Thread: Why do we love Cherie so much?

famveronica

Question

How did you become a Cherie fan? Have you been a Cherie fan for long?
    What is it about he'r that rocks your world?
    Maybe you were a Runaways fan first? Cherie makes some great music, witch album is your favorite? Best song etc........... Have you seen he'r live? Tell me your Cherie story, please. I think this is a intresting topic... [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Busy playing in my own band at the time, I totally missed The Runaways back in the day. Little did I know what I was missing!

Having always been a Jodie Foster fan I decided to rent some of her movies when I got my first VCR in 83. I guess you could say Cherie stole the show when I watched FOXES!
    I was an instant fan, and started trying to find out all I could about this wonderful actress.
    You can imagine my delight when I found out she had been in this really cool band with Joan Jett called The Runaways!

I found all The Runaways albums and Cherie's solo albums through the GOLDMINE collectors magazine.
    Finally in 2001 I got online and immediately started searching the web for Cherie stuff.

For a dude with a bad case of the CC Fever, finding this message board was just what the doctor ordered!

I am now a very happy CCamper, 4 sure!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

4Jettheads

It's a Runaways thing. And how did Cherie ever climb that phone pole on Hamlin Street in high heels ? It's one of the pics on her photo site. I've never seen a chick climb a phone pole in heels-amazing.

4Jettheads

Link to pic
    http://www.cheriecurrie.com/gallerypage1.html

Come to think of it, I've never seen any chick climb a phone pole. She must be interesting to hang around.

famveronica

Wink

It all started for me in 1973. I saw Suzi Quatro on tv and i was in ecstasy... Wow she became my big idol, and still is in a way. ( not like Cherie ) I grow up with he'r you could say. But in 1976 it was all over in a way for Suzi.. No more hit records and the media diden't write about he'r anymore. Suddenly she was gone. But then one day i heard this song Cherry Bomb on the radio. And i tought oh my God is that a new Suzi hit? Hey i was 14 or 15 remember.... I went to the record store to buy it and i saw the cover of The Runaways first lp. I was in chock. Oh my God they were the same age as me, well 2 years older... I fell in love rught there. When i got home and put the record on i coulden't belive my ears. WOW they are eaven better than Suzi Quatro. I most admit that Joan was my idol then. But then again she was kinda like a Suzi clone... Then Came Queens of noise, live in Japan and then the blond Cherry Bomb was gone...
    I started to buy Cherie's records Beauty*s only skin deep was a hit in Norway. So was Call me at midnight. Then i lost track of The Runaways for about 20 years. And then for a year ago i got the Cherie book Neon angel. And i was lost for words. God i couldent belive what that girl have been trough.. I went into Ebay and rock city records to get everything i could get on Cherie. Now i have it all exept one of he'r carvins. I love Cherie for the person she is, he'r music and talent as an actor... She can really ackt.. She is so feminin and beautiful, and i like that. She is my idol........ And i will always love he'r.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wellllll

When i was about 17 i read a book called Rolling Stone's guide to girl rock or something like that..... Anyways the Runaways where in there. There was a bio and a group pic and an incredibly sexy pic of Jackie Fox playing bass btween her legs.. ok anyhow im getting off the subject heheheh...

Sooo i got really curious and i found The Best of The Runaways @ tower records. I couln't find any other cds by em and i din't really have internet access. I gotta admit i din't really realize how incredible Cherie was yet cause that particular cd is more about Joan. SO anywaysss, when i finally got access to the net i begged a friend to order Live In Japan for me. When i first heard it i fell for Cherie. Her voice is incredibly sexy for that age, and her attitude is killer. Then i got The Runaways and Queen Of Noise and also the Neon Angel book. But the Icing on the Cake was when a great pal (u know who u are [img]wink.gif[/img] ) sent me a copy of the Live In Japan Video.. WHOooooaaaaa! Cherie not only sounded fantastic, wild and tough on cd, she was IT live!! Major inspiration, there is not a day when i play a show and i don't warm up my voice adn get pumped up with Live in Japan or any other Cherie/Runaways cd.. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

4Jettheads

And the beat goes on...

famveronica

Wink

Hi GUs how come everybody has this member ratings, but not me?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Great stories! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    I love hearing how Cherie Peeps became Cherie Peeps!
    I do I do!
    4 sure!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

You can turn your member rating on or off by updating your profile.
    Yours was turned on until recently Veronica!

I'll be the first to tell you though, those things are notoriously inaccurate!

Later,
    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    GD