Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh man, that award show was awful. I'd rather watch Lawrence Welk re-runs than that **** !
    [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Getting ready to catch Neil Young on Saturday Night Live!
    Can't be bad!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

"Publc Warning" by Lady Sovereign is playing here right now!
    Oh my god! Have I gone Hip Hop? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    Nope, I just like the S.O.V.! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

She's the "biggest midget in the game"
    for sure!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just picked up a 3 cd live set of Rush called "differen stages", it blew me away.
    What a great band that a lot of people don't mention with the great ones.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

That sounds like an interesting set Charlie!

I'm listening to Jackie Lomax! All I have is his Apple album, released in '68 and produced by George Harrison but it's really quite good, with great guest artists playing on it. Makes me want to see what else I can find out there.
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Originally posted by SouthwestRanger:
    The Doors & Jim Morrison

Starting in the first hour, author R. Gary Patterson was joined by guitarist Robby Krieger and keyboardist Ray Manzarek, both from the legendary Doors.

walrus1994 340 Rgppromos 008

R. GARY PATTERSON

The two musicians discussed being part of the group, working with Jim Morrison, and questions surrounding his death in Paris in 1971. Manzarek said he and Morrison decided to form the Doors after running into each other on the beach in Venice in 1965 (they had gone to school together at UCLA). Two years later, they had a #1 hit with Light My Fire, which was written by Krieger.

Morrison and the Doors sought in their performances to create a ceremony to "release the Dionysian impulse" and offer a "s?ance to palliate the dead," Manzarek explained, adding that Morrison always had a strong interest in the subject of death.

The Doors' manager went to Paris to deal with Morrison's death, but later admitted he never saw the body, and the coffin was sealed, Krieger recounted. Manzarek doubted that he could still be alive, as some have claimed, but that if he had faked his death, it would mean he doesn't want to be found.

doors20 20other20voices

Krieger noted that towards the time of Morrison's death, he appeared to have a serious medical condition and was coughing up blood. The condition might have been TB, said Patterson, who commented there were many unanswered questions in the star's death. In the last hour, Patterson took calls about Morrison, and other rock 'n' roll mysteries....

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2008/01/24.html

SR: And I'd like to modestly mention ....NOT !!!! That SR managed to join the callers during the 4-5 am hour and mention the fact that Fleetwood Mac has a storied history of involvement with the paranormal.

Patterson then stated that it seems that any guitarist with FM seems to be cursed with misfortune such as Jeremy Spencer running off suddenly to join a cult and Peter Green suffering from a major case of schizophrenia. Patterson was also aware that Stevie recieved visitations from her late friend Robin Anderson including rocking the cradle of her young child in front of Stevie and other witnesses....

Also mentioned was the fact that Morrison mentioning to several people he was having dinner with after the deaths of Jimi and Janis that "Well you're drinking with #3!"....Morrison's involvement with Patricia Kenneally a practicing White Witch (Wiccan)

Morrison and THE DOORS music was also popular with the Troops in Vietnam which led Francis Ford Coppala to make sure their songs were included in the APOCALYPSE NOW SOUNDTRACK

On one light hearted note, there was film footage of the film crew teaching several of the Asian Extras who took part in the Helicopter Attack scene on the Viet Cong stronghold to sing "Light My Fire"

You can listen to this programme including my phone call by logging on to www.coasttocoastam.com
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for sharing this here Jim!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anytime Gus....

Now lets get our darling Cherie on COAST TO COAST along with Jake since they are close to the studios there !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

As the second anniversary of his separation from Heather Mills approaches, Paul McCartney has had to face a new strain: a flurry of well-wishers concerned with his reputed heart condition.

"I'm happy to say that I feel great and I have passed my most recent medical [exam] with flying colours," McCartney, 65, writes ? with British spellings, of course ? on his newly redesigned Web site.

"What happened was, over a year ago during a routine medical examination, there was a minor irregularity which I needed to have tests for and which I have now been assured is completely fine," he says.

"The media have only just recently reported an exaggerated version of this and that is why people have been asking me if I am ok," he also recounts, adding, "The media reports have, as usual, completely distorted the story, calling it an angioplasty, which is entirely untrue, and this is why so many friends have been concerned about my health."

Not that he isn't grateful, saying: "I would like to thank all of you and my friends and relatives for your concern and I?m very happy to put your minds at rest, although I have secretly been enjoying all the sympathy I?ve been getting!"

He signs off with, "I look forward to a rocking 2008! Love, Paul."
    d8a5441817b1822522ccbd12236dce81
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't know about this, but I'm glad to hear he's all right.

A guy I knew at school was an even bigger McCartney fan that I was (not that I'm not a fan still) and managed to get himself invited to be part of the audience in one of Macca's videos. (Which one escapes me at the moment - did the 'Coming Up' video have Paul playing in front of an audience? I think it might have been that one.) Anyway, somehow he also managed to get himself invited to sit at the same dinner table as Paul and Linda during a break in shooting, and has a great framed photo of them all together. He said that the McCartney's were really down to earth and incredibly friendly. Was I jealous or what?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, I just grabbed 2 great live discs and I they are from the 70's and are hot, soulful and
    ROCK!

EDGAR AND JOHNNY WINTER "TOGETHER"
    EDGAR WINTERS WHITE TRASH "ROAD WORK".

Trust me on these.