Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi everyone!
    I was wondering if anyone had any idea on inexpensive/not so time consuming home made holiday gift ideas. Even if it is corny. I am having a gift exchange thing at work, and we can't label it and it has to be valued at $20.00. I don't want to go out and buy anything, that someone probably won't use. So, I decided to make some little craft and hide a $20.00 bill in it. But, I don't have time to sit and work on something for too long. So, I was hoping I could have the help of my friends on Cherie's board....
    Any ideas?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

The first thought I had was converting the twenty into Anthony dollars and then melting wax over a stack of them making a candle out of them but then I decided that might be kinda messy and so dropped that idea like a hot potato!

I shall ponder this question furthur as I'm w*rking like a [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img] today CCfan!

Nice to see ya hereabouts, btw!!
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the idea! Hey, what are Anthony dollars?
    Luv ya!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

<center>Anthony dollar coin</center>
    I'm not sure but I think The Susan B. Anthony dollar coin is a coin minted between 1979 and 1981, and again in 1999. It depicts women's suffrage campaigner Susan B. Anthony. The reverse depicts an eagle flying above the moon, a design adapted from the Apollo 11 mission insignia that was also present on the previously issued Eisenhower dollar. Though it is round, it may appear 11-sided, due to an 11-sided rim bordering the edge of both sides.

Because of their mutually approximate size and color, it is very easy to mistake for a quarter. It was unpopular and was disparagingly referred to as the "Carter quarter" or the "Anthony quarter." Although not used much in circulation, it was accepted by some vending machines, including those of the United States Post Office and mass transit in large cities. The coin was re-issued in 1999 when the US Mint's supply of dollar coins was exhausted, before it was possible to start production of the gold-colored Sacagawea dollar released in 2000. Approximately 910 million Anthony dollars were produced during their four years of issue.

The Anthony dollar is notable by numismatists because (as of 2005) it was the last coin produced for regular issue by the San Francisco Mint.

Since the Sacagawea Dollar's 2000 introduction, the Susan B. Anthony Dollar circulated along with it. The Presidential $1 Coin Act of 2004 would change this, as it proposes taking all remaining Susan B. Anthony Dollars out of circulation. This bill passed in the House of Representatives and is predicted to pass in the Senate. If this happens, Susan B. Anthony Dollars will be taken out of circulation beginning in 2007.

The more I think about it the more I like my Anthony Candle idea! Dare I say it? It wicks 4 me! LOL!
    Luv ya too dear!
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very cool idea!
    I will have to get with hubby CCfan to see how/if we should do it.
    Thanks for the cool idea!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

For a taller candle you could use 80 quarters!
    [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img]
    GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a huge mug collection. When there are situations like this, I just take a mug I don't use, and stick the money in it, plus, they get a new coffee cup.
    Maybe you have a cup you don't use. there's no work, either.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great Ideas!
    I decided to go with a real gift. I went to the store today and they had so many cool gifts for less money, so I put together and cool little dessert plate/towel set for the holidays.

Even though I didn't use the ideas, I think this is still a great topic for anyone.

Homemade gift ideas.......

My best friend and I are going to make jelly, banana bread, pumpkin rolls and cookies. Put them in baskets and give as gifts!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Too bad. THESE would have made entertaining stocking-stuffers... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it's a great topic for everyone also.
    It may sound cheap, but dollar stores have great things to give. Some things you can paint or customize for your gift receiver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast