Thread: THAT MOVIE . . . I SAW IT!!!!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I just saw ?the movie? last night. Cherie looked GORGEOUS. The movie is awesome!!!!!!! Lot?s of candid disclosures by our favorite runaway and Lita is hysterical too. ; ) Cherie and Sandy?s moms also make moving appearances. Kim Fowley as expected comes across as a lying scuzbag, but a very entertaining one. There is not a lot of Runaways music, but two great live performances of Rock & Roll and Wild Thing which has Cherie?s cool mime at the end of the song. In short, forget the controversy because every Cherie fan should see this movie because she is just so awesome in it.

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh my GAWD... [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] Hee,Hee...

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One thing I will say is, NO Joan, NO movie. And I could have went out to the premeire I was invited to go also. One reason I couldn't was work and the other No Joan, No movie. Yes, I know Joan didn't want any part of this movie for whatever reasons. The movie should never have gone forward without Joan. Joan really was the founder of the " Runaways " And now it seems like Joan never even existed in the
    " Runaways " It's a crying shame I say. What a joke, and another point. Some of the bands I have to laugh at that have been inducted into the RRHOF ya just have to laugh, at least I do. The
    " Runaways " should have been in there, someone sleeping again. For crying out loud people still just don't get it over here in the US.They just really don't get it. It truely p-i-s-s-e-s me off.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Yeah, I saw it too.

The film style had a manic "Cops" feel to it and grew tiring very quickly. It was distracting, annoying, and just plain bad. There was nothing positive discussed in the film. Apparently nobody ever had a good time in this band because it was all just cry-baby stuff. Other than some early rehearsal footage, there was nothing the average Runaways fan hasn't seen before a hundred times over. It was mostly old Japanese footage that the filmmaker messed around with making it black and white. Considering that no one in the band supported the film and the band's music wasn't used...I can hardly see the point.

Vicki missed the mark by a mile. All she chose to portray was salacious garbage. It comes off catty and dull, and no one is likable. There must have been better interview footage, but it wasn't chosen. I blame the editor. There was nothing respectful in the entire thing. Nothing about their records, nothing about their achievements as women or as a band, just whining and nastiness that was intended to be titilating, but wasn't. No mention of albums, but mention of Cherie's abortion? Bad choice. Not even the showing of album covers. If I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't have known what they were talking about half the time. It was made from an extreme inside perspective with no intent or regard for broadening their scope or their legacy. You don't walk away from it wanting to check out their music or wanting to know anything more about them. It won't draw any new fans...(who would probably think they sound like Suzi Quatro, because that's all that's in it, except for some really weak Lita Ford stuff that sounds like it was left over from when she lost her last record deal). It was supposed to be a be-all-end-all-tell-all, and it just wasn't.

It was shot so that everyone looks hideous...I expected more from a lesbian. No studios, everything shot outside with the subjects facing the harsh sun. Cherie looked ok, but the rest look like a bunch of old ladies. Kari Chrome is positively frightening....and why is Suzi Quatro in this at all? And to have Joan Jett missing...she was the heart and soul of the Runaways, and without her, there is no heart and soul to the movie. Lita's parts were embarrassing - everybody laughed at her, not WITH her. Kim Fowley (looks like lifted VH-1 footage) is in it more than anyone. The whole thing was depressing.

It came off like a vanity project for the pathetically self-obssessed Vicki Blue. While there were a few interesting tidbits, such as Jackie and Cherie discussing Jackie's 'suicide' attempt, and Sandy's mother pitifully sobbing at the camera, for the most part this film fails to deliver upon Vicki's overblown promises of the past 5 years...it just isn't very good. Also, the film ends with Vicki's departure from the band...HELLO? What about what happened after that? Apparently that doesn't matter, because it didn't involve the two least important members of the band who created this movie. "Bass players revenge! Bass players revenge!" I was like, revenge for what? You can fit the talent of both of these "bass players" into a thimble, with room to spare. Vicki played bass like a chimp, (ie terribly), and then takes all this credit for everything? Criminal. She whines about how hard it was for her when she should have been grateful just to be there...because she certainly didn't deserve to be.

Things should be being done to get this band into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This film only serves to undermine their credibility and to keep them OUT. It was inappropriate and awful.

None of the band members showed up for the screening, not even Kim Fowley. The room was pretty full though...of transvestites.

If you want to see how it should have been done, catch the upcoming MC5 documentary, it's excellent.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I too was at the premiere of the film. I will refuse to make any bad comments and trash the film.

I respect what Vicky did. If anyone want's my opinion email me. I refuse to diss what to me was an unbiased honest and human attempt to give us fans an idea of what life as a "Runaway" was like.

I am truly glad i had the opportunity to see this controversial film.. Thanks Vicky! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone besides this apparent VB-clan gotten to see the movie? (Can't count me on either side, unless giving me a plane ticket from LGA to LAX before the next film-fest [img]wink.gif[/img] ).