Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pink Ribbon for Dawny

I'm sorry...I dont know what to say, this is to close to home for me!

As i'm wiping tears from my eyes, I have to tell you I've heard from Dawny!

She informed me she has breast cancer! The good news is that it looks like they may have caught it in time.

I'll try and keep you informed as I hear more news!

Gregg

Inactive Member janet schneider's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Pink Ribbon for Dawny

God Dawny i don't really no what to say but you'll be in my prayers sure hope they caught it in time. god bless you my friend!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for posting this Gregg. Please do keep us informed, if you hear anything more.
    My thoughts and prayers are going out to Dawny, right now and will continue
    until the "good news" about catching it on time is proven to be the case.

Hey Dawny, if you read this, hang tough girl!
    You are part of our family here and we all love you.
    xoxox
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard from Dawny this morning.
    She is scheduled for surgery on July 16th. to remove a mole and a lump that formed!

Gregg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face Re: Pink Ribbon for Dawny

Wow... I don't even know what to say anymore.. Last Thursday Gregg found me on facebook and asked me what was up me caught me at a bad time I guess, but yes it is what it is. But I will not let it change me. I believe I caught it in time. Ladies if you u do not do a breast check routinely please do. How this all started was I found a lump under my arm and I went to my year check up. They asked me if I had any changes in myself or pain in the last year. This lump that I found hurt. I wasn't going to say anything but I did. Thank God I did... They scheduled me for a mammogram because insurnace will not pay for it until I am 40 that is in 3 years... But because my doctor felt what I felt now my insurance is waking up. I really hate that.. Anyway I went for the mammogram and a ultrasound. The ultrasound found nothing but a over worked sweat gland. But my mammogram showed 7 spots behind my nipple (sorry guys to be talking about this) that were concerning and needed to be biopsyed. The biopsy came back incluesive. But I went to a pre op appointment and that doctor did a different biopsy and after of hours of waiting came back that a mole on my chest was skin cancer and that mole formed a lump on my breast which is also cancer. On July 16th they will remove the mole and lump and then go back in and biopsy behind my nipple to make sure that they got it all. Which I know they will. I will not lose sleep over this and I refuse to say why me... Why not me... I am on some pretty nasty medicine that is making me sick to my stomach but if it makes me better then I will keep taking it. But I know that I have hit my losest of lows but it will not break me. And the other day Cherie called me thanks to Gregg. And she couldn't have called me at a better time. I really mean it when I say that she is proof that Angels walk this earth because her encouraging words gave me the inspiration to battle this full trottle and I will win. I have been and always will be a survivor.... I have been told by my doctor that I caught this super early. So I am doing okay and I am going to come back 10 times stronger then I was. I promise... Thank all of you.... You have no idea what all this means to me.... I love all of you and I miss being on here. But I promise you I will start again I just want to get better and when I put on the inspirational quotes I really mean it. Thank you with all of my heart thank you and I will keep you posted.
    Love
    Dawn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I always loved your inspirational quotes Dawny but, as evidenced by your post today, YOU are an inspiration, even without the quotes!

I'm so glad Cherie called you. She has a wonderful way of lifting someone's spirits!

Please do keep us posted and keep the faith, my lovely friend!
    Gus
    C'mon over to California Paradise...a friendly hangout for Runaways fans!
    [URL]http://dangerville.ning.com/[/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dawn,
    Sorry to hear this. You've always been such a sweet person and an inspiration to others and I know you'll continue being one. The good news is that you found it early and didn't hesitate to have it checked out and that's very good. My mother did the same thing and made a full recovery seven years ago. Please keep us informed and our prayers go out to you and your family.

Mike
    Not all who wander are lost

Inactive Member The Canadian Wolverine's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dawny my familys prayers are with you, I have no doubt you
    will get through this, and move on. You are an inspiration
    to all of us.

God Bless Warren and family

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well hi everyone... And again I can not thank you enough. You have no idea how much power this has on someone. Today wasn't a great day for me. I have not been able to get rid of these headache since I went on this medicine to help me until my surgery. So they gave me a shot to counter act the headaches and it feels like I have been spinning in a chair all day. Not to mention I am sick to my stomach. I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone from the bottom of my heart.
    Thank you again
    love to u all
    Dawn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile Re: Pink Ribbon for Dawny

Just found this thread. Hope things are going much better for you dawny. Will be praying, for you, Funy thing is i just found the pink ribbon site a couple of days ago and started making it a habit of clicking on it so some woman somewhere will get a free mammogram. I just know you are going to be ok. We're behind you all the way! tim 52160

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast