Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went to the benefit Cherie and Ron Whitaker put on last night. In fact, I was there from Noon on. It was a very LONG day for everyone involved!

I helped set things up, then they took away one of the floors (the club had 3 stories) and we had to move everything from the basement to the 2nd floor. The autograph sessions were held up there, as was the auction. I met all of the movie/tv stars, they were very nice and gracious. Cherie's mom, Marie Harmon, and dad celebrated their anniversary at the show. I thought that was really cool. I can't remember all of the stars names, but I know Marie Harmon, Sondra Currie, Robert Hayes, Kent McCord, Tracy Scoggins, Donna Pescow, Bob May, Gary Graham, Dawn Lyn, David Ness and I think a couple of others were there.

The performers were supposed to play for 30 minutes each. Someone by the name of Jami Templeton sang the Star Spangled Banner just before the show started. When Cherie introduced her, she said she has been called the white Aretha Franklin. The Knack opened the show, they were good. Annabella Lwin came on next, she was awesome, my favorite set of the whole show. Cherie Currie's son Jake played on 'I Want Candy'. It was great! Martha Davis came on after her, she was good too. She believes very strongly in the free clinics. I talked with her for a while before the show, she is a VERY nice woman. Linda Perry came on, and she was awesome, my second favorite set of the show. She played the shortest set, only 20 minutes. Let's see, after that, Cherie Currie came on. The Street Walking Cheetahs were her band. This was my 3rd favorite set of the show. After that, Michael Des Barres closed the show, with the Street Walking Cheetahs as his band. He was good, very energetic and man, did he sweat. haha Ian Mitchell, ended up having the flu and couldn't make the show. His band was there tho, and I sat with them except when I was running around on the floor taking pictures.

I shot film, so I don't have my pictures to share yet (I'm still in CA and can't take the film in until tomorrow), but here is one from before the soundchecks started, of Cherie's son Jake, Katt Lowe, me and Cherie.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WACFAlIaHZY7OLerXSJmHze2*UlTSjoQ4IQQnp8jcF8sSC8um UGZ5J*4rRnlBMYxGzBUItMYxBhmlorb!W!7!5UtHdPnylxO8VX BVNm0dw1JAtBgThG*8bU3aC8IFx1hNwAAAP****8/DSCF1356.JPG?dc=4675547485910915389[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hiya jett1,
    I can't thank you enough for that wonderful review. I was hoping someone would do that. What an awesome experience that must have been.
    I hope someone videotaped it for release. [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img]

I look for ward to seeing more of your photos from the event, for sure. I love this one of the four of you from before the soundchecks!

So CCool of you to share Denise!
    Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou!
    [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My pleasure Gus! I can't even begin to describe how awesome EVERY performance was! Yes, it was taped and video recorded for future release.

When Cherie emailed me and asked if I would like to be their "personal photographer", how could I say no? I like her and respect her so much, of course I would do this!

I'm VERY anxious to see how my pictures came out! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Hello Everyone!!

I had to log in and say that Saturday night ROCKED!! A big Congrats goes out to Cherie and Mara for putting on an AMAZING show. Every single band did an OUTSTANDING job!! Of course you know who was my favorite [img]wink.gif[/img] whether or not I was on stage...HA! Considering some of the obstacles...the show ran without a hitch. All of you would have been proud. It was defintiely a night to remember.

Wait until you see the outfit Cherie was wearing... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Have a great week,

Katt

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The show was fantastic! All of the bands rocked, and everything went very smooth. Cherie was amazing and looked fierce in her sexy outfit. The only mishap seemed to be when Cherie was almost "pulled" off stage by an over zealous fan, but she took it right in stride and kept rocking. I must send out a BIG thank you to Cherie for all of her work on putting together such an excellent show and lineup. It was a fabulous evening! THANK YOU!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by jett1:
    Yes, it was taped and video recorded for future release.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is FANtastic news Denise! I'll be anxiously awaiting arrival of the DVD and/or CD.
    How Cool! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    BTW, Cherie made a great choice for "official photographer" because you are certainly one of the best!

Hi Katt...it sounds like a great success and a great time all rolled into one. You and Mr. Roberts got me even anxiouser to see jett1's photos too.

Hi Mr. Roberts, welcome to Cherie's Message Board!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh man i once again missed it! It makes me wonder am i doomed to never meet Cherie or see her rock out live? [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Oh well, i am so excited to read the review and i cannot wait to see the pictures. COngrats on getting the Official Photographer job that's so awsome!!!!!

I have only one last thing to say

CHERIE YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Originally posted by almarockstar:
    CHERIE YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree whole [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] edly!!! yourock
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the wonderful break-down! It's really great to hear, since there are a lot of us that didn't get to go.
    Jett1, I know what you mean, our show set up starts at noon and we usually don't get through with load out until 4:30a. Makes for a very long event. We usually have a pre-show the day before for all the out-of-towners and the bands, as a Thank You. For two nights it's 12p-4:30a. It's worth it, though.

I look forward to the shoot, it'd be great to sell on Cherie's site.