Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

BROOKLYN, Mich. ? Pat Green may think twice the next time before asking for a cold one.

The last time he did it, the Texas-born country singer-songwriter was knocked out cold.

Green performed Saturday night at the Michigan International Speedway after NASCAR's Carfax 250 race. He's best known for the 2003 hit "Wave on Wave."

The Jackson Citizen Patriot reports that late in his show, he shouted, "Anyone got a beer?"

A can of suds suddenly soared from the audience onto the stage. Then a second can from the crowd hit Green between the eyes, knocking him out.

Medical personnel treated him at the track.

A phone message seeking an update on Green's condition was left Tuesday at his publicist's office in Nashville, Tenn.

Is that crazy or what?!?!
    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] scratchchin
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bet that ******* hurt [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Dumb *** should have known better then to ask a Michigan crowd if they had a beer [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

Maybe the Detroit Lions should sign that guy that threw the beer, everyone knows they could use a Quarterback....*actually we need a new owner, will never win under Ford ownership*

WingNut
    Go Redwings

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just put "so many roads" a 5 CD mostly live
    Grateful Dead compilation from the 60's to the 90's back in the rotation.

I don't know how many Dead fans are here but it's real nice to listen to them once and a while.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Howdy Gregg! Good idea!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Howdy Charlie! I agree, sometimes the time is right for none other than the Grateful Dead!
    That sounds like an awesome compilation, for sure! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

An now....the latest "spicy" news!

Melanie Chisholm is ready to spice up her life ? with a baby!

The sometime Sporty Spice, 34, and her boyfriend of six years, property developer Thomas Starr, confirmed the pregnancy on her Web site Friday morning.

"Some happy news," she wrote. "I can now announce that Tom and I are expecting a baby and we are very happy."

Mel C. follows in the footsteps of her former Spice Girls bandmates ? Victoria Beckham, Melanie Brown, Geri Halliwell and Emma Bunton ? who have all become moms.

Baby buzz building began last week, when Chisholm wore a baggy dress during a show in Liverpool last week.

"As I'm sure you'll understand, we needed time to wait for results and tell our families," she explained on the site.

Even as she prepares for motherhood, the singer says she's "also excited" to begin writing songs for a new solo album.

"I will need to take some time off to be a mum," she wrote. "But, before you know it, we'll be back."

Her "very excited" trainer, Matt Roberts, adds: "Her pregnancy is great news. Melanie is fit, healthy and well and I am sure she will sail through her pregnancy, and I know that she will look great afterwards too, as I will be making sure that she does!"

I know Sportyfan will find this news to be interesting. Howzabout you???
    I guess now they can call themselves the Spice Moms, eh?!?!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] headphones
    Gus

Inactive Member The Canadian Wolverine's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Bummed out not going to see Joan in Niagra
    Falls was in Toronto last weekend And
    will be this weekend so I missed the
    important one.

CW

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was in Mass last weekend in a little town called Newburyport and strolled into a CD shop and grabbed.
    1) Albert KIng live at the Montrauex Jazz fest circa 1973, very nice.
    2) 2 disc set from New Orleans own "The Radiators" The set is called "wild and free" all unreleased cuts 95% live some studio. Lots of fine grooves you'll be dancing all night with this one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In Toronto to promote the forthcoming documentary It Might Get Loud ― which also features U2 guitarist the Edge and White Stripes guitarist Jack White ― Jimmy Page fielded questions from journalists reportedly more interested in the possibility of a Led Zeppelin reunion than his new film.

After several reunion questions were posed to him, Page finally said, ?We?re not actually really recording. We played at the O2 [in London]. That was our reunion. It?s nothing as monumental as what people are speculating and projecting.?

Page also said, ?If you?re going to do a reunion, you need four members,? reportedly referring to singer Robert Plant being tied up with his current project with Alison Krauss. The final stop on Plant and Krauss? six-month tour to promote Raising Sand is on Oct. 16 in Saratoga, Calif. ―Ellen Mallernee

So much for that wish!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

10 Artists Who Should Be In The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

Russell Hall | 09.24.2008

Each year, around this time, rock fans get to wring their hands over artists who are overlooked by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The Byzantine logic that drives member-selection remains one of life?s great mysteries, but it?s a safe bet that industry politics plays a prime role. Not only are worthy artists absent, but artists who figured prominently in the careers of inducted bands have sometimes been neglected as well. Bob Welch, for instance, played a central role in Fleetwood Mac?s transition toward a more commercially viable pop-rock sound, and yet the Hall ignored Welch completely when Fleetwood Mac was inducted. In conjunction with this week?s announcement of the 2009 nominees, below are 10 artists whose absence from the Hall is indefensible.

Alice Cooper

The fact that AC/DC and Aerosmith are in the Hall, but the original Alice Cooper Group is not, is mind-boggling. From 1971 through 1973, the Alice Cooper Group unleashed four albums that shaped the rock landscape for years to come. Artists as diverse as ZZ Top and Kiss have cited Cooper as an influence. More importantly, ?School?s Out,? ?I?m Eighteen? and ?Elected? have gone on to become American rock classics.

Comparable inductees: AC/DC, Aerosmith

Lou Reed

Sure, the Velvet Underground is in the Hall, but what about solo Lou Reed? For two decades, from 1970 through 1989, Reed delivered classic albums on a regular basis. Transformer (1972), The Blue Mask (1982), and New York (1989) are masterpieces, each testifying to the power of the classic rock format of two guitars, bass, and drums. No less an artist than Pete Townshend once hailed Reed as rock?s equivalent of Charles Bukowski, only better.

Comparable inductees: Leonard Cohen, Dion

The Guess Who

With the exception of Creedence Clearwater Revival (and possibly the Doors), no band of the late ?60s and early ?70s released as many quality singles as the Guess Who. The band?s early hits ― ?Undun,? ?No Time? and ?American Woman,? among others ― were notable for the innovative guitarwork of Randy Bachman, whose six-string style had a profound impact on fellow Winnipeg native Neil Young. Singer Burton Cummings often came off as a less gloomy version of Jim Morrison ― an altogether good thing.

Comparable Inductees: Lovin? Spoonful, Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Todd Rundgren

Say what you will about Todd Rundgren?s work in recent years; on the basis of his ?70s work alone, the man is worthy of induction. Rundgren?s 1972 opus, Something/Anything?, remains the greatest one-man-band effort in rock history, while the more adventurous A Wizard, A True Star and Todd adhere to just a slightly lesser standard. Add to those recordings an array of production credits that includes albums by Patti Smith, the New York Dolls and the Tubes, and it?s unfathomable that Rundgren has been neglected by the Hall.

Comparable inductees: Frank Zappa, Carole King

Yes

Notwithstanding the myriad personnel changes, Yes has been the standard-bearer for prog rock for 40 years. Even relatively recent albums ― such as 2001?s Magnification ― have pushed the genre forward. Quite rightly, the band is most deserving for the pioneering albums The Yes Album, Fragile, and Close to the Edge. Of its many members, those who should stand at the Hall podium are Jon Anderson, Chris Squire, Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman, Alan White, Bill Bruford and Trevor Rabin.

Comparable inductees: Jefferson Airplane, Traffic.

Cheap Trick

Few bands have blended fabulous songwriting, a rousing stage show, and dazzling musicianship as effectively as Cheap Trick. Over the course of 35 years, the band has created some of the most infectious guitar-pop ever committed to vinyl. ?Hello There,? ?Surrender,? and ?I Want You to Want Me? are classics of the idiom.

Comparable inductees: Blondie, Talking Heads

T.Rex

In the ?70s, T.Rex?s music was regarded as too ?bubble-gum-y? for American tastes. But don't tell that to such songwriting greats as Alejandro Escovedo and Paul Westerberg, both of whom have cited T.Rex frontman Marc Bolan as a primary influence. At the time of his death in 1977, Bolan had amassed a body of work that?s inspired each successive generation of pop-rock artists.

Comparable inductees: Ramones, Blondie

Deep Purple

If Black Sabbath warrants induction, then certainly these groundbreaking heavy metallists deserve as place in the Hall as well. With its ?Mach II? lineup (Ian Gillan, Ritchie Blackmore, Roger Glover, Ian Paice and Jon Lord), the band recorded a series of classic albums that remain templates for bands who aspire toward technically sophisticated guitar rock. ?Smoke on the Water,? ?Space Truckin?? and ?My Woman from Tokyo? are branded onto the classic-rock lexicon.

Comparable inductees: Black Sabbath, Cream

Iggy Pop

Sure, the Stooges may squeak into the Hall this year, but the band?s iconic frontman deserves the honor in his own right. As a solo artist, the ageless wonder has shown remarkable consistency over the course of 20-plus albums. To gauge his impact, count the number of Iggy songs recorded by David Bowie (?China Girl,? ?Tonight,? ?Neighborhood Threat,? etc.).

Comparable inductees: Patti Smith, Elvis Costello & the Attractions

The Replacements

What the Velvet Underground was to the ?60s, the Replacements were to the ?80s. Consigned to the backwaters of commercial success, the Minneapolis-based band nonetheless laid the groundwork for the alternative-rock explosion that took hold with Nirvana. Buoyed by his raggedly empathetic ?mates, frontman Paul Westerberg wrote brilliant songs that have since been covered by everyone from Kelly Willis to Shawn Colvin to Glen Campbell.

Comparable inductees: Velvet Underground, The Pretenders

I can't believe The Runaways didn't make this list! It's a good list alright but The Runaways should be right up on top, IMO!

Comparable inductees: Can't think of any!!!
    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Originally posted by BrownThrasher:

I can't believe The Runaways didn't make this list! It's a good list alright but The Runaways should be right up on top, IMO!

Comparable inductees: Can't think of any!!!
    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree whole-heartedly!
    Make sure you sign the petition!
    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c/f/104/t/1720

They'll get there yet!
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Paul McCartney Resurrects Side Project For Forthcoming Album

Paul McCartney's next album, which is scheduled for release on November 17, will mark a radical departure from last year's solo disc, Memory Almost Full. Resurrecting his side project The Fireman, Sir Paul has re-teamed with dance music maestro Youth for a 13-track CD titled Electric Arguments. Unlike the first two Fireman albums, which were all-instrumental affairs, the new CD will feature vocals. An unnamed studio source told the London newspaper The Guardian that the album is "like Arcade Fire Meets Led Zeppelin."

Further details were provided at paulmccartney.com. A press statement on the website describes the disc as "an eclectic and varied album consisting of thirteen tracks recorded in thirteen days over a period of nearly a year." The statement goes on to say that each track was recorded in the span of a single day, and that "the results will surprise anyone expecting to hear the previous sound of the band."

Earlier this year The Fireman donated one track, "Lifelong Passion," to the charitable organization Adopt-A-Minefield. London's Radio 1 premiered a radio-edit of a second track, "Nothing Too Much Just Out of Sight," on Sept. 29.

Track listing:

1) Nothing Too Much Just Out Of Sight

2) Two Magpies

3) Sing The Changes

4) Travelling Light

5) Highway

6) Light From Your Lighthouse

7) Sun Is Shining

8) Dance ?Til We?re High

9) Lifelong Passion

10) Is This Love?

11) Lovers In A Dream

12) Universal Here, Everlasting Now

13) Don?t Stop Running

Well Well Well....More Macca for my collection!
    olsparky