Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RADIO ALERT! CHERIE IS ON IN AN HOUR!

Inactive Member imported_Al_Bundy's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, got the .rm file converted down to just over 8MBs as .ogg. Doesn't quite play properly in my jetaudio, kinda loses one channel, but does play properly in winamp. Still pretty good sound quality. Tried coverting the .ogg to mp3 but had some squawky noise, generaly poorer quality. I'll send you both the .rm and the .ogg in a .zip file, and you can do what you can with them.

Everyone else, sit tight for reved to put it on his site as he offered.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Caramba!
    U amigos R way over my cabesa but I'm ablidged to ya, whatever the heck it is you're doing!

Muchas Gracias!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I gave it one more, final try, and was able to convert the realmedia file to an 32kbps MP3 file. Winamp plays it properly, but the sound quality, noise wise, is noticably poorer than the realmedia file. It is still listenable, but kinda sounds like tin cans and string. Reved, if you want a copy of this MP3 let me know, it weighs in at 5 megs. The difference of 3 megs between the .ogg and this comparatively noisier, inferior .mp3 isn't worth the time IMO.

As for the original 22 MB realmedia file, if someone wants a copy of it and can do something with it in terms of making it available here let me know. That is if Reved has trouble downloading the copy I sent earlier.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

D amn! 27.9mb zip file!? It'll take the whole night to download, so maybe something back tomorrow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Too large of a file, Ok, how about just the .ogg at 7.8 mbs. zipped. Check your email again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saved the 27.9mb zip last night, and saving the smaller zip right now. When it's done will open them & see if reformatting is possible with what I have on a .rm file...

[img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] ...wait & listen... [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, opened the large Ogg-Vorbis version & fixed it up a bit, though opened & saved it as a WAVE. I never could open it through audio-editing programs as a RealMedia file.

Offset the tracks, so that missing channel is back with both R & L stereo equalized, not smashed into a single mono track. Amped volume of speech 8db, reduced volume of that song 2db, so not as jarring when the song comes on (******* thing almost blew the speakers first time because had the speech turned-up so high!) and did a little noise reduction because the right speaker had a weird flange/echo.

I'll post it here later tonight under the URL...

http://www.void-within.net/reved/audiofiles/CCradio.

just tell me what type of audio format most people here would like (.mp3, .ogg, .xac, .aif, .iff, .au, .voc, .snd, .wma, FLAC torrent, etc.). As a wave, the d amn thing it 227Mb!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good, you got them. Also good to know you were able to fix the .ogg.

You all will have to excuse those two "bing" sounds at the beginning. I got a couple error messages with another program I had open at the time, and the sounds got captured along with the radio feed. So if anyone wonders what those bings were, now you know.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

personaly, I save audio files as MP3 when I can. I then play it through my MusicMatch jukebox, where I can use the built in EQ.

The other reason is... I ain't got a clue what them other files are [img]redface.gif[/img]

rog

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Forget about them. I thought you were perhaps editing audio preferences on the computer while recording, so edited-out those two "bling"s.

Played the recording back, and that song REALLY got oversaturated. The speech with Cherie is good, but that song sounds like it's played through a paper-cup attached to fishing line to the neighbors house!

For a 22 minute mp3 (which is what I first exported it as), it's D AMN big! But saved it at 192Kbps stereo to help audio quality. Be prepared for a LONG download!! About 30Mb. Which will take forever to upload to my site (doing it as I write).

I could copy it as a dirt-poor low-quality mp3, or try a FLAC torrent... WMA is about the same file-size as MP3, to the best of my knowledge...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast