Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's a nice little article and video about the Beatles (on the day they had their first UK no.1) at this address:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle3277248.ece

Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If Morrison did "fake" his demise in Paris, he had plenty of reasons to do so...

He was facing numerous paternity suits from Women claiming he fathered their offspring, He had trouble over the Miami Concert where he allegedly exposed himself along with problems with Lawsuits of various degrees...

Morrison did confide to close associates that he was really getting tired of the Rock Scene and wanted out. He wanted to break free and either become a poet or find another profession....

Also If Morrison died, Pamela Courson never filed a Death Certificate with the American Embassy in Paris or allow the French Authorities to perform a proper autopsy as the law dictated....

And in 1974, Pamela convieniently died of a Heroin Overdose, thus taking any proper explanation of the matter to her grave...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

More About Jim Morrison....

Reprinted from SECRET AND SUPPRESSED:
    BANNED IDEAS AND HIDDEN HISTORY

So much has been written and speculated upon surrounding Jim Morrison's life, death and after-death that it is no longer enough to address just the facts. One must now also address the self-perpetuating mythos that has developed and enveloped the facts.

In the late nineteen sixties, Doors' singer Jim Morrison founded a publishing company named Zeppelin Publishing Company with the help of the legal department of Warner Brothers Pictures and Atlantic Records. According to promotions for Zeppelin, "Jim wanted to get his hands on the trademark 'Zeppelin' before Led Zeppelin did. He did this while everyone in America knew who the Doors were, but before the other rock group was well known..." Zeppelin Publishing Company was chartered and put into hibernation for later resurrection.

On July 3, 1971, rock and roll wunderkind James Douglas Morrison was supposedly, reportedly, found dead in a Paris, France apartment he had sub-leased as a writer's studio. His 'wife', Pamela Courson, was the first to discover the body in the bathroom. Jim lay in the bathtub, naked and half-submerged. At first she thought that "Jim was pretending", noticing that he had "recently shaved".

What immediately followed was a series of bizarre and convoluted events, probable conspiracies, strange coincidences and surreal news reports surrounding the death of James Douglas Morrison. Following the death there was a three day news blackout. This was reported on and questioned widely in the media, including articles in The Berkeley Barb, Esquire, the LA Free Press, Sounds, The Baltimore Morning Sun, and many others. Robert Hillburn writing at that time in The LA Times, called his obituary of Morrison "Why Morrison Death News Delay??" igniting a spark that has yet to smolder.

The blackout prevented Morrison's close friends from getting at the principals and witnesses -- and the corpse -- for close inspection. Even Jim's parents and his in-laws were prevented from seeing the corpse.

Pamela had called a local French medical examiner -- Dr. Max Vasille -- to take charge upon finding her husband's body. Dr. Vasille listed the cause of death as "heart failure". Several people viewed the sealed coffin, including Doors manager Bill Siddons, who apparently chose not to view the corpse. Siddons official statement to the press was that "Jim Morrison died of natural causes" and that "the death was peaceful".

Although Jim's death was listed officially as "heart failure", his personal physician, Dr. Derwin, stated to the press that "Jim Morrison was in excellent health before travelling to Paris".

This has recently been complicated by "Queen Mu" writing in the avant garde magazine Mondo 2000 (Summer, 1991). Apparently Mondo 2000 surfaced a rare medical file regarding Jim Morrison's various sexual diseases, and the treatments he was undergoing for them. There was mention of "cancer of the *****...". Queen Mu reports:

"... Hey! No one wants to be expunged from the Book of Life. How many medical workers at UCLA knew that Jim Morrison was being treated for gonorrhea in the Fall of 1970? Knew of the biopsy that confirmed adenoma of the penile urethra -- often consequence to repeated gonorrhea? This is a particularly swift form of cancer whose only alternative may have been radical castration..." -- Queen Mu, pp. 131

No autopsy was performed on Jim Morrison's corpse, as is the usual custom in unusual or suspect deaths in France. Had friends been able to at least see the corpse this might have been done.

According to several reports, a Morrison confidant Alan Ronay alos helped maintain the blackout surrounding the death. Jim Morrison's body was quickly whisked away to be buried at Pere Lachaise. Pere Lachaise is a national French monument and notables like Balzac, Edith Piaf, Moliere, Oscar Wilde and other French countrymen are buried there. Regarding Pere Lachaise: Jim had handpicked the gravesite on several occasions for his impending 'burial'. He had visited the site as late as three days before his 'death'. This is reported in Break On Through and other Morrison biographies.

The media at once showed suspicion regarding Morrison's grave due to the fact that foreigners are rarely buried in a national French monument. Reports like those in the Baltimore Morning Sun questioned how he might have cajoled his way into the cemetary to be buried.

Upon viewing the Pere Lachaise grave site, Doors drummer John Densmore stated: "... the grave is too short!" Doors manager Bill Siddons, when asked about Pere Lachaise, stated: "... how it happened is still not clear to me". He was quoted in Bam!, a rock magazine back in 1981 regarding the controversy. At any rate, Morrison's grave at Pere Lachaise remained unmarked for several months, adding and maintaining a further cloak around the corpse and the evidence.

Only two people saw Jim Morrison's dead body -- his wife Pamela and Dr. Vasille. Dr. Vasille has repeatedly denied interviews and will not answer questions, and Pamela is dead.

READ MORE AT .....

http://www.reptilianagenda.com/other/o110699a.shtml

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Lot's of mediocre bands on MySpace, for sure!
    This one, however, is exceptional!

Who's That Girl?

This is their only video,so far but it's FANtastic!
    YouTube - WHO´S THAT GIRL?

You can hear some of their other tunes here!
    http://www.myspace.com/whosthatgirlmusic

Check 'em out.
    They ROCK!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

brian
    BRIAN JONES would have been 66 years old today, if he was still among us, so I?d like to share with you a chronicle written in 2002 about the influence of Brian in the emergence of British Rock Music in the 1960s?

**********BRIAN JONES (28 February 1942 ? 3 July 1969)************

"The contributions of John Lennon and Elvis Presley on modern popular American culture are commonplace. Another important, but forgotten individual who was vital to the emergence of British rock music in the 1960s posthumously celebrates a 60th birthday this month. His impact in musical endeavor overshadows all other rock'n'roll bands, excluding The Beatles.

Lewis Brian Hopkin-Jones was born in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, on February 28, 1942. He drowned under suspicious circumstances on July 3, 1969 at Cotchford Farm in Hartford, Sussex. Jones launched his Rollin' Stones r&b combo with Stu on July 12, 1962 at the Marquee Club in London. 40 years later in 2002, his band is preparing to launch their first tour of the 21st Century.

Together with Ian Stewart (Stu 1938 - 1985), they formed a nucleus as the original founding members of The Rollin' Stones. Jones named the group after a Muddy Waters song, inspired by his passion for Black American rhythm & blues artists. His drive for popularity was the ignition during their embryonic phase that propelled the group to prominence. The blues duo were joined by vocalist **** Jagger, guitarist Keith Richards, drummer Charlie Watts, and bassist Bill Wyman.

Brian Jones' slide guitar work was ahead of its time. He was a gifted musician with an uncanny knack for excelling on new instruments, adding exotic textures and subtle flavor to early Stones recordings. Jones poured his intuition and ability as a talented musician into these songs, giving them the right feel necessary to top the charts. The Stones survived by scoring hits from those singles released as 45s in the 1960s.

"I Wanna Be Your Man", "Little Red Rooster", "19th Nervous Breakdown", "Paint It Black", "Mother's Little Helper" b/w "Lady Jane", "Ruby Tuesday", "We Love You", and "2000 Light Years From Home" are all classic recordings that benefited from musical textures of an exotic instrument or guitar solo performed by Jones. "Under My Thumb" is a phenomenal 1966 album track that received his special touch.

Evidence suggests that Jones did compose and record some embryonic Rolling Stones material. "Wake Up In The Morning" is an October 1963 commercial jingle the Stones recorded for Rice Krispies Cereal that was utilized for European consumers. The music is vintage sounding Stones, composed by Jones. "Dust My Pyramids" is thought to be a Jones instrumental performed by the group on a January 1964 BBC Radio broadcast.

"Sure I Do" dates to a November 1963 recording session at the Regent Sound Studios in London featuring Brian Jones on lead vocals. Legendary crooner Gene Pitney is to have assisted Jones in the completion of this track. "I Want You To Know" is another unreleased Rolling Stones recording from December 1963. This track was produced into an acetate demo and shopped around as a potential recording vehicle for emerging artists.

The haunting music of "Ruby Tuesday" is said to have been composed on the spot in the recording studio by Brian Jones, playing an original melody on a recorder. Richards on piano picked up on the notes. Both Marianne Faithful and Stewart have made comments, confirming his authorship of this musical masterpiece.

Brian Jones gathered himself together to compose the filmscore to the 1967 Volker Schlondorff movie, A Degree Of Murder a.k.a. Mord Und Totschalg. The soundtrack was recorded at IBC Studios with producer Glyn Johns, featuring session musicians guitarist Jimmy Page, pianist Nicky Hopkins, and background vocals from Peter Gosling.

Mord Und Totschalg starred Anita Pallenberg and was the German entry for the 1967 Cannes Film Festival. Jones versatility is represented by his performances on autoharp, dulcimer, harmonica, organ, and sitar. In addition, the music is complimented by strings and orchestral accompaniment. A video cassette version is supposedly available in Europe as a PAL tape.

During one of his journeys to Morocco, Jones discovered the Master Musicians of Joujouka. Brian Jones Presents The Master Musicians of Joujouka was recorded by Jones and posthumously released in October 1971. Jones had attempted to introduce ethnic music to a global audience. The Glimmer Twins would later invite the MMJ to perform on the track "Continental Drift" from 1989's Steel Wheels album as a nod to Brian.

As the Rolling Stones became popular as antecedent to the well loved Beatles, the British authorities decided to commence a crackdown against Jagger, Jones, and Richards based upon gossip forwarded by media informants. Jones could not weather the incessant Scotland yard harassment campaign conducted upon him. His relationship problems with Anita Pallenberg and with the band members intensified his abuse of drugs and alcohol. An undiagnosed serious medical condition impeded his physical stamina and mental health.

Brian Jones died under what remain mysterious circumstances. Sadly, he never reached his potential as a musician or as a composer. Jones will exist in anonymity as the unknown hero of rock'n'roll, being the ultimate rock persona tragedy. The musical achievement of the band he envisioned, however, has reached its 40th Anniversary as a major international touring success. Together with The Who and the Moody Blues, these are the only three surviving groups from the 1964 Class of British Invasion bands.

Through The Past Darkly was a compilation album with a poem in memory of Brian released on September 12, 1969, following his untimely death. 25 years later in 1994, Symphonic Music of the Rolling Stones was also dedicated to Brain Jones. Historic sessions of the Rolling Stones recorded for BBC Radio broadcasts from 1963 through 1965 have been uncovered, but remain unissued featuring the outstanding guitar work of Brian Jones.

Today, the Stones are now a R&R institution, recognized by an infamous pair of fire-engine-red lips and protruding tongue. The band has set a standard for the mega-tour with Steels Wheels 1989, Urban Jungle 1990, Voodoo Lounge 1994, Bridges to Babylon 1997, and No Security 1999. Their powerful publishing catalogue and back masters of vintage rock'n'roll classics continues to generate millions of capital in royalties.

Brian Jones' vision of his Rollin' Stones would manifest into a nightmare for law enforcement all over the globe at the height of their infamy as a menacing force in popular music. The underground counterculture and flower power movements of the 1960s were in part empowered by the path lead by Jones. Rest peacefully Brian...."

by Timothy Tilghman ? 2002

I was such a kid when he died, I'd never even given death a second thought, so it hit me hard when I heard my favorite Stone had died.
    I wish I could wish "His Majesty Prince Jones" a happy 66th today!
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I hope you have good seats Johnny! I've never seen Bruce but I'd like to.
    He gives a great show from what I've always heard!
    Have fun!

I've been listening to CHEAPSHOT. An album made by a band that our fellow board member, Lungman, was in from 1977 to 1986. He played lap and pedal steel guitar.

The producer was a guy named Chris Darrow, founder of a seminal SoCal rock band in the sixties named Kaleidescope (once tauted by Jimmy Page as his favoite band) who also played fiddle and lead guitar on the album. Chris went on to become an early member of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. His son, Steven Darrow is Axl Rose's bass player and was a very good friend of Sandy West's. He played a few projects with her as well as with Cherie!

Steven at one time had the largest collection of Runaways memorabelia on the planet (which he has since sold) according to Chris.

Chris, being well known in SoCal music circles has collaborated with Kim Fowley.
    The piano player on the album (Jerry Waller) and the fiddle player (Max Budda) also did some projects with Fowley.

Anyway, this is a very good album featuring songs like Wooly Bully, Who Do You Love and the Tom Waits classic, Heart Of Saturday Night!

I had no idea Lungman had this interesting musical history but I was happy to find out and to hear this great music, so I'd like to thank the good doctor for sending it my way, for sure!
    THANKS DOC!!!

Happy listening folks!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So here is a winner on CD BABY for $20.00
    you get a 3 disc set with 57 cuts called Musicians for Minneapolis. It's charity disc where proceeds go to the victims families or survivors etc from the bridge collapse last year.
    I foound it through Steve Vai because he donated a track, most bands I did not know with the exception of Fishbone, Los Lobos, Les Claypool,
    Jason and the Scorchers and The Stray Cats.
    So to me it's a nice cause, and many different artists and genres that I may not have heard or the type of music I don't usually listen to.

So, it's real nice and a great cause.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    BBC: **** 's Angels Sought to Kill **** Jagger

LONDON (AP) ? Rolling Stones singer **** Jagger escaped an assassination plot hatched in 1969 by the Hells Angels, a new British Broadcasting Corp. documentary has claimed.

A program to be broadcast on BBC Radio 4 on Monday says the rock star was the target of the plot following a purported dispute with the motorcycle gang over concert security.

Jagger had vowed not to use Hells Angel members as bouncers following the death in December 1969 of an 18-year-old fan at a notorious free performance at Altamont Speedway in Northern California.

In return, gang members hatched a plan to kill Jagger at his holiday home in Long Island, New York, the BBC claimed.

"The Hells Angels were so angered by Jagger's treatment of them that they decided to kill him," Tom Mangold, the presenter of the program, was quoted as telling Britain's Sunday Telegraph newspaper.

He said the plan was disclosed during an interview with Mark Young, a former FBI officer, for the BBC's "The FBI at 100" documentary.

Mangold said the men tried to reach Jagger by sea. "The boat was hit by a storm and all of the men were thrown overboard," he was quoted as saying. They all survived but made no other attempt on his life, Mangold said.

It was not clear whether Jagger was ever informed of the alleged plot against him.

LD Communications, Jagger's publicists in Britain, did not immediately return calls requesting comment.

The Hells Angels have always denied any connection with the Altamont Speedway killing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the nod, Gus. Glad you enjoyed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

ShineALight2

"Shine A Light" is a Rolling Stones documentary that focuses on the two concerts from the group's current "A Bigger Bang" tour as well as historical and contemporary behind-the-scenes footage and interviews. A recent concert in Austin, Texas, was also filmed. All of "Shine A Light" was under the direction of Oscar winner Martin Scorsese.

STARRING: Keith Richards, M`ck Jagger, Bill Clinton, Ron Wood, Charlie Watts
    DIRECTOR: Martin Scorsese
    STUDIO: Paramount Vantage
    RATING: PG-13 (For language)

I am so looking forward to seeing this movie!
    Read all about it here:
    http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/movie...lingStones.php
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus