Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cherie to Carve At Infineon Raceway!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hey Cherie Peeps,
    Check THIS out! Cherie is leaving for San Fran to do some news stuff for the Sedona races.
    She is teaching Scott Dixon (who just won the Indie 500) to carve for the news stations and media.
    She is leaving tomorrow and returning after the shoot on Tuesday.

Here are some details about this CCool event!

niceui11

WHAT:

IndyCar? Series driver and 2008 Indianapolis 500 winner Scott Dixon will come to Infineon Raceway to not only

preview the upcoming PEAK Antifreeze & Motor Oil Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma County, Aug. 22-24, but he will

also display his wood-carving skills alongside Cherie Currie, a professional chainsaw artist and member

of the ECHO Carving Team.

WHEN/WHERE:

Tuesday, Aug. 5, 11:30 a.m. Infineon Raceway Wine Country Winner?s Circle, next to the Media Center.

WHO:

Scott Dixon (No. 9 Target Chip Ganassi Racing): The current IndyCar Series points leader, Dixon has five

victories so far this season, including the Indianapolis 500. Dixon is also the defending champion at

Infineon Raceway, and has finished no worse than seventh in three starts on the challenging road course.

Cherie Currie (Professional Chainsaw Artist): Cherie (aka the Chainsaw Chick)started her career in chainsaw

carving several years ago and has since won awards at three World Chainsaw Art Competitions.

She recently opened her own gallery in Chatsworth, and has made several TV appearances, including Monster

Garage and A Current Affair.

THE CARVING:

Dixon and Currie will carve a replica of the Infineon Raceway Champion?s Cabernet Goblet, which Dixon hoisted

in the Wine Country Winner?s Circle last year. The carving will be created with chainsaws out of a raw piece

of wood.

EVENT:

This event is being held in advance of the PEAK Antifreeze & Motor Oil Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma County, Aug.

22-24, which will mark the IndyCar Series? fourth consecutive visit to the Sonoma Valley. This year?s event

will be the first time the newly unified open-wheel series and its drivers, including Danica Patrick, Marco

Andretti and Graham Rahal, will compete together on the challenging road course.

MEDIA:

Dixon will be available to the media following the event. Bio sheets, as well as b-roll, will also be

available.

RSVP:

Contact Diana Brennan (707-933-3918, [email protected]) or Jennifer Imbimbo (707-933-3981,

[email protected]).

Good luck Cherie and have fun out there!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sorry for my tardiness. Lightning zapped my good computer Tuesday night and my old "backup" would not work either.
    When it rains it pours.
    I finally managed to put compuserve on my old old computer so I can limp around on-line a little.
    With a little luck, my good computer will be up and running tomorrow and I'll add some photos, of this event, to Cherie's ChainsawChick.Com Photo Albums!

Here is a press release from a couple days ago!
    It sounds like Cherie and Scott performed outstandingly together,
    for sure!

SONOMA, Calif. (Aug. 5, 2008) ? Driver Scott Dixon has won many trophies during his career on the IndyCar? Series circuit, including last year?s crown at Infineon Raceway in the Motorola Indy 300.

Dixon got the rare opportunity to build his own trophy on Tuesday in the Wine Country Winner?s Circle at Infineon Raceway with the use of a chainsaw and assistance from ?Chainsaw Chick? Cherie Currie. The event was held as a promotion for the PEAK Antifreeze & Motor Oil Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma County, Aug. 22-24.

Dixon carved a replica of the raceway?s signature Champion?s Cabernet Goblet, which he toasted in 2007 after taking the checkers for his first-career win in the Sonoma Valley. The replica, which was created from a five-foot piece of redwood, was carved in high-horsepower fashion with an Echo chainsaw under the tutelage of Currie, a professional chainsaw artist. Dixon and Currie worked together to create the trophy during a 20-minute demonstration before media members and race fans.

?I think I know what I want to do after racing now. I think I found a new hobby,? said Dixon after completing the carving. ?It?s something I?d never thought about doing, and Cherie was a great instructor. I?m just glad I didn?t chop the thing in half.?

All equipment was provided by Echo, a sponsor of Currie. Echo produces hand-held landscaping equipment for both the commercial and residential homeowner markets, and prides itself on setting the industry standard (www.echoincorporated.com).

?He did an amazing job, actually superb,? said Currie, who has been carving for seven years. ?I told him he?s going to get the carving bug, because once you start you just want to keep doing it.?

Dixon, who drives for Target Chip Ganassi Racing, is currently ranked first in IndyCar Series driver point standings with five victories so far this season, including the Indianapolis 500. He has the best average finish of any IndyCar driver in Sonoma at 4th, and will look to continue that success in a few weeks.

?Coming back here after doing so well last year, we?re definitely looking forward to it,? said Dixon. ?It?s been a very tough, competitive season, and it?s hard to say we?ve got it in the bag. If we could get another win in Sonoma, we can go into the last few races feeling very confident.?

For more information or to purchase tickets for the PEAK Antifreeze & Motor Oil Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma County, please call 800-870-RACE or visit www.infineonraceway.com or www.ticketmaster.com.

Carve on Cherie!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Questions marks have replaced my quotation marks!!!
    Yikes!!!
    [img]eek.gif[/img]
    GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Well, as far as my "good" computer goes, the only luck I've been having is bad luck and THIS computer is a P.O.S. The only good thing about this one is that without it, I couldn't even be here now.
    I'm very limited on what I can do, at present, so I still have not been able to post the new pictures, from this event, in Cherie's Chainsaw Chick Photo Album!

Here is an article about the event which includes a photo of Cherie, Scott and their carving!

http://www.thefastandthefabulous.com...to-carve-wood/

I hear that the photos can be viewed on Cherie's MySpace too but I can't get there with this computer.
    I'm hoping my brother-in-law will squeeze me in today or tomorrow. I know he can get my good computer going but he wanted to wait till his days off!

Wish me luck and enjoy the photos, if you can!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I feel like the proverbial ant with the rubber tree plant! I had high hopes and I just kept saying" I think I can...I think I can" and eventually I got that new modem to work!

I just posted 12 photos of Cherie and Scott Dixon at the Infineon Raceway, carving their replica of the Infineon Raceway Champion?s Cabernet Goblet, in her Chainsaw Chick Photo Album!

Just go to the web site and click on the NEW FEATURE, on the front page, to see them!

http://www.chainsawchick.com/

GRRREAT pictures Cherie! Sorry for the delay in posting them!
    You and Scott done REAL good!
    [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

doc489a948d5af5c957642840

Tomorrow is the big race at the Infineon Raceway, where Cherie was helping Scott promote it, earlier this month.
    I do believe she is out there now too. ABC is covering the race, so tune in. You might just see Cherie!

infineon sdixon currie
    Have fun Cherie!
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I just noticed ABC is covering the Little League World Championships,
    while this race is occurring but, luckily, ESPN2 is covering the race!
    It starts at 2:30 P.M. so my VCR is ready to go!
    Let's hope Scott Dixon wins so the spotlight will be on him,
    which would increase our chances of seeing Cherie!
    M4S7G7
    Go Scott Go!
    trophy checkeredflag car
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

IndyCar ? Castroneves snaps streak, closes gap at Infineon.
    Monday, 25th August 2008

Helio Castroneves made big gains in the IndyCar title race with his first victory since early in the 2007 season, at Infineon Raceway, California.

Helio Castroneves had never previously led a lap at Infineon Raceway, and had gone some 29 races without being able to enjoy his familiar fence-climbing 'spiderman' celebration, but put both right on Sunday afternoon in Sonoma.

Echoing the sort of resolve that saw Sam Hornish Jr win for Penske after its facilities had been badly hit by flooding a couple of seasons back, the Brazilian shrugged off this week's transporter fire to convert pole position into a first victory since St Petersburg in 2007, claiming the bonus point for most laps led for good measure along the way.

Castroneves' win aside, however, perhaps the biggest story was Dixon's slide down the order, the Kiwi's three-stop strategy not working out as well as either his main championship rival's, or Ganassi team-mate Wheldon's. Dixon, who could have clinched the crown had results gone his way in California, looked set to finish 14th before a late clash between Servia and Mario Dominguez handed him two vital spots.
    The Indy 500 winner arrived at Infineon with a comfortable 78-point cushion over Castroneves, but now heads to the Penske-owned Belle Isle Raceway in Detroit with just 43 markers separating him from the Brazilian. A similar outcome next weekend could set up an intriguing showdown on the oval at Chicagoland.

In Dixon's rare and unexpected absence from the top order, Meira, Graham Rahal, Wilson and the ever-improving Mario Moraes rounded out the top ten, with Rice also coming home ahead of the Kiwi.
    Well, at least he got to meet Cherie!
    blush
    GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

_______________niceui11_________
    Chainsaw Carver Cherie Currie Steals Show

Here is a very cool news clip from CBS5.com KPIX San Francisco.
    It's from August 8th, when Cherie was teaching Scott Dixon to carve at the Infineon Raceway!
    Cherie talks about being in The Runaways, as well as her chainsaw carving!
    The Runaways movie and a potential reality TV show also get mentioned!

Colin Resch reporting!

http://www.blinkx.com/video/chainsaw...PL125AoYbUS-yQ

ROCK & CARVE ON CHERIE!!!
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Gussy baby! Can you send me a copy of those two pic's up above. Love them!!!
    BTW.. Love YOU!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast