Thread: Reflections On A Decade Passed....

Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reflections On A Decade Passed....

December 31st, 2009 will mark the end of our current year and the advent of another decade in the young 21st Century.....

This decade has been one filled with turmoil, the violation of American Territory on 9/11 by a Foreign Enemy since the Japanese invasion and occupation of Attu and Kiska during WW2 (Where SR's Father served with the USAAF), Two Presidents who seem to be one and the same with their inane foreign, economic, and domestic policies, numerous Political and Celebrity Scandals, and many other newsworthy events too numerous to mention....

john hughes1

John Hughes

The decade also saw the passing of many notable figures such as John Hughes, the filmaker who made the 1980's Memorable with his celebration of youth and individual freedom with THE BREAKFAST CLUB, FERRIS BUELLER, AND PRETTY IN PINK, Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, and Richard Widmark to name a few.....

However several people on this board were also affected by losses.....

Gus Danger who lost his Father this year,

Southwest Ranger who lost his Dad this year as well 3 days after John Hughes....

We Board Members lost Rocketmaster....

sandy west

And Cherie Currie who lost one of her dearest friends and Bandmate, Sandy West....

These four were a part of our respective lives and will be missed....

Looking Forward

However 2010 promises to a year of promise and new hopes and directions.....

Cherie's RUNAWAYS Movie will be debuting on 3/19/10 which runs close to the start of Spring which is also a time of rebirth and growth. The attention of the Media and General Public will start to focus upon this board and its members and we must make the extra effort to make a Great Board into a Greater Board....

I hereby declare that SR will do his part by acting a little more responsibly in his posts and threads as not to cast any questionable images that might show Cherie and this Board in a bad light...

Cherie,Gus, and the rest of you wonderful people here,I just want to apologise to all of you for tending to turn the OT section of the Forums into my personal blogging area...I know some of my posts have been off the wall and extreme but since my Father's passing this August, I've taken time to reflect on most of my actions and will strive to do better.

Thanks for putting up with me for so long and allowing me to become part of one of the finest boards dedicated to one of the finest ladies in R&R...It really means a lot to me and we are the makings of a fine team....

A PERSONAL REQUEST TO THE MEMBERS OF THE RUNAWAYS

As all of the fans of The Runaways know, a state of conflict exists between Joan, Cherie, Lita, Jackie, and the rest....

I personally don't know how this all started and I really don't care who is wrong and who is right in this intercine matter. I feel it its diluting the legacy of one of Rock's greatest Female Bands. It is counterproductive, hurtful, and stifles the creative energies of all ladies involved....

I personally suggest that all the former members pick up a copy of Barbara Tuchman's THE GUNS OF AUGUST which illustrates how the ruling heads of Europe allowed their past grudges, infighting, and intrigues lead to one of the 20th Centuries Most Destructive Conflicts (WORLD WAR ONE) that destroyed the best and brightest of their respective generations, led to the conflicts that rage today, and effects are still being felt to this day....

We as RUNAWAYS/Cherie fans should practice what President Woodrow Wilson and America should've done by being Neutral in this conflict and call upon all the girls to...

FORGIVE
    FORGET
    MOVE ON

Especially to honor the memory of Sandy West....

SOME FINAL THOUGHTS

So as the Holidays are now upon us and the New Year is about to make its debut, we owe it to our Quarterback Gus and our Coach Cherie to come together as a team and deliver a touchdown to make Cherie's film a success and continue the Legacy of The Runaways

Lets start bugging our local Radio Stations to play Runaways songs and demand Music Stores stock more CDS from the ladies....

Educate younger Rockers about The Runaways and Cherie. When you see some kids about to grab a Madonna or Lady Gaga CD, stop them and tell them to check out The Runaways....

Call up Programmes like George Noory's Coast To Coast AM to feature more Joan/Cherie/Runaways tunes as part of the bumper music sections.....

And fax, write, email the RRHOF to demand that The Runaways be inducted asap !

C'mon people we can do it and Cherie's counting on you to do it. Not just to make her Film a success but to preserve the music and soul of The Runaways....

As one of Great Britian's greatest Prime Ministers, Statesmen, and my Brother Freemason Winston Churchill said .....

SirWinstonChurchill

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, GIVE UP

and

LET US GO FORWARD TOGETHER
    [B][URL=http://thepenguinrocks.ning.com/]FIND OUT HOW THE PENGUIN ROCKS[/URL][/B]

[B][url=http://www.monstermania.net/]BOYCOTT CHILLER THEATRE SUPPORT MONSTERMANIA !!! [/url][/B]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Reflections On A Decade Passed....

That was a remarkable post Jim! Thanks for caring and sharing your insight.
    Now if Hostboard would just FIX this system, we would be ready for 2010, for sure!
    I would think a year of preparation and another year of swiching over would be plenty of time. Maybe I'm missing something and there are higher priorities but this board is a shell of it's former self. It runs as slow as frozen syrup and all but a few Cherie Peeps have moved on!

I haven't given up all hope yet but I'm getting there. If it wasn't for the archives, which are filled with all the great threads from yesteryear, I'd suggest we all move to a system, where everything works right.

We'll see what happens. Maybe we'll see some improvement as the new decade gets rolling!

One thing I know for sure is that Cherie deserves nothing but the best!
    More later,
    :lollipop:
    Gus
    C'mon over to California Paradise...a friendly hangout for Runaways fans!
    [URL]http://dangerville.ning.com/[/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

TY Gus.....We'll always stand by Cherie no matter what happens.....

And we're ready to lend a hand if she's in a tight fix....

Looking back on this past decade reminds me of the final scene in the movie The Devil's Brigade when William Holden is radioing in to Caroll O'Connor about the status of the Brigade's assault on Monte La Difensa....Holden playing Colonel William T. Frederick tells O'Connor that the operation was a success but at a cost of a number of the Brigade's most memorable and beloved members....

William Holden 1  html m1e20727d

Holden states:"They say you find what something is worth when you pay for it."

We like the members of that Movie's Military unit came through this decade after overcoming many obstacles and hazards but lost some of the people we loved and friendships we've enjoyed such as Sandy, Rocketmaster. My Dad and Yours....

Plus many of people we knew and worked with on 9/11/01....

However it is up to us to make sure their legacy lives on and keep striving towards the future for the final outcome....

God Bless You All....
    [B][URL=http://thepenguinrocks.ning.com/]FIND OUT HOW THE PENGUIN ROCKS[/URL][/B]

[B][url=http://www.monstermania.net/]BOYCOTT CHILLER THEATRE SUPPORT MONSTERMANIA !!! [/url][/B]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well said Jimmers and to celebrate you're picking up the first round at Jon & Peter's Pub during the New Years Day BKFAST !

Gus, Another thing I'd like to suggest to help things along are these....

- Cherie should come on this board to do a weekly pep talk and lay out her plans on how we as her fans can expedite the promotion of spreading the good publicity about her upcoming Movie and Book Release....

- Encourage Cherie & Joan to keep trying to make peace with Lita and other Dissident members of The Runaways to offset any possible attempts by Lita and others to discredit and deride Cherie's Movie as a self promotion charade. Remember Lita is doing anything and everything to make wine out of sour grapes and Cherie can derail her by playing the omnipresent peacekeeper...

- If Cherie is planning to do TV/Radio Talk Show Appearances, We'd like to see an advanced schedule so the fans in those areas can help set things up, promote the gigs, and possibly act as backups to provide transportation/Hotel Reservations just in case the Limo's fail to show up and/or the Hotel "loses" her Rez....

- Start a incentive contest where the present members can help bring more folks to this website. The member that brings in the most wins an autographed copy of Cherie's Book, Movie Tix, and Possibly Lunch/Dinner with Cherie !

- Get folks that do Horror/Sci Fi/Rock Shows (Not Chiller) to have Cherie appear as a Guest throughout the year....

- Make the members here call into their local Rock Radio Shows in your areas to demand that more Cherie/Runaways tunes be placed on their playlists....

Remember Cherie is our CO and Gus is the XO and we need to hang together like a Professional Military Unit to accomplish the objective in making Cherie's name one to remember in 2010 !(Dang my PA NG Training is coming back to haunt me !)

And lets make the best impression possible to show everyone out there that Cherie/Runaways fans are the best in R&R...
    [B]:cool:[/B]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Re: Reflections On A Decade Passed....

Another thing is this....

It's too bad that Cherie, Gus, and the rest of the fanbase can't meet somewhere like a rented conference room in a Hotel/Motel and have a General Meeting over some Pizza's/Chinese Food/Mexican Food and go over a general strategy like S6 suggested...

Cherie could go over what she plans to do to help with THE RUNAWAYS Movie and possible Book Signing gigs/Talk Show Appearances/Radio Station Guestings and take suggestions from her fans here....

BTW speaking of Talk Shows folks....Someone shot me the contact FYI for Oprah .....

oprah20winfrey20couretesy20harpo

Don't you want Cherie to appear on Oprah and hear Miz Winfrey speak these magic words to her many millions of viewers?....

Oprah: Friends, I just read Cherie's Book and saw her Movie and all I can say is this....They're Great !

E-MAIL THE PRODUCERS
    Do you have a great idea for a show? Is there a topic you feel passionately about? Or a person you'd like to see Oprah interview? The producers of The Oprah Winfrey Show want to hear from you! Please fill out the form below, type your message and click "Submit" when you are finished. We look forward to reading your e-mail!

Suggest A Guest For Oprah

And lets flood them with requests for Cherie to appear...

Also lets shoot THE VIEW some requests for a Cherie appearance....

view20

CONTACT THE VIEW

I'm sure Cherie would get along famously with Whoopi, Barbara, and Joy. However Liz Hasselbeck might throw a tantrum when she hears Cherie blasting George W....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestRanger View Post
    Don't you want Cherie to appear on Oprah and hear Miz Winfrey speak these magic words to her many millions of viewers?....

Oprah: Friends, I just read Cherie's Book and saw her Movie and all I can say is this....They're Great !
    I guess I need to be more careful when I read one of your "posts" because I thought you were saying Oprah had already read the book and seen the movie.
    A little more attention to the written word, instead of the superfluous photos, mght have kept me from bringing up the subject in the chat room and/or googling Oprah, more than I'd care to admit.
    If you hadn't posted the exact same thing on the Runaways site, today, I'd still be under the impression that you were privy to some exclusive information.

Oh well....live & learn!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well Gus we can all fantasize since Oprah does influence a lot of folks in her audience...

One time she was sitting at a table during one of her shows and enjoying a yummy looking Ice Cream Sundae and raving about the place in Chicago where she obtained it from....

Needless to say, said place on Clark Street was flooded with Customers and recieved tons of Phone Calls and Faxes requesting orders and wondering if they did fill orders to be shipped across the USA...

Now the Ice Cream Parlour has expanded to several locations across Chicago Land and into Oak Park and even Gary, Indiana....Thanks to Oprah's enjoyment of their Ice Cream !

Lets hope Cherie goes on Oprah and enjoys the same....

BWBook

Cherie sez: Get Me on Oprah Loyal Fans !!!

Hey if Jake accompanies his Mom on the show and is allowed to perform a few tunes with Cherie, hell he may even pick up a recording contract !

So c'mon fellow Cherie/Runaways Fans, get cracking with those messages to Oprah's Staff and if we're lucky Joan may suprise us with a visit along with Cherie...