Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

howdy doody!

The new edition Radio Times Guide to Films is about to be published here in the UK. it's almost 2,000 pages and under the Actors' Index at the back our Cherie Bomb gets listed along with three films she has appeared in. May i, for your reading pleasure, give you the film synopsis' of Foxes, Parasite and Wavelength. A number of her films (Rosebud..., Rich Girl, etc) were never released over here so they don't get reviewed.

PARASITE *
    In a post-holocaust future, where paramilitary force and mutant punks clash continuously, scientist Robert Glaudini creates a parasitic monster that burrows into its victims and eats them from the inside. This is a crummy Aliens meets Mad Max exploitation movie, directed by straight-to-video maverick Charles Band, which wastes the talents of musical star Vivian Blaine, ex-Runaways singer Cherie Currie and fledgling superstar Demi Moore. Its one feature of note is that it cashed in on th eearly 8j0s 3-D revival frenzy and so audiences got to experience the slimy creature cut out of abomens at them with eye-straining effect. Without that gimmic, it's a worthless piece of junk.

WAVELENGTH **
    The title comes from Cherie Currie being able to mentally 'hear' the cries of aliens who were shut down and then imprisoned by the government in a secret desert facility. She enlists the aid of singer Robert Carradine and prospector Keenan Wynn to help her brake the visitors out before they're put under the knife. The three actors are very likeable in their roles, and the excellently creepy score by Tangerine Dream generates a decent amount of atmosphere. Somehwat slow, but the main problem is its low budget, which among other things results in the aliens being played by bald African-American children with no makeup.

FOXES***
    Ex-TV commerciald irector Adrian (Flashdance, Nine and a Half Weeks) Lynne made his feature film debut with this slick 1979 movie about four teenage girls and thier problems iwth life and men. A young Foster is Jeanie, th estraight arrow sorting out her friends, which include podgy, unloved Madge (Marilyn Kagan), compulsive liar Deirdre (Kandice Stroh), and abused hooker Annie (ex-Runaways band member Cherie Currie). Foster's Bugsy Malone co-star Scott Baio provides the male interest, but it's really one to watch for the girls, who al lovercome a clich?d script to give a good depiction of what it was like to be a teeanger at the end of the seventies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Annie, a hooker? I wouldn't say that is a very accurate review.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want to see Wavelength!! I've never heard of it before. I love low-budget. Reminds me of my checkbook.

Thanks, Gordie. Keep 'em coming, all the links and goodies, you're great.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

of course it's not bloody accurate. but at least it's a review and cherie does get mentioned in a Runaways context. don't worry - i'll try and dig up some other innaccurate reviews later.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Wavelength" is a MUST SEE...you will be amazed how much this flick seems to be an X-Files influence! And Cherie does a WONDERFUL job under what appears to be a mediocre- director.
    A CLASSIC!

Jordon

[This message has been edited by JordonJ (edited October 19, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry Gord, no offence was intended! Just that Annie is my favourite character in my favourite movie of all time!! Keep up the good work!

DeeJay

Gords where are more of those inaccurate reviews you were working on finding? Like to see one about Rich Girl. They will tell us Cherie was a drummer in that one maybe?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

izzyqueen, i've been much too busy and otherwise engaged to embark on this Rich Girl research work..but i'll bear it in my mind....

love and stretchmarks,

g

EllaNoise

Unfortunately I cant watch and enjoy the movie Foxes because its a little to close to reality for me, But I highly recommend Wavelength, I think its a solid story with very believable acting, It is a movie worthy of repeat viewings...I closed my eyes during the bedroom scene forums

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ February 23, 2002 07:54 PM: Message edited by: EllaNoise ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

No doubt about it, Cherie is a very talented actress! She should have won an oscar for her role as Annie in Foxes.
    I love both Wavelength and Rich Girl too. Hope to have any and all of her acting bits on video eventually.
    Ms.Currie = the quintessential movie star!!!
    [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]
    forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast