Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do think of the teens and grass?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New topic folks. I am a new parent with another coming etc. I was a teen in the 1970's when most kids I knew always a had a bag. Has anyone here tackled that subject yet with there kids? Or are there any young posters with a thought?

Me personaly, I "tok'd" for years had a blast etc and all that stuff. But if anyone were to ask I'd simply say, if you party a lot you may lose your academic drive and be bit lazy. Not only in goals but socially and athleticly.

Weed is not a gateway drug, people make choices but in the end it may contribute to wasting time and in turn wasting talent.

Heck life has turned out just fine for me but you know it could have been easier without creating my own roadblocks.

Enough Sunday Preaching, carry on.

Charlie

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats Charlie C~ [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

As for me, I too have toked many. many, many, in my day and I turned out ok. I think it was different back when I did it. Now it's harsher drugs and the saying is Crack Kills etc...

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I meant to write this also, yes I have spoken with my nieces and nephews about the drug issue and the booze issue. My husband is a recovering person from booze and drugs and he does talks on these issues in his groups etc.

**And just for the record, my husband gave me permission to write that he's a recovering person.

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Teens and GRASS? I think they should MOW it! Derrr!!

Hey, I am more worried about how early the kids are starting with SEX - ugh!

Sheri

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They grow up fast Sheri. yow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Don't get me started Charlie!

Kids get the government propaganda and the peer pressure.
    I say, give them the truth!

Hemp is illegal because, years ago, Dupont wanted to corner the rope market with their new nylon ropes. They put the Hemp Rope people out of business by lobbying against the demon weed!

We need to clean the slate and start over, but how???
    It makes no sense, in a free country, to have a war on something a citizen can grow in their own back yard.

Marijuana was almost decriminalized in the late 70's but then along came Nancy Reagon's Just Say No campaign. Every since then pot's been lumped together with dangerous drugs in their escalating big brother propaganda!

Because it's illegal, the same people deal it, who deal more dangerous drugs. It would not be a gateway drug, at all, if you just bought it at the store.
    What you CAN buy at the store is liquor, which is more dangerous than most illegal drugs.

Leaving other drugs out of it though, there is no comparison between marijuana and alcohol.
    One is pretty much safe, the other is pretty much dangerous!

If logic prevailed and only one "drug" were to be legal, it would have to be pot and not booze!

HEMP FOR VICTORY
    Gus

PS Congrats to you and the Mrs. Charlie! Another child on the way! That is so wonderful!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't disagree at all G man. It's about being responsible and knowing limitations.
    In may case I wasted a few years.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi charlie,

As a father of 2 teenagers and an 11yr old I've been lucky so for. Its something you never stop worrying about.
    I tried to stay active with the kids by coaching them in hockey and fastpitch softball, and my wife is a teacher who helps them with thier academics.

For me personally, I was a hard partier, it didn't effect my academics or atheletics when I was younger.

But,,,,It did effect me when I realized I had a young family that needed me as much as I needed them. I came from a broken home with an alcoholic father and I didnt want that for them.

So Charlie, I think if you stay active in thier lives, with school and sports,they'll have less of a chance to stray.With your back ground you should have a better idea of what to look for.

So enjoy them while thier young, because your in for a treat when thier teenagers....hehehe

I just have to keep my eye on that 11yr old

[img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] . I think she wants to be a rock star....hahaha

***Oh ,and a Jettster, I gave myself permission to give you a brief look into my past..most of it you might find hard to believe..hahaha

Congrats Charlie and good luck to you and yours.

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Gregg [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Personally I tend to think that one drug leads to another. Maybe not for everyone but for quite a few it does. And I speak from experience.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I used to smoke until I was 19 and stopped. That was okay then but now with the thc levels the way they are it is a potent drug now imo.

I feel it isn't safe to drive while stoned these days.

The biggest thing that bugs me are weed heads who live for it , spend all of their money on it and end up being useless twits.

For that reason alone i would not condone it for a teen. If someone is 18 years old or more it is their decision and not really up to anyone except to mention that you dislike it.

My daughter is 21 and has experimented with it and grew out of it.

She will be graduating from college soon and i wonder had she been a weed head had she dedicated her life to being a stoner and maybe would have dropped out of school after losing interest in it or something.

I think weed is more harmful than people think it is for teens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast