Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't give you a specific breakdown per artist, and the interesting thing is, it wouldn't get out because no one ever asks.
    What I can tell you is that there is a percentage every artist gets from ticket sales in an event like this (there's no door). There is a cost for security. Venders are on their own.
    The lowest % I've ever heard of is 65. Given the extreme amount of money paid for tickets (my understanding was around 50 per ticket), that's a lot of money.
    A person can give 10,000 dollars before it is taxed in the US. The amounts are smaller in other countries. We think big money gets big breaks, but they actually pay a lot of tax, so the actual $ amount is not what you'd think. A million dollar contribution costs $275,000.
    Anyway, like I said, no one ever asks what the breakdown is. That's why certain "help the children funds" say things like: "For every dollar, Joe gets 80 cents" when in reality it's more like Joe gets 10 cents while Joe's government gets 60, and the people collecting get 30.
    Not all charities are rip offs, and the money does go where it's intended, just not all of it and the smaller the orginization, the better your chances.
    In ours, 100% goes to the cause, while the expenses come out of our pocket. We have no grants and we have no sponsorship, and we have no start up funding.
    Snoop is not reputable in any way, shape or form, and unfortunately in his line of work, the more sleazy you are, the more popular you are.

I'd love to see people ask the breakdown of Live 8. I would love to see the numbers. It's a matter of public record in the US, but since this is a world thing, the rules may be different.
    All in All, it is great, even if they only get 10%, just for the publicity for the people in peril. 10% of a million (conservatively speaking) is still a lot in Africa. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Woulda loved to have seen Joss Stone in a corset singing "Cherry Bomb," but aside from that small oversight I thought the whole thing was very well done. Of course, London just HAD to get all the best acts. Philly sort of got the leftovers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It started in London. London is one of the best cities in the world.
    London Rocks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Ya know - I have been taking notice lately at just how awesome London seems to be. I have never visited there but would love to. I think at the moment if I were going to move out of our Great Nation ( I do love America), I would move to London to be honest. I would also consider Norway since I have been there. It's awesome - I can tell you that it is a beautiful place and the people are so kind and wonderful there.

-Sparkle [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

London is so very wonderful!! The British are lovely people.
    When I was there (2003), the only awful things were:
    1.The French and the Middle Easterners being extremely rude and hateful to the English ( stay out of England if you don't like it), the Middle Easterners were worse, and hateful to everyone. and
    2: The English culture is being destroyed and right now there are riots because foreiners are immigrating illegally and forcibly destroying the English culture. The English are irrate about that.
    It's happening in America as well, but we aren't doing anything about it.

Londoners (the English) are so extremely smart. In their school system University (not college, but a full fledge University) is free ( you just have to pass your A levels) and there's so much sense of history that America does not have. They go back so far that to an English person America was a coloney like a week ago. Their sense of history is just so long, that a long time ago to an English person was before the Roman Empire.
    You'll hear them get upset to this day about the Roman Empire.
    Go to the BBC website if you really want to learn about going to London. Oh, and if you ever go,DO NOT have your money in a savings account or think you can transfer funds from your savings to your checking. An ATM in London will not let you access a savings account from America. You will get the best rate from a debit card and an ATM, and London is VERY expensive (1 pound is usually $1.72-$2.00).
    I'd move there myself, but I don't want to take a job away from someone who was born there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12