Chaplin. It?s no coincidence that Terry Jones likens him to Paul Simon. It?s bizarre that Eric Idle and Michael Palin say he reminds them of Belgians?but they all say it in The Seventh Python!
    Paul McCartney produced Neil's first (and, alas, last) hit single; he appeared in The Beatle's Magical Mystery Tour; he performed with The Pythons on television, on tour, in films-- and in The Concert for George tribute to his friend George Harrison (in which he was seen baring his *** onstage at the Royal Albert Hall); he belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as Rutle Ron Nasty; he plays a mean ukulele; and he's even got a songwriting credit on a tune by Oasis, who acknowledged ?appropriating" his classic, How Sweet To Be An Idiot; and did we mention he likes to wear a duck on his head?
    Yes, Neil Innes wears a duck on his head and he refuses to be famous. And it is his stubborn, brave resistance to celebrity culture and consumerism that is at the heart of this film that one early reviewer has called ?touching, hilarious and inventive!?
    The Seventh Python is filled with concert performances from Neil Innes? brave trip to Hollywood, the heart of celebrity culture, and includes appearances by many friends and associates, from the aforementioned Monty Pythons to music star Aimee Mann, Simpsons creator Matt Groening and a Rutle or two.
    The Seventh Python premieres in June at Martin Lewis? Mods & Rockers Film Festival at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood. The film is directed by Burt Kearns and written and produced by Burt Kearns and Brett Hudson.

Check out the trailor here:
    YouTube - The original trailer for The Seventh Python

Hey Paul, did you hear about this yet?
    Should be way cool, for sure!
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good stuff!!

As I mentioned before, I saw Neil Innes in a show where he talked about his life in show business and it was a hugely entertaining night. A friend who knew practically nothing about him came along and left the theatre a confirmed fan. I particularly liked his story concerning the Monty Python Live At Drury Lane album - how the Pythons had to pay royalties to Roger and Hammerstein because of his impromptu rendition of Climb Every Mountain during the Election Special sketch in which he played Kevin Philips Bong of the Slightly Silly Party.

I'll need to have a word with our programmer down in London to make sure we get this in the Belmont Picturehouse here in Aberdeen. Thanks for letting us know about it Gus.