Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If I don't ask this it will just killme. But like, I see 'newbies' get rated and thus far I have only gotten 1's. So what all are you 'judging' us on and what exactly is the point of it anyway? I come here to talk about Cherie and her legacy and her career and you guys give me a 1? Thanks for making one of your fellow Cherie fans feel welcome.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Don't let it get you down Hilljayne! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I have mentioned several times that, after observing for a long time, I don't believe the rating system is accurate.
    I have complained to hostboard about it even.

I don't know why anybody wants to be rated anyway.
    It's like you said, I come here to talk about Cherie with like-minded people, NOT to be judged.

I suggest you go to your profile and change that setting.
    Don't forget to scroll down and click on 'Update Profile' before you leave.

Just for the record. I have not rated you at all.
    I seldom rate anybody and don't accept ratings either!

Hope this helps!
    Have a nice day!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was at 1 for almost 1 1/2 years and I've been on this board for 3 years, and then you have Lancelot that's been a 2 and he's been on the board longer than me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys. I guess some people just like to be cute. Just kind of a strange welcome is all.

SCHEMESofNEON

Cute? please don't take it personal.guess it's like Gus said a Hostboard thing......I never really gave it any thought as it never really botherd me...
    Too me EVERYONE is equal ( as I don't like to put people higher or lower then me ) wheather you have one or five [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] 's

Were all here to share in some FUN, FAN- Friendships all in a nice atmosphere
    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

GUS- are we able to remove the star rating after you registered?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh yeah SCHEMES. I deleted my ratings about 4 years ago. Ya think anyone really notices how annoying those ratings can become when they first sign-up?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The rating system is sorta complicated, Here is the Official explanation by the administrators of Hostboard.

"The administrators of Hostboard do permit members to rate each other. Only registered members may be rated and they can only be rated by other members. Even if ratings are being used on this board, you may elect to not have other members rate you. To turn off member ratings for yourself, just change your profile settings. Rating of individuals are kept confidential so if you rate someone they will not know who rated them. You can however see who you have rated within your user profile.

For those of you that are intersted in how the rating system works basically, each rating is weighted based on the rating of the person doing the rating. Thus, if I have a 5-star rating myself and I rate you, my rating of you will carry more weight than someone rating you who has a personal of only 4 stars. In other words, ratings from people with higher ratings themselves carry more weight than ratings from people with lower ratings. Why do this? This prevents low-rated members from having as much influence in a person's overall rating.
    Weightings are as follows:

Unrated - 15%
    1 - 5%
    2 - 8%
    3 - 12%
    4 - 25%
    5 - 35%

So if I rate you 5 stars and I am only rated 3 stars, that vote only carries a weight of 12%, regardless of whether I subsequently increase to 5 stars. (i.e. your vote doesn't become worth 35%) The existing/new rating of the person getting rated doesn't affect the new vote."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Well, in my humble opinion, THAT is ridiculous.

Turn 'em off....It's not why we came here! [img]confused.gif[/img]

I like everyone, unless they are meanies!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

I dunno. It just threw me off is all. It kind of made me feel like the things I was saying weren't valid or relevant or whatever...and I haven't even made THAT many posts. Anyhoo...back to what IS important...I got a remastered copy of Cherie's BEAUTY album on CD and I love it! Sounds really good too. Next is the book since everyone is saying I will read it while trying to keep my mouth off the floor! Can't wait! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Believe me Hilljayne, this is not the first time someone's feelings were hurt by this "rating system" Hostboard offers.
    I'm actually surprised this doesn't come up more often but every time it does, I hear the same sort of feelings that you just expressed.

I see you've turned it off! Don't blame ya! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Catch ya later!
    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    Gus