Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Runaways Movie & Cherie's Book_the Latest Scoop!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink Re: The Runaways Movie & Cherie's Book_the Latest Scoop!

Yeash Sporty, March-Madness will never be the same again. Tea, Hee

Ya know, NYJettster came up with that for the book and the movie, NYJ is marvelous, simply marvelous:snickerpup:

And WE wish U were here too ya BASTAD
    :mooning::lol:

Hugzzz and wet sloppyzzz

Thezzz
    Love, to love ya baby!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Runaways Movie & Cherie's Book_the Latest Scoop!

There's something seriously wrong with you girls... I guess that's why I love all of you so much! Need to set up anudder day (or night) at the Cosmopolitan
    Not all who wander are lost

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Re: The Runaways Movie & Cherie's Book_the Latest Scoop!

2 Thumbz up:2thumbsup: ya BASTAD:mooning:

Cozmo is on speed - dial yuk, yuk, yuk
    :laffingassoff:

Hugzzz and wet sloppyzzz

Thezzz
    Love, to love ya baby!

Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Re: The Runaways Movie & Cherie's Book_the Latest Scoop!

Gus & Co: This was posted in todays NY POST from the Sundance Festival by Kyle Smith

3661262232 e4aa039327

The better movie by far is the very R-rated “The Runaways,” which features a couple of butch-femme makeout scenes between Stewart and Fanning that, despite their erotic power, don’t show a lot more than kissing and cuddling.

The two actresses are filmed almost entirely from the neck up in a swirling, psychedelic haze of drugs and lust. (The film is due for release in March, but “Welcome to the Rileys” hasn’t found a distributor yet, so it has no release date.)

Floria Sigismondi, the writer and director of “The Runaways,” told the LA Times that Fanning’s character, Runaways lead singer Cherie Currie, mentioned in her autobio that Jett was really good in bed. “I thought, I have to pry into that a bit,” she said. “It will cause an explosion in the film. Why not go there?”

As Jett, Stewart climbs the wall of a recording studio like a caged monkey. She trashes musical instruments, screaming at bandmates and manager.

But this is her on relatively good behavior. She spends the movie strutting around in black-leather studded bracelets and dog collars and leather trousers that are practically painted on. The movie might as well have been called “Rock Bitches in Heat” for its crazed, substance-fueled antics.

Stewart-as-Jett snorts coke, toys menacingly with a switchblade and, in the most memorable and mechanically triumphant scene in the movie, wee-wees on an enemy band’s guitar while standing up as it sits innocently in its guitar stand.

And in “The Runaways,” at least, which isn’t hugely commercial but should draw a decent-size audience, Stewart’s Joan Jett is actually the moral center of the film, a hardworking professional who derides Fanning’s Currie for not having artistic integrity and participating in sexually charged photo shoots.

“Publicize the music, not your crotch!” she screams at Fanning. So says the actress who takes a vial of drugs out of her crotch in one Sundance movie and offers lap dances in the other.

[email protected]

FULL ARTICLE LINK
    [B][URL=http://thepenguinrocks.ning.com/]FIND OUT HOW THE PENGUIN ROCKS[/URL][/B]

[B][url=http://www.monstermania.net/]BOYCOTT CHILLER THEATRE SUPPORT MONSTERMANIA !!! [/url][/B]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New videos have been posted on the Runaways movie site. They're a close up video of Cherie and Joan talking on stage at Sundance, an interview w/ Kristen and Dakota and Joan performing Cherry Bomb. Check 'em out at

The Runaways
    Not all who wander are lost

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink Re: The Runaways Movie & Cherie's Book_the Latest Scoop!

:CAT:

Awesome
    Beep, Beep, Toot, Toot, Honk, Honk<br />Tanks fer Nuttin, ya BASTADS...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Breaking News: Joan Jett lawsuit against Jackie Fox dismissed

Rock and Roll icon Joan Jett just had her lawsuit against a former band mate dismissed by a New York Judge. Jett and her record company, Blackheart Records filed a suit on Aug. 20, 2009 against the former bass guitar player for "The Runaways", Jackie Fox. Ms. Fox, whose real name is Jacqueline Fuchs, was the bass player for the all-girl band from 1975-1977.

The lawsuit stated: ?Plaintiff Joan Jett is a musician and performer and a founding member of the band "The Runaways." Defendant was a member of the Runaways from about December 1975 through June 1977. Plaintiffs are the owners of various trademarks in the name of "The Runaways" for use in connection with the sale of music, musical performances, and merchandise. The complaint alleges, inter alia, that defendant has claimed plaintiffs and their business partners are violating her rights and has threatened plaintiffs' business partners with legal action unless they discontinue their dealings with plaintiffs. It is alleged further that defendant has attempted to halt a film in production detailing the history of "The Runaways". Plaintiffs are all alleged to be New York residents. While acknowledging that defendant is a California resident...?

Essentially, Joan Jett felt that Jackie Fox was interfering with the making and release of "The Runaways" movie, so she filed suit to stop her from interfering. The judge, Peter Sherwood, cited in favor of Fuchs motion to dismiss the case based on the fact that there is no ?personal jurisdiction? for her in New York. Fuchs has lived in California for many years and said she had not visited New York since 2005.

Jacqueline Fuchs is an entertainment attorney in Los Angeles and she writes for Examiner.com as the L.A. Cat Care Examiner. Fuchs gave this statement to the National Generation X Examiner exclusively:

"I'm sorry Joan didn't feel she could speak to me directly. I know that Joan is as dedicated as I am to animal welfare and I'd much rather we had worked out our differences and given the money we instead spent on legal fees to the LA SPCA, The Humane Society of the United States, or one of the many other excellent organizations devoted to improving the lives of companion animals."

Joan Jett, Jackie Fox (aka Fuchs), Lita Ford, Cherie Currie and the late Sandy West made up one of the first all female rock bands in America, "The Runaways". All the girls were under the age of 18 and though they had only limited success in the U.S., they were hugely popular in Japan. The Runaways music has been cited by other female artists as having influenced and inspired them in their careers.

The Runaways movie starring Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning is scheduled for release on March 19, 2010.

Breaking News: Joan Jett lawsuit against Jackie Fox dismissed

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess they should have filed in California but then the movie is finished and the release date is set, so it's a done deal. Jackie should have opted in, when she was asked to participate, instead of trying to stop the movie from being made.

Long Live The Runaways!
    :2thumbsup:
    Gus
    C'mon over to California Paradise...a friendly hangout for Runaways fans!
    [URL]http://dangerville.ning.com/[/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another early screening to precede the March 19th world premiere!

Women With Vision 2010 Showing The Runaways Saturday, March 13th in Minneapolis, MN
    7:30 pm
    Walker Art Center Cinema

?We shared the dream of girls playing rock and roll.??Joan Jett

One of rock?s quintessential girl groups, the Runaways exploded onto the scene in the mid-seventies, playing hits such as ?Cherry Bomb? to huge audiences around the world. Based on vocalist Cherie Currie?s shocking book Neon Angel, this film chronicles the band?s brief rise to fame and all that came with it. In her debut feature, Sigismondi?best known for photography and music videos for Marilyn Manson, David Bowie, and Bj?rk?enlisted Dakota Fanning for the role of Cherie Currie and Kristen Stewart for Joan Jett. 2010, 35mm, 105 minutes.

Women with Vision is made possible by generous support from Elizabeth Redleaf. Additional support provided by the Women?s Foundation of Minnesota.

http://calendar.walkerart.org/event.wac?id=5540

I wish I lived in the area, for sure!
    :2thumbsup:
    Gus
    C'mon over to California Paradise...a friendly hangout for Runaways fans!
    [URL]http://dangerville.ning.com/[/URL]

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Re: The Runaways Movie & Cherie's Book_the Latest Scoop!

From what I'm reading March 17th St Paddy's Day, the RUNAWAYS premeire here in NYC. It's what I read, if it's true great:2thumbsup: if Not:mooning::laffingassoff:

Either way I'm off
    :snickerpup:
    Beep, Beep, Toot, Toot, Honk, Honk<br />Tanks fer Nuttin, ya BASTADS...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast