Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Lindsay Lohan is seeking inspiration from two major pop stars for her upcoming album, she tells PEOPLE in an exclusive interview.

"I want it to be dance," she tells PEOPLE. "I want it to be kind of Kylie Minogue-meets-Rihanna. I hope to tour with it and I hope to really promote it."

Asked if any of the tracks feature lyrics that refer her past year, including her several stints in rehab and family turmoil, Lohan said Thursday night at a photo exhibit at The Atelier in New York, "I'm not sure yet ? I don't know if I really want to.

"I think the past is the past and it should be kept there," Lohan added. "It's a new slate for me, and I want to show that in my new record."

But Lohan has already finished a few tracks. "I'm recording here in New York, and in L.A.," she said at Thursday?s party, sponsored by Snapple Antioxidant Water, which included shots from photographers including Gus Freedman and a silent auction with proceeds benefiting the American Red Cross. "I've already done three songs. I'm doing my third song in New York actually."

Lohan's first few tunes have already won rave reviews from her manager-mom Dina. "I've heard a couple of tracks," she told PEOPLE last month. "They were amazing!"

The star?s 14-year-old sister Ali is also hitting the studio to record an album ? but "she's younger, so it's a different vibe," says Lindsay.

Lohan also adds that she doesn't think it's odd her sister is following in her footsteps. "She's doing what I love to do, and she loves to do it too."

I have enjoyed Lindsay's music in the past, so I'll give this a listen, as well!

She has been a busy actress too, of late, starring in a movie about John Lennon's killer and now a movie about the Manson Girls!

I hope her crazy party days are behind her now!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe that Scarlet Johansen is bringing out an album of Tom Waits covers. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am a regular poster and now I have been asked to mod a new site Called All Music Forum.
    If anyone would like to visit, comment or post, it can be found HERE.

Hope to see ya over there.
    rog

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Originally posted by ellanoize 3/22/08:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Lawyers for the Beatles sued Friday to prevent the distribution of unreleased recordings purportedly made during Ringo Starr's first performance with the group in 1962.

The dispute between Apple Corps Ltd., the London company formed by the Beatles that helps guard their legacy, and Fuego Entertainment Inc. of Miami Lakes stems from recordings the Fab Four apparently made during a performance at the Star Club in Hamburg, Germany.

Eight unreleased tracks are said to be among the recordings, including Paul McCartney singing Hank Williams' "Lovesick Blues" and McCartney and John Lennon singing "Ask Me Why."

Apple Corps claims that the songs were taped without the consent of the band and that Fuego and sister companies Echo-Fuego Music Group LLC and Echo-Vista Inc. have no right to distribute them.
    Daily Access: Celebrity Eateries

"This appears to us to be a garden-variety bootleg recording," said Paul LiCalsi, an attorney for Apple Corps.

But Fuego Entertainment says the recordings were legally made. "Don't claim that these were just bootlegged," said Fuego president Hugo Cancio. "It's not like today, that you just go in with a phone or a blackberry and you record."

The lawsuit contends that the recordings are of poor quality and that circulating them "dilutes and tarnishes the extraordinarily valuable image associated with the Beatles."

Cancio said that he had not been served with a copy of the lawsuit, but that the filing demanding at least $15 million in damages was not expected.

"I'm surprised because up to a few weeks ago, we were in good-faith conversations with Apple," he said.

Also named in the lawsuit is Jeffrey Collins, a partner of Cancio who obtained the recordings. It's unclear how Collins obtained the recordings.

Cancio intended to release the songs as "Jammin' with The Beatles and Friends, Star Club, Hamburg, 1962."

"It's unfair to millions of Beatles fans not to allow this recording to be put out. The world deserves to hear these tracks," he said. "The fact is that we have it; they don't, and that is what's bothering them."

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope these recordings get released!
    I'd love to hear them!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Pete WAS a true Beatle once upon a time. That's true!
    I have all of his music in my Beatle collection and he is my MySpace friend too, so I do keep up on what he's doing!
    I wish he was coming to Arizona!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I AM IN LOVE WITH PIETA BROWN! I found this Cd by accident and I can't stop listening to it. She has a beautiful Haunting voice and with powerful Phrasing.
    Her voice reminds me of a mix of several different artist, like a pinch of Dylan, Some Rickie Lee Jones and add some Eddie Brickell and a dash of mello Patti Smith

You can hear some samples over at CD Universe

Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Here's a little FYI for all followers of the TRUE Beatle ...PETE BEST

best2

Pete Best and The Pete Best Band
    Spring Tour 2008

Thursday, May 8th- Club 54, Burlington, Ontario
    Friday, May 9th - Tralf Music Hall, Buffalo, NY
    Saturday, May 10th - Club 66 , Edgewood, MD
    Sunday, May 11th - Jammin' Java, Vienna, VA
    Wednesday, May 14th - School of Rock, S. Hackensack, NJ
    Thursday, May 15th - Jonathan's Restaurant, Ogunquit, ME
    Friday, May 16th - Point Breeze, Webster, MA
    Saturday, May 17th - Tupelo Music Hall, Londonderry, NH
    Sunday, May 18th - The Facktory, Liverpool, PA
    Tuesday, May 20th - Heartland Cafe, Chicago, IL
    Wednesday, May 21st- Radio Radio/Future Shock, Indianapolis, IN
    Thurs, Fri, Sat, May 22nd, 23rd, 24th - Abbey Road on The River, Louisville, KY
    Saturday, May 24th- Vclub , Huntington, WV
    Sunday, May 25th - Rhythm & Brews, Chattanooga, TN
    Wednesday, May 28th - Awful Arthur's, Roanoke, VA
    Thursday, May 29th - Rams Head, Annapolis, MD
    Friday, May 30th - The Kent Stage, Kent, OH
    Saturday, May 31st - Beatles BBQ at Blind Bay, Alexandria Bay, NY
    Sunday, June 1st - BB King Blues Club and Grill, New York, NY

More dates will be added...go to www.petebest.com for updated schedule and additional ticket information.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Event: ERIC BURDON AND WAR
    Where: LONDON'S ROYAL ALBERT HALL
    When: MONDAY APRIL 21 2008

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Legend, Eric Burdon (The Animals,
    "House of the Rising Sun," "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood")
    reunites with his proto-funk band, War
    ("Spill the Wine," "The World is a Ghetto," "Cisco Kid")
    for their first joint appearance in over 35 years.

This historic reunion of Eric Burdon with Lonnie
    Jordan and War is a once in a lifetime, must-see event.

Eric Burdon and the Animals were the second band from
    England in the early 1960's to score an international number one record,
    kick-starting what became known as British Invasion.

That electrified rendition of a standard folk song "House of the Rising Sun," inspired Bob Dylan and the creation of Folk-Rock, as well as countless young guitar players.

Burdon's hits from the mid-sixties ("Sky Pilot," "Monterey") pioneered the psychedelic San Francisco sound.

Again, as the tumultuous decade ended Burdon introduced the laid back Afro/Latin LA sound with a new band, the interracial - and provocatively named -
    War, spawning a career which produced dozens of distinctive jazz-tinged hits.

One of the most influential and greatest of British blues rock singers, Burdon's latest release, "Soul of a Man," takes the devastation of New Orleans and the
    Gulf as it's starting point, proving that the causes
    of blues - and the music itself - are alive and well in the 21st century.

I would give anything to be there!
    Please, if there is a God in heaven, let there be a DVD release!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to say that I don't really approve of tribute bands, but I broke my rule of ignoring them last night and went along with some friends to see a David Bowie tribute band called Tigers On Vaseline (probably my last big night out with friends and beer before daddyhood arrives to make me sensible). They were from my native city of Glasgow (Awright ya bunch of bams, this next wan's a song called 'Hing Ontae Yersel' so it is) and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Most of the material was from the 'Man Who Sold The World' to 'Diamond Dogs' period and it was obvious the band really loved the music they were playing. Pity they didn't quite look the part. The lead guitarist bore a striking resemblance to the father from 'Family Guy', while a friend described the Bowie impersonator as looking 'like a slightly overweight bricklayer with a bad red wig'. Still, nights out drinking with the mates, you can't beat them. Be a while before the next one, I imagine.

Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Roger Waters plays `Dark Side,' unleashes giant pig

Apr 28 04:00 AM US/Eastern
    By JAKE COYLE

roger waters older

RAW: Roger Waters Unleashes School Bus-Sized Inflated Pig at Coachella

INDIO, Calif. (AP) - Roger Waters brought Coachella to a close with an epic two-set performance that included playing all of "Dark Side of the Moon" and unleashing a giant inflated pig into the night sky.
    The 64-year-old Waters, the third headliner of the three-day music festival following Prince and Jack Johnson, performed an elaborate, almost retrospective concert Sunday featuring music from throughout Pink Floyd's catalog.

Old photographs of the band often flashed across the screen behind Waters and his current band, which played songs from "The Wall," "Wish You Were Here" and "Animals," among other Floyd albums. They also played "Dark Side" in its entirety, culminating with the album's iconic triangle prism rising above the stage.

But Waters' biggest prop was an in*****ble pig the size of a school bus that emerged while he played a version of "Pigs" from 1977's capitalism critique, "Animals."

The pig, which was led above the crowd from lines held on the ground, displayed the words "Don't be led to the slaughter" and a cartoon of Uncle Sam wielding two bloody cleavers. The other side read "Fear builds walls."

The underside of the pig simply read "Obama" with a checked ballot box alongside.

As Waters drew the song to a close, flame bursts exploded on the sides of the stage and the swine floated into the night sky. Waters said sadly and comically, "That's my pig."

The performance also included speaker towers placed around the outside of the crowd. Smoke machines funneled across the stage and over the audience, thickening the atmosphere