Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the advise E. But everything went well. Only a couple people came that cause problems and they didn't say anything to us. It is the Mayor that I am not likeing right now. I found out last night that the chief of the fire dept. is the mayor's brother. And they are getting a brand new fire truck. But we can't get more police officer's cause we don't have the funds. Does that sound right?
    Can't wait for election time.
    Thanks guys..
    Dawn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

When the going gets tough, the tough get going!
    I'm proud of you Dawny!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hey Dawn!
    You mentioned on your quotes topic that you were on TV again!
    What happened? This topic slipped onto page two so I brought it forward!
    Please keep us updated on the problem you are dealing with!
    [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Gus... I have been in three different papers as well as three different TV stations. If you go to myfoxtoledo.com and search the word Rossford you will see me sitting next to my Mother at the town hall meeting. But if you go to wtol.com and go to more news and scroll all the way down and you will see a story on Rossford curfew and you will see me as well. Posted before is a article in the Bowling green paper on pretty much what happen. I came to my sinces and knew that I could not act on this like them I had to take a different approach or it would be me that was arrested which is what I told the mayor. I will only become a problem when on of these punks gets beat up by a adult and trust me it as almost happened a few times. Not just with me and my husband but with other neighbors.

ROSSFORD - A curfew in the city had unanimous support at a Public Safety Committee meeting Monday night.
    The only question was how soon the new law could be imposed.
    The meeting was attended by more than a dozen residents, including three members of council not on the committee.
    At the urging of some council members, an ordinance setting times when people under 18 would have to be off the streets could be before city council as soon as July 14 when it holds its next regular meeting. Council also will hold a committee of the whole meeting next Monday, but that is to discuss the possibility of aligning with the Northwestern Water and Sewer District.
    Residents urged council to act on the curfew as soon as possible.
    "You need to address this as an immediate concern because we have a real problem on the tree streets," said Pamela Simenski, a Maple Street resident.
    Those living in the residential area near downtown came before council early in June to complain of vandalism, rowdiness and threatening behavior by groups of young people in the area known as "the tree streets."
    Dawn Russell, who has been one of the most outspoken of the residents, said that the youths direct "foul mouth" language at her and her husband "trying to have us get off the porch to have a confrontation with them."

But when the police are called, the troublemakers monitor police scanner calls and scatter before the cruiser can arrive.
    "These kids may be causing trouble, but they're not stupid," she said.
    While conceding a curfew wouldn't solve all the problems it would help, she said. "Ninety percent of the problem is parental control," Russell said. "I'm all in favor of the curfew as well as parents taking responsibility for their children because they're not."
    Acting Police Chief Todd ******* agreed that the curfew would put more pressure on parents."
    "I think it could act as a deterrent in a lot of cases," ******* said. Now if a police officer finds a youth out a 3 a.m., all he can do is talk to them, and they don't even have to stick around to listen.
    Now simply being out would be a violation. ******* said it would be a minor misdemeanor, the equivalent of a traffic ticket.
    Richards passed out material from Toledo which has a curfew. Toledo forbids people between the ages of 11 and 15 from being out without their parents from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. and those 16 and 17 from being out between midnight and 5 a.m.
    Exceptions are allowed for going back and forth to work, for "a lawful adult sponsored and supervised activity" or in the case of an emergency.
    Simenski, who ran for council in 2005, questioned whether the police had adequate manpower to enforce a curfew. "What would your response time be?" she asked several times.
    ******* said he could not give her a specific time. It would depend on the situation.
    Richards said that the meeting had been called to discuss a curfew. Other issues of concerns, including police staffing levels, equipment needs and dispatching would have to be discussed at another meeting.
    Councilman Richard Kovach, who was attending the meeting, said that there were prohibitions on disorderly conduct that could be invoked now, before any curfew was put in place.
    Richards suggested that the Toledo law could serve as a model for Rossford's ordinance. That would help expedite the process, and it would provide consistency between the laws in the neighboring municipalities.
    Richards said he plans to discuss the curfew with the superintendent of schools before the council meeting.
    A curfew was discussed back in the 1980s, he said, but was not enacted because of opposition from the public.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Way to go Dawny! If they drag their feet implementing that curfew, they should be impeached!

The safety of the citizens should be their prime imperative,
    for sure!

Stand your ground my friend!
    We are all with you, in spirit!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] : [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm thinking I have gotten my 15 minutes of fame. And I don't like it.. Go to www.13abc.com and go to: More Local News Stories and click on to Rossford Curfew meeting you will see me in North end Toledo head bobbing way of life... I'm thinking I finally got to them.. Watch and don't laugh to much. If you look at the bottom left hand of the screen when I am talking you will just see my husband's eyes. I told him that if he would have rolled his eyes once when I was talking I would have... Well you know what I would have done.
    See ya [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Dawn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We went thru that in our neighborhood. Dea helps, making the cops have to show up often enough to p*ss them off enough to do something worked too. Plus one well armed biker having a little chat with these wanna be gangsters help. Also Our puppie grew up into a 180# rottie helped too.Also once they realize that fact that you can beat a monor, it just may mean you have to sit in jail a weekend or a month,IF they can identify their attackers when they heal up can also help. ironic isnt it? Here we are the big bad rock and rollers and the next generation of little rockers are giving us some grief. wierd ,strange and ironic. But i dont think we went looking forpeople to harras or intimidate. I just listened to the runaways in my room on our farm in the country.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Once again, I wish I had high-speed, so I could see you in action Dawny!

You are a force to be reckoned, I'm sure!

Give 'em **** , my friend!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well they passed the curfew and it went in effect ASAP. And since then they have keyed my car and through a bunch of stuff all over it. So needless to say I am extremely !@##$% off.
    But hey what can I do.. I just need to sell or rent my house and get out of here.
    Not very happy right now.
    Dawn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

THAT is messed up Dawny! At least you can hold your head high, because you did what you could!

Where is the Equalizer when we need him?!?!
    Gus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast