Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Adam! It DOES sound like you know Cherie very well indeed as you described her perfectly! forums
    Cherie and Joan were always my favorite Runaways. I got the honor of meeting Cherie thru one of my other favorite rocker friends, none other than Miss Mara ever so Foxy Fox! I was the Precious Metal "cheerleader", and what an honor and thrill it was for me to attend Mara's wedding and also be an "honorary bridesmaid" (so sweet!). Well, Miss Cherie was there and even after a while my friend and I were too scared to talk to her, so another P/M member, Janet, introduced us - we asked her too, we were too petrified to approach Cherie- ha! Well, Cherie took me under her wing and from then on was nothing but the sweetest, most generous, loving woman! She always made sure I was comfortable and went out of her way to make me feel special. I've been able to do many fun things with her, but not lately since I am a mommy now and just don't take off to LA like I used to! I miss Mara and Cherie (and my other P/M sisters!) terribly and I SO miss all the great times I have had with them!!! I keep telling myself I am going to treat myself to a trip to LA and get me a good dose of their lovin'!!! After meeting Cherie at Mara's wedding, I was on her like white on rice, and bugged her for quite a few photos - ha! I remember Cherie took my hand and said "We've been friends for a long time..." I was like "Okay I can die now!". Cherie attended my wedding in 1995 (Mara couldn't make it, she was in school, but band mate Leslie attended) and both Leslie and Cherie sang about 6 of Leslie's songs, with Leslie on guitar - WAY cool. What a TREAT that was! It wasn't even planned. Leslie even gave me the dress she wore that night! (Her sister designed it. I tried to give her my wedding dress, but she wouldn't take it - ha!) I danced SO much with those girls, it was a blast. Well, it is obvious why I love Cherie (and Mara and my P/M girls!!). I just wish we lived closer!
    Now I miss them more than ever!!!! Love, Sheri forums

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would to tell you all my story. I went to club one night when I was on a 3 day speed binge. I did not know who played there my friend took me by the arm and entered. Cherie was singing and I said to myself lord have mercy who is this chicky babe? She was pumping sweat out like an oil well she one foxy blonde geisha who look good in a kimono and can share my sushi and saki anytime.

She can have me grab me but me sore already

all my love
    Banksi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Adam - my story is very similar to yours.
    My wife and I have also known Cherie for eight years. We met and became firm and close friends during our very first trip to LA back in 1994. We had been big Runaways fans since the begining, Cherie always being our favourite,and I had done a fanzine interview with her earlier that year.
    We live in the UK, and since then her wonderful family have all become an extention of ours, and us of theirs. We too have seen each other through personal highs and lows over recent years. I can only reiterate what Adam said before- Cherie is the warmest, sweetest, most loving and caring friend you could ever wish to have. A wonderful 100% genuine good human being.
    We love you dearly and can't wait to see you later this year sweetie....

You know who!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

OK some of you wanted a new topic, so here goes....
    I have known Cherie and her family for over 8years and have known her as a faithful friend.
    She is warm, friendly, accessible,dependable, compassionate,honest (sometimes too honest), creative (not just her music), driven, very loyal with a great sense of humour.
    And for those who need to know, She Is VERY Classy.
    We have been together through good times and bad, not relying on the other,just knowing we are there for each other whenever asked...which is the greatest expression of friendship.
    So my question is WHY are YOU a Cherie fan?
    You KNOW I Love you Cherie.

Love Adam Friend forums