Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It started for me around the age of 15 or 16. The Runaways had already disbanded but one day I heard this voice coming from the radio, it was Joan Jett! I immediately went to the record store and bought I Love Rock And Roll! I couldn't get enough of it. I then discovered that she was in a band before the Blackhearts so I bought everything on the Runaways and Joan Jett that I could get my hands on.
    I spent hours and hours listening to the Runaways and Joan Jett And The Blackhearts, playing air guitar, pretending I was was one of them. Come to think of it at the age of 35, I still do that.

Later,
    Jodi

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Lately I have been travelling around town with my clipboard for signatures on my re-Release The Runaways Music on Polygram,(I am going to hand deliver it to The Polygram office in Sta. Monica, California when I have loads of names and addresses) just crashing parties and asking people to sign (also found if I leave it in my cart in Markets, people are only too pleased to sign it)..and I have been discovering The Other Side of Los Angeles...the side whose lives were changed by The Runaways/Cherie Currie.
    People can't help but tell me where they were when they first heard "Cherry Bomb", or how they sneaked the first album home and then plagued their entire family for months.
    So I asking, What are your best memories of The Runaways or Cherie, how did their music affect your lives? (please keep it nice and clean).

Adam Sweetiepienow

------------------
    Sin is in, Sweetie!

NJ-RUNAWAYS-FAN

Cool

Ditto for me too, except I was 13 when I discovered Joan, and found out she was in a band before the Blackhearts. Bought everything I could find on the Runaways and I was hooked! forums Never would have thought back them that I would meet my 3 fav members forums I'll be 34 this summer and I am still hooked and always will be! forums

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I became a fan of Lita Ford in 1984, then found out about The Runaways after that. Have seen Lita live 4 times, but no other ex-Runaways. One of these days!

PS-I was 15 years old in 1984 (32 yrs old now).

------------------
    ***Be Kind To Animals***

[This message has been edited by Smidge95 (edited February 01, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great topic!!!!!
    Cherie and The Runaways (plus maybe Blondie) totally saved my ass in the 70's. My father died back in 1975, leaving behind one totally confused, lonely and scared 11-year old. I mean I was totally messed up big time. When I got the first Runaways album (actually 8-track) it totally changed my world. I listened to it every day after school and pretended I was in the band and all that stuff. Queens of Noise came out and I was in heaven!!!!!!! I still play that album at least once a week. Of course after Cherie left it was never quite the same but they really helped me get through tons of shit, low self-esteem, and basically taught me it was ok to break the mold and not be like everyone else. I cannot say enuff about how great of an inspiration Cherie is and always will be to me. I'm so grateful for her book too - I think it should be required reading for all teens.
    I could go on and on and on but you get the gist.
    Love ya Cherie!!!
    - G.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Such a good topic:
    When I was 7, my parents worked ALL the time. They used to drop me off at my cousin Tina's house. She was 19, and played the guitar. She was my idol. She introduced this lonely little boy to The Runaways, and I was never the same again. I picked up a guitar and took lessons...and from then on, hunted hunted hunted for any Runaways music/stuff i could get my hands on. I have never, ever stopped listening to them--either in the band or solo--(Lita's solo stuff is a bit heavy for my taste, but other than that)---and i never, ever will. They, along with my cousin, were my first friends. I'll always love them, they are imbedded in my being.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

It was in 83 when I fall in love with Joan. Saw her live for the first time that same yr. Met A fan at the show who told me about the Runaways.Not long after that I went out to find a Runaways album, well it was really a tape. I was hooked. I would play air drums. Dream of hanging out with them.--- JetRnR, It's nice to know I was not the only one who did and feels like that. forums
    I'm 33 now. The first Runaway I met was Lita. Then Joan then Cherie & Sandy
    Love, Kathy

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey KatJett,
    Lita Ford was the first one I met also.
    As for meeting Joan, no matter how many JJ concerts I went to I couldn't get a chance to meet her. Well finally in Oct of 1999 my wish came true. I met her and she even let me take my picture with her. Now if only I could have had something intelligent to say when I met her. I have yet to meet Cherie and Sandy, hopefully that day will come. I would also like to meet Vicki Blue and Jackie Fox. Preferably before I'm 50! forums LOL!

Later,
    Jodi

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SPROCKETMAN:
    What are your best memories of The Runaways or Cherie, how did their music affect your lives? (please keep it nice and clean)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was 12 years old in 1976. My mom brought me home a new album, it was called THE RUNAWAYS. She told me she bought it for me because the band was all girls, and she thought I might like it. OMG!!!!!! My life was changed the first time I heard that album!!! I felt like a brand new world opened up to me... I felt like I belonged with them... I because obsessed with The Runaways from that moment on...

My best friend and I listened to The Runaways all the time during the years they were together. I have dark brown/black hair, my best friend at that time was a blonde. We thought we were the next Joan and Cherie, lemme tell you! We sang to The Runaways' albums together almost every time she came over to my house (which was often, she just lived across the street). I was so sad when she moved away, there would be no more duets...

Anyway, I think The Runaways and certain former members helped me through my junior high and high school years, even if they didn't know it forums

Denise

P.S. I've been fortunate to have met Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Cherie Currie, and Sandy West. I've exchanged a few emails with Jackie Fox and Vicki Blue. Back in '77, I listened to The Runaways perform at a club in Tucson, but from the OUTSIDE forums I wasn't allowed in because of my age... Can you believe that?!?!

------------------
    check out my website!

http://communities.msn.com/DeniseSowersPhotography

[This message has been edited by jett1 (edited February 07, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

JetRnk----- I don't know what it is but I have met Joan more then one time and each time I couldn't think or talk straight. So I feel what your saying forums. I think I did better with Cherie.
    Peace & Love, Kathy

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast