Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Facebook

Nothing personal against anyone who has been my friend on Facebook but I'm outa there!
    It's just NOT my cup of tea!

See ya here and elsewhere but not on Facebook!
    Later amigas and hombres!
    seeyalater small
    Gus
    C'mon over to California Paradise...a friendly hangout for Runaways fans!
    [URL]http://dangerville.ning.com/[/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Facebook

what didn't you like about it gus?
    On the planet sorrow, there is no tommorrow

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gus danger View Post

I absolutely LOATHE Facebook. I checked it out after getting numerous invitations to others' Facebook pages, but seriously.........what's the freakin' attraction with that site?
    What does it have that myspace doesn't have? I think myspace is WAY more advanced and fun....and as one of my friends mentioned (also a Facebook hater)...it seems like Facebook is a glorified text messaging service. Well, I'm not a techno person...I don't text message and don't really care to. The MAIN reason I was against joining in the first place was the fact that the print is SO DANG SMALL!!!! I'm not a spring chicken (I'm just a chicken)...lol....but even with my Dimestore Reading Glasses I was getting a headache.
    Then Facebook goes forth and claims ownership to all of a members content including photos, etc. Even if you have joined up and then quit the site, they claim ownership to use your material however they want to. That's just WRONG!!! WTF???? After protest from members they decided to change their policy and NOT claim ownership. However, I don't trust them. I am a fairly private person and dont' trust them ONE, LITTLE BIT.

Myspace ROCKS!!! I feel fairly comfortable on myspace. I mean, I know with the internet you are always putting yourself out there for everyone to see and nothing is private. But at least myspace doesn't all of a sudden change their policies on their members.

Facebook? No Freakin' Way Say I!!! lol Never. Nada. Even if myspace was to crumble I would not sign up for Facebook. And what a silly name....."Facebook".........

Can you tell I'm not a Facebook fan?

I had a myspace blog about this whole subject and had quite a few positive responses. I know we are in good company Gus.

I'm definitely with ya on this one.

xx
    Sue
    Music is balm for the soul and spirit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah Sue, all the apps on Facebook seem designed to occupy your time. You get a message, saying so and so said something about you, which arouses your curiosity, but if you want to find out what they said you have to say stuff about a bunch of other people first and the whole thing snowballs and that's just one example. I'm not looking for anything to occupy my time, senselessly. I don't use apps on MySpace either, btw.

Your point about the privacy, on Facebook, is well taken too! Don't believe them when they say they aren't claiming ownership. Here's a scoop for you! When I canceled my account I was informed that if I choose to return, all I have to do is log back in with my name and password. That means they still have all my information sitting there waiting.
    If that's not ownership, I don't know what is.

I signed up for Facebook over two years ago and never used it. I went back recently and gave it another try and decided I still don't like it.
    On the other hand, I never thought I'd like MySpace but I do! It's a great way to keep up on all my favorite artists. I love how the Bulletins and Friend Updates keep me informed on them and it's also a nice way to stay in touch with friends.

I will always prefer the idea of a message board, for the community of it.
    People with common interests all hanging out together, in one place, works best, in my opinion!

Not to mention BIG easily read print for those of us who use dime store spectacles! LOL!

To each his or her own though. If people like Facebook, more power to them!

GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't do apps on myspace, either.

And I agree, if anyone reading this uses Facebook and enjoys it, that's great!! I don't want to offend anyone and opinions are always respected. And yes, I so agree about message boards as a community. And this one ROCKS!!!

Now.....where did I put those Dimestore Reading glasses? *looking around*

Oh...haha...they are on my head! Ah, I miss those lost brain cells. LOL If you see one floating on by, please return it to me. *grin*

xx
    Sue
    Music is balm for the soul and spirit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

null 238287095 1242920820 thumb?ym0twSBDAzW33kIt's always fun to write about research that you can actually try out for yourself.
    Try this: Take a photo and upload it to Facebook, then after a day or so, note what the URL to the picture is (the actual photo, not the page on which the photo resides), and then delete it. Come back a month later and see if the link works. Chances are: It will.
    Facebook isn't alone here. Researchers at Cambridge University (so you know this is legit, people!) have found that nearly half of the social networking sites don't immediately delete pictures when a user requests they be removed. In general, photo-centric websites like Flickr were found to be better at quickly removing deleted photos upon request.
    Why do "deleted" photos stick around so long? The problem relates to the way data is stored on large websites: While your personal computer only keeps one copy of a file, large-scale services like Facebook rely on what are called content delivery networks to manage data and distribution. It's a complex system wherein data is copied to multiple intermediate devices, usually to speed up access to files when millions of people are trying to access the service simultaneously. (Yahoo! Tech is served by dozens of servers, for example.) But because changes aren't reflected across the CDN immediately, ghost copies of files tend to linger for days or weeks.
    In the case of Facebook, the company says data may hang around until the URL in question is reused, which is usually "after a short period of time." Though obviously that time can vary considerably.
    Of course, once a photo escapes from the walled garden of a social network like Facebook, the chances of deleting it permanently fall even further. Google's caching system is remarkably efficient at archiving copies of web content, long after it's removed from the web. Anyone who's ever used Google Image Search can likely tell you a story about clicking on a thumbnail image, only to find that the image has been deleted from the website in question -- yet the thumbnail remains on Google for months. And then there are services like the Wayback Machine, which copy entire websites for posterity, archiving data and pictures forever.
    The lesson: Those drunken party photos you don't want people to see? Simply don't upload them to the web, ever, because trying to delete them after you sober up is a tough proposition.
    No such thing as "deleted" on the Internet : Christopher Null : Yahoo! Tech

I thought that was interesting.

BTW, as I stated before "don't believe them when they say they aren't claiming ownership. When I canceled my account I was informed that if I choose to return, all I have to do is log back in with my name and password. That means they still have all my information sitting there waiting. If that's not ownership, I don't know what is."

I tried that. I logged back in and it was like I had never left, FYI.
    NOT too cool, imo!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use other Facebook accounts to track my location. I never use my page because you could get banned for that. To save precious time, you can use Buy Facebook Accounts in Bulk - Real & Active FB Accounts ⭐️⭐️⭐️ | Accfarm buy reliable facebook accounts at a good price

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In general, there are many different services to get likes and comments, you can search the Internet, I use them to work Buy Instagram Followers | From Only $0.99 - Viplikes to get live subscribers (which is not insignificant) and it brings in a new audience, I highly recommend trying. Definitely will not regret it!