Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Cherie on tv

Well dang it i tried to post it ya'll check out fox news entertainment section.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll have to do some FOX searching this weekend Janet. Was she on one of their shows or was it a "news" blurb?
    Thanks for trying. Not sure how that embedded stuff works here. I know YouTube does but other stuff??? We'll see what happens.
    If I find it, I'll just put a link here.
    Have a great day!
    :coffeedrinker:
    Gus
    C'mon over to California Paradise...a friendly hangout for Runaways fans!
    [URL]http://dangerville.ning.com/[/URL]

Inactive Member janet schneider's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Gus i was able to post that to my space friends if you would go there and post a link for our friends here that's not on my space sorry baby i don't no how to do that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Joan Jett has advice for Lady GagaBy Jeffrey Slonim, PEOPLE.comMarch 19, 2010 6:12 p.m. EDT

Lady Gaga is in the middle of a major tour.STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    Lady Gaga almost collapsed on stage during her tour

Former Runaways Joan Jett, Cherie Currie tell her to take things easy

Steven Van Zandt encourages her to hydrate
    (PEOPLE.com) -- If there's anyone who could give sage advice to Lady Gaga, whose over-the-top outfits and performances seem to be wearing her down, it's veteran rockers Joan Jett and Steven Van Zandt.

And though times may have changed, they have some tips for the pop star after her recent near collapse onstage in New Zealand.

"I'll tell you, the Runaways, when we started, we didn't have this sort of craziness around us. Really the only time when there was insanity, as far as the press goes, was Japan ... it wasn't a 24-hour media world at that point," Jett told PEOPLE at the Tommy Hilfiger-sponsored New York premiere of "The Runaways," which portrays the ascent of Jett and Cherie Currie to rock icons.

"I think it's very difficult if you had to be dealing with this all the time. It's tough to incubate and do the work you need to do with people in your face."

Video: Lady Gaga gets sued RELATED TOPICS
    Lady GaGa
    Joan Jett
    Steve Van Zandt
    Music
    Currie's concern for Lady Gaga, who she believes is "very good," is less about media and more about managing expectations and staying sober.

"You know you have got to try to keep your wits about you," Currie, who served as a drug counselor after leaving the Runaways, said. "There is so much expected from you. But try to limit yourself to just two ... as long as it is in drinking form, just two [drinks]."

Also on hand was and talking about drinking was Van Zandt, of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band.

"My first advice would be to hydrate," he said. "Drink more water. You do need to drink a lot of water onstage. We also have a substance that we drink during a show that has electrolytes. But I think, she really seems to have a good grip on celebrity, not talking it particularly seriously."

Her little monsters would agree.

See the full article at PEOPLE.com.

? 2010 People and Time Inc. All rights reserved.

Another piece on our girl.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another story on our girls.

The Real Runaways: Still Rockin' 30 Years Later
    By Marisa Laudadio

Sunday March 21, 2010 01:15 PM EDT

Joann Jett, Cherie Currie and Lita Ford

Dave Allocca/Startraks; Jemal Countess/Getty; Bobby Bank/WireImage
    FacebookTwitterYahoo BuzzE-mailThe Runaways, the biopic about the groundbreaking all-girl rock band starring Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart, just opened this weekend ? and PEOPLE caught up with real-life members to catch up on their lives 30 years after their split.

Best known for hits like "Cherry Bomb" and "Queens of Noise" and controversy-courting style in the days when rock music was dominated by men, the band became an international sensation, inspiring countless artists who followed.

"People would say, 'Girls can't play rock 'n' roll,' because socially, rock 'n' roll is sexual and that was threatening to a wide majority of people," says Joan Jett, who was 16 when she co-founded The Runaways.

Adds Lita Ford: "We were before our time. Lady Gaga, Beyonc? ? even though they're not [musically] like us, we led the path for a lot of women in the industry."

Here's what happened after The Runaways' cut ties in 1979:

Guitarist/Singer Joan Jett

After famously being turned down as a solo artist by 23 labels, Jett formed her own Blackheart Records in 1980 and churned out hit after hit including "I Love Rock 'N' Roll," "Crimson and Clover" and "Bad Reputation." Now, more than 20 albums later ? including her new greatest-hits CD ? she's also acted in films (like Light of Day with Michael J. Fox), TV shows (Walker, Texas Ranger with Chuck Norris) and on Broadway (The Rocky Horror Show).

Jett, who's single and a vegetarian, likes to unwind at her beach house in Long Island, N.Y., with cop shows, her guitar, and cats Greta, Stephanie and Dion. The Runaways' legacy, Jett, 51, tells PEOPLE, is simple: "It's about sticking to your dreams. Walk your own way and don't let other people dictate your path."

Guitarist Lita Ford

Post-Runaways, Ford, 51, went solo and enjoyed a reign in the '80s as the queen of metal, earning hits like "Kiss Me Deadly" and "Close My Eyes Forever" with Ozzy Osbourne. She married Nitro singer Jim Gillette, 42, after dating for just two weeks in the '90s and decided to put her career on hold for more than a decade so she could homeschool their sons James, 12, and Rocco, 8, at their island home in the British West Indies.

She returned to the spotlight in 2009 with a new album, Wicked Wonderland ? and no regrets. "You can't do interviews while you're trying to teach pages of multiplication, you know?" says Ford, who brings her boys on the road now that they're old enough to appreciate learning about new cultures first-hand. "Rocco visited three [European] countries on his last birthday," says Ford, who's developing a reality show. "How much more educational can you get?"

Singer Cherie Currie

Lead singer Currie, 50, penned the new book Neon Angel: A Memoir of a Runaway on which The Runaways is based. After leaving halfway through the band's run, she pursued acting (she co-starred with Jodie Foster in Foxes and Demi Moore in Parasite), conquered a cocaine addiction (she's now sober) and became a drug counselor and personal trainer before marrying Airplane! star Robert Hays, with whom she has a son Jake, 19, a tattoo artist.

After they divorced (she calls him "the best ex-husband in the world"), Currie reinvented herself again by learning a dangerous new craft: chainsaw carving. "Creating art is very personal," she tells PEOPLE. "There are only three things out there: the wood, the saw and me. I just love it."

Bassists Micki Steele, Jackie Fox and Vicki Blue

The Runaways' first bassist, Michael Steele (aka Micki Steele), 54, left after just a few months and in 1983 joined another all-girl group: The Bangles. Then came Jacqueline Fuchs (stage name: Jackie Fox), 50, now an entertainment attorney with a degree from Harvard Law School who also writes an L.A. cat care column for Examiner.com.

Victory Tischler-Blue (aka Vicki Blue) joined the Runaways after Fox left and the two later became friends when Tischler-Blue, a longtime TV producer and director, made the 2004 documentary ********: A Film About The Runaways. Later this year, Tischler-Blue, 50, who raises Andalusian horses on her Palm Springs farm, will release a photography book featuring the animals, Pura Raza Testosterone. Says the producer: "Being in The Runaways just opened up a whole new world for me."

Drummer Sandy West

Sandy West (real name: Sandy Pesavento), who co-founded the band with Jett, died in 2006 at age 47 after a long battle with lung and brain cancer, which followed an even longer struggle with addiction and the law. Despite her struggles, she had a reputation for being a loyal friend and, says sister Ellen Pesavento, a professional violinist, "was the most genuine well-meaning person."

Adds Currie: "She was just a beautiful, beautiful human being who also had problems. Ever since The Runaways broke up, she just couldn't find her footing. She was just the greatest friend you could ever hope for and it will never be the same without her."

For more on Jett, Ford and Currie's lives since the Runaways, check out the new issue of PEOPLE, on stands now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Janet, what is the date of the People Magazine with all this stuff.
    I looked through the one on stands now and don't find any Runaways articles.

Also I couldn't find the Fox TV deal. I'm sure it's one of the many links showing up somewhere but so far no luck!

These articles are cool. People were asking about the People magazine on California Paradise, so I might share this stuff over there!
    Thanks Home Girl!
    TTYL
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From what i heard the people magazine is on stands right now i posted the fox news piece on face book too

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gus maybe you should change the topic instead of Cherie on tv i keep finding these articles.

Mar
    1:00pm
    The Real-Life Runways' Menagerie: Cats, Dogs, Horses and Hamsters!Celebrities

Peter Yang
    More than 30 years after their band split up, the real Runaways are still making noise ? and so are their pets.

Cats, dogs, horses and even a hamster have joined the families of the former members of the groundbreaking all-girl rock band.

While rhythm guitarist (and later singer) Joan Jett shares her Long Island, N.Y., beach home with three cats ? Greta, Stephanie and Dion ? lead guitarist Lita Ford and singer Cherie Currie say their lives wouldn't be complete without their dogs.

Lita Ford
    Ford gets a kick out of her two Chihuahuas, Rascal and Churro, especially when they bark at their reflections in the windows of the island home she shares with husband Jim Gillette and sons James, 12, and Rocco, 8, in the British West Indies. "They're so funny, like 'Yeah, I'm tough, I'm cool, I can kill you,' " Ford laughs.

The Chihuahuas, now almost 3 years old and weighing in at 4 lbs. each, joined the family after the mother-and-son Dachshunds they had for 17 years passed away. "My wiener dogs, they were like my mascots," says Ford, whose family also has a hamster named Taco.

"I was absolutely heartbroken and then I saw this little Chihuahua puppy and I'd heard how cool they are. People are always baggin' on them because they're so little, but I tell you what," she says, "they've got the coolest personalities. They are wonderful little dogs, and they're really easy to travel with."

Cherie Currie
    Currie adores her Pomeranian-mix puppy, Kaylee, whom she adopted during The Runaways movie shoot in 2009 (the film is based on her new book Neon Angel: A Memoir of a Runaway). But sometimes Kaylee's curiosity gets the best of her.

"She just got skunked in my back yard?squirt in the face," says Currie with a chuckle. "But she's the most loving, most exceptional little being."

Kaylee helped Currie move past the death of her previous Pomeranian mix, Katie, who struggled with liver problems. "They say [Kaylee] had been in the pound for two months and she had had a cough so they kept putting her in the hospital section and people never got to see her," says Currie, who's now a chainsaw artist. "I'm just in love with her."

Jackie Fox and Vicki Blue
    Two of the band's former bass players are also animal lovers. Jacqueline Fuchs (stage name: Jackie Fox), now an attorney, is the L.A. cat-care columnist for Examiner.com.

And bassist-turned-TV-producer Victory Tischler-Blue raises Andalusian horses on her Palm Springs farm. "I've had horses my whole life, and Andalusians are incredibly beautiful," she says. "After seeing Bo Derek in 10 and realizing she had Andalusians, I got into them." Tischler-Blue plans to release a photography book featuring the animals, Pura Raza Testosterone, later this year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by janet schneider View Post
    From what i heard the people magazine is on stands right now i posted the fox news piece on face book too

Is that the double issue Janet? I thought I looked at every page, standing right in the store and didn't find anything. I couldn't believe they wanted $5.00 for it.
    Are these articles, we've been seeing, from the same issue you have?

I told Samy, I'd try to find the issue and scan it but if these are the articles, I guess that won't be necessary!

I'll change the topic title to THESE DAYS with CHERIE CURRIE and sticky top it for you!
    Thanks for caring and sharing my friend!!!
    :2thumbsup:
    Gus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast