Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

15 years ago the 51 day seige in Waco ended in a cataclysmic Firestorm that devoured the Branch Davidian Church and living quarters and gym.

waco ruby

80 people died at the end of the seige including a large number of small children who were in a buried bus shelter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IemPs...eature=related

YouTube - Waco - branch davidians - what really happened

And the victims of the Oklahoma City Bombing

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Day 1821 since "mission accomplished" was declared by the ******* !
    The U.S. death toll is now 4047.
    [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]
    Gus

Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I thought the following would lighten up this thread.... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

'Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle' creators take aim at the war on terror

Wednesday, April 23, 2008
    BY LISA ROSE

Star-Ledger Staff

Harold and Kumar2 poster

The comedy sequel "Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay" follows its stoner heroes on an outlandish journey from Hoboken to Cuba to Alabama to good ole Crawford, Texas.

Written and directed by Randolph natives Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg, the picture offers a blend of satire, slapstick and trippiness. The adventure may be set in the South, but the filmmakers still incorporate memories of growing up in Jersey.

The title characters get sent to Gitmo after they're accused of bringing a bomb onboard a flight to Amsterdam.

The detainees escape, but that's only the beginning of the **** ride. With a hapless Department of Homeland Security chief (Rob Corddry) on their tail, they head for Texas, where they hope Kumar's ex-girlfriend (Danneel Harris) and her wealthy fianc? (Eric Winter) can help them clear their names.

The first movie, directed by Danny Leiner ("Dude, Where's my Car?"), tallied an unspectacular $18 million at the box office but found its following as a video rental. The studio, New Line, belatedly gave the team the green light for episode two.
    The movie pushes the envelope with its surplus of sex, drugs and, er, more drugs. Yet the moment that made the suits nervous was a relatively tame scene in which the guys hang out with President Bush, played by an impersonator, James Adomian.

"There was a fear of having an impersonator in the film because if it's not done the right way, it could be a disaster," says Hurwitz.

"But for us, we love 'Naked Gun,' and a Queen Elizabeth impersonator is a huge part of the comedy at the end of that movie," says Schlossberg. "We treat Bush like a rebellious teenager. It was that concept mixed with the fact that we have an R rating so Bush can swear. That you cannot do on 'Saturday Night Live.'"

Lisa Rose may be reached at [email protected].

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

As the death toll rises, I have no desire to "lighten" things up here!

Day 1822 since "mission accomplished" was declared by the ******* !
    The U.S. death toll is now 4050.

[img]mad.gif[/img]
    GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    urt Nimmo
    Infowars
    April 24, 2008

Limbaugh "dreams" of violence on par with that in Chicago in 1968.

limbaugh drugs jail

It simply was not enough for neocon radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh to call for Republicans to vote for Hillary, supposedly as a hedge against Barack Obama. Now he is calling for riots in Denver during the DNC. ABC News in Denver reports:

Talk show host Rush Limbaugh is sparking controversy again after he made comments calling for riots in Denver during the Democratic National Convention this summer.

He said the riots would ensure a Democrat is not elected as president, and his listeners have a responsibility to make sure it happens.

?Riots in Denver, the Democrat Convention would see to it that we don?t elect Democrats,? Limbaugh said during Wednesday?s radio broadcast. He then went on to say that?s the best thing that could happen to the country.

In normal, non-Bushzarro times, Limbaugh would be arrested for inciting terrorism. But instead we live in times horrifically misshapen by a neocon reality ? a reality of mass murder, torture of children, and the wholesale trashing of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

After sane listeners ? and I am not sure how regular listeners of Limbaugh?s show would be considered sane ? called and complained about his comments, Limbaugh said: ?I am not inspiring or inciting riots, I am dreaming of riots in Denver.?

It would seem Mr. Limbaugh has shared notes with ?Re-create 68,? the COINTELPRO group that has vowed to make the convention in Denver more raucous and bloody than the Democratic Convention in Chicago, circa 1968. According to the Rocky Mountain News, the intel op masquerading as a grassroots activist group ?is expecting up to 50,000 protesters from across the country [and] plans to march from Civic Center to the Pepsi Center, where the convention will be held, on Aug. 24, even though a parade route or a security zone hasn?t been announced.?

Is it possible Limbaugh will be with them?

Rush Limbaugh needs to be arrested as a threat to the peace. I?m not holding my breath, however, as neocons seem to have a get out jail free card and rabble-rousers such as Limbaugh and Savage are free to call for the most outrageous things, including violence and mass arrest of dissidents for the crime of exercising their rights under the First Amendment, now almost completely dead in the water.

http://www.infowars.com/?p=1706

SR: Yeah El Rushbo lets all laugh when the Cops and National Guard gun down some Soccer Mom and her kids for failing to stop properly at a check point or guffaw when the Cops smash several demonstrators into a permanent brain damaged state

And I'm sure Rush will be safe and sound somewhere just like he was during the Vietnam War he was so hawkish about but a "unknown" medical problem prevented him from joining ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

tn no w
    <font color="red">_______peace_______</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pelosi: Clinton, Obama sharing the ticket not a good idea Fri Apr 25,

pelosi

WASHINGTON - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton shouldn't share the Democratic presidential ticket unless they really want to.

"No, I don't think it's a good idea," Pelosi said in an interview with CNN talk show host Larry King aired Thursday night.

"I think first of all the candidate, whoever he or she may be, should choose his or her own vice presidential candidate," said Pelosi, who will chair the Democratic National Convention in Denver in August. "I think that's appropriate. That's where you would see the comfort level on not only how to run, but how to govern the country.

"And there's plenty of talent to go around to draw upon for a good, strong ticket. I'm not one of those who thinks that's a good ticket."

But Pelosi added that if Clinton and Obama "think that it's a good ticket, maybe it is. But I don't think that we should thrust the vice presidential choice onto the presidential nominee. That's her or his decision to make."

Pelosi also said she agrees with Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean that the nomination should be settled before the national convention.

"I don't want a brokered convention. I think there's too short a time ? maybe just about eight weeks between the end of the convention and the election. And I don't think that's enough time to bring everyone together," Pelosi said.

"I do think that the campaigns have to work their way through this, that we should have all the elections, let the people speak and then we'll find out who our nominee is."

The last Democratic primaries are June 3 in Montana and South Dakota.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080425/...elosi_campaign

SR: Gee...I wish it was November already [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

U.S. Attack of Sadr City Leaves 800 Dead

Laith Jawad
    Azzaman
    April 23, 2008

gi caskets

U.S. occupation forces have killed more than 800 people, most of them innocent civilians, in their three-week long military campaign to subdue the Mahdi Army in Sadr City, the leader of Sadr movement in Baghdad said.

Sheikh Salaman al-fariji said the troops have also injured more than 1,800 people and caused large-scale destruction of private property and the city?s rickety infrastructure.

Fariji made the remarks as he accompanied a delegation of 20 members of parliament on a tour of the impoverished city home to more than 2 million people.

U.S. troops have imposed a tight embargo on the city and bombing by war planes and helicopter gun ships in the densely populated Baghdad neighborhood continued even during the MPs? tour.

Falah Shanshal, an MP, said the group would write to the parliament to lift the siege of Sadr City and reach a peaceful solution to the standoff with Mahdi Army.

Mahdi Army is the military wing of Sadr movement which has 30 deputies in parliament.

?The MPs were shocked by the scale of damage,? said Fariji.

Shanshal said: ?The people of Sadr City undergo horrific humanitarian conditions as a result of U.S. military operations and embargo.?

http://www.infowars.com/?p=1707

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

<marquee>WAR IS OVER.............................................. .................................if you want it! //-o\\</marquee>

[img]wink.gif[/img]
    GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cover Up of Veteran Suicide Rate

The Columbian
    April 26, 2008

homeless2

It almost always happens this way, doesn?t it? Some government official or agency gets mired in a scandal or foul-up and then turns cartwheels trying to hide the news. Ultimately, the attempted cover-up gets them in more trouble than the initial problem itself. (See: Richard M. Nixon and Watergate cover-up vs. Watergate burglary, 1972-1974.)

This pathetic dynamic is at play again this week with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, which misled Congress about the suicide rate of U.S. troops who served in Afghanistan and Iraq. Appropriately, Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., a member of the Veterans Affairs Committee, and committee chairman Sen. Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii, have called for the resignation of Ira Katz, the VA?s director of mental health.

As the result of a class-action suit in San Francisco against the VA, internal VA e-mails surfaced this week showing Katz and others attempting to hide the magnitude of the veterans? suicide problem.

This e-mail, dated Feb. 13 this year from Katz to VA Communications Director Ev Chasen, came in connection with a request by CBS News for an interview: ?Shh! Our suicide prevention coordinators are identifying about 1,000 suicide attempts per month among the veterans we see in our medical facilities. Is this something we should (carefully) address ourselves in some sort of release before someone stumbles on it??

Chasen answered: ?I think this is something we should discuss among ourselves, before issuing a release.?

Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, who also has been looking into the suicide issue, called the cover-up ?completely outrageous? and said the VA had previously reported that only 790 veterans under VA care had attempted suicide since 2007.

On April 3, Murray, who has long been looking out for veterans in numerous ways, was given the ?Silver Helmet Award? by AMVETs for her work to help veterans in Washington and across the country. It was well deserved.

It would be nice if Murray and others in Congress could concentrate on dealing with veteran-related problems without having first to fight their way through cover-ups of those problems.

WATCH ALEX JONES? ENDGAME ONLINE NOW in its entirety. View more High quality trailers at www.endgamethemovie.com

http://www.infowars.com/?p=1737

SR: Amazing isn't it ?

We send our Military People off with fanfare and pomp and promise them the world when victory is achieved but when it's all over they're treated no better than Foster Children.... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]