Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dawn, That su*cks that they lied to you and showed your face, But I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself, your son, and your community.
    To make a difference, we have to take control. If you have a camera, keep it handy, if you see anything take a photo. Talk to your neighbors, ask them to keep an eye on your place when you are gone & volunteer to keep an eye on thier place when they are gone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey All,

If anyone wants to see my mug click on to myfoxtoledo.com and click the "fear for there lives" and you will see me standing up for my community. I am tried of the no parent control on these kids in my neigborhood. I am a little upset because they said that they were not going to show my face. But I guess I will have to sit back and see if they decided to retailuate. And if they do I have to be strong enough to take it right. I will not be going to work tomorrow just because my son would have been here by himself and I didn't feel comfortable about that.
    Let me know if I look mad..
    Dawn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks ella,
    I am sure that it is going to get worse now that everyone knows it was me. Still very upset about that. I sat on my porch till 3am just waiting for something. I am working on block watch stuff now. It has gotten so bad that I had kids trying to call me out of my house to fight them and I was so mad I was going. My friends stopped me. But they stand a better chance to do something to my son and that is what I am scared about. I am a home owner and a victim in my house. I can't sell right now I am stuck. I went to a town hall meeting and told the Mayor it will become a problem when you arrest me. I also told him to do something now before I add to their problem and rent my house out too and we will be gone. Our town is growing extremely fast. The Bass Pro Shop will be opening up soon and it is farther out in Rossford. The town next to us is just as big and they have 21 police officers. We have 12 I think that is a problem. The Mayor doesn't, so I told him to walk my street with his grandchild and see if he feels safe. Basically the bottom line is right now not only did I just pi@@ed off the punks in my town I now have pi@@ed the Mayor off as well. Thanks for the advise ella I was on the phone most of the night getting everyone's support. I will keep you posted and please I need a lot of prayers...
    Dawn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's horrible the way situations like this can escalate so horribly. The same sort of thing is occurring all over the UK. A whole culture seems to have developed where people, especially kids, derive a sense of power by intimidation, and they don't care who their targets are. My mum and dad live in a block of retirement flats, populated mostly by people who need extra care. There is a shopping centre (mall) nearby which attracts bored kids who repeatedly amuse themselves by stealing the round glass shades from the lamps outside the centre. One night my mum heard loud shouting from the road outside. All she did was look out of her window, but this was enough to provoke one of the kids to throw the shade at the window. Fortunately it missed and smashed against the wall, but it was a frightening incident for my folks all the same. And what do you do, especially when they continually get away with behaving like that? If the police aren't doing anything about it - and the vandalism and aggression is blatant - then what good will phoning them do, especially if you're in your seventies? You just become a target. Of course, threatening behaviour is nothing new, but when I was a teenager I worried about myself being a victim - since when has it become acceptable for anyone of any age to be targeted? Good for you for sticking up for yourself and your community. I hope you get the right result.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks raintown... I really feel bad for your parents.. They shouldn't have to feel that way. Nor should those that live on my street. I'm fighting back and am not taking it anymore. The cops just left about 10 minutes ago for something on this street. I got heckled as I was gettin in to my car early. They do not scare me. But I am in fear for my child. The for sale sign went up two days ago but I don't think I will be able to sell right now. I have put a lot into this house but I would be willing to just get what I got it for just to get out.
    Thanks for the encouragement. And I will pray for your family as well.
    Dawn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Wow Dawn,
    This situation sounds ridiculous! Hang in there!
    I'd recommend packing heat but don't pull it out unless you really need to use it.
    Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6, if you know what I mean.
    The complaints you've registered and the news story (which I haven't had time to watch yet since I am a dial-upper) should serve as excellent evidence, in your favor.
    I don't think any jury, worth it's salt, would assume the punks were innocent anyway, not in this day and age and anti-social environment.

Keep us posted, on what is happening please!
    My thoughts and prayers are with you during this **** you are dealing with!

Your friend!
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

How are you holding up Dawny?!?!
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The same it is still bad. My husband was threaten last week by a kid that was maybe 16 if that. And same kid came back around calling me things I wouldn't call my worst enemy. And just found out that there is another town hall meeting and all these people found out about it and will be attending it. Guess what so will I..
    But other then that I am still smiling...
    Thanks for asking
    Dawn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Well wish me luck tonight. We have another town hall meeting and I am getting up and reading something that I wrote for the good in this neighborhood. I was told last Thursday that the ones causing the problems were suppose to be there. Call the media I'm sure I will be back on the news standing up for what is right. [img]cool.gif[/img] I will let you know what happens.
    Dawn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi dawn, i have a aunt that lives in menter,ohio, what is the deal with kids today anyway?, don't do any thing stupid think about your family ,let five-0 handle the punks. [img]graemlins/phone.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast