Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Well hello Rock N Roll fans!
    It's me, your host, Wink Dangerdale and I am here with
    <font size="5">Music Trivia Game #3</font>
    and it looks like it's a doozy! [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

It's 12 questions about some of our favorite Rock Groups!
    Some are easy! Some are not so easy!

If you enjoy playing, half as much as I will enjoy showering you with Atta-Boys when you win, we'll all have a blast!

Okay then! The time has come! Let's play, shall we?!?! [img]graemlins/clock.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

01) In 1969, with a new lineup including the guy who had sung, as Jesus, in JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR, this band recorded the "Lord's Concerto for Group and Orchestra" album.
    Can you name the singer and the band?

02) This guys first recording group was a power pop quartet, from Philadelphia, they made their live debut in July 1967, opening for the doors. More recently he has been singing with the newly formed CARS!
    Can you name him and his original group?

03) The Northwest was a fertile breeding ground for raunchy rock and roll bands in the early 60's. Paul Revere and the Raider were the most successful, but the most successful song; indeed one of the best known and most notorious songs in the history of Rock and Roll was _________. The Raiders cut their verson but it was _________ who had the hit!
    Can you name the song and the band?

04) Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron hit #2 and sold 3 million singles for this sextet in 1966-67 and gave them a lease on life that they exploited to the hilt.
    Can you name the band?

05) Along with The Mamas and The Papas, this group was part of the late-sisties folk/pop vocal group movement, with major hits like LAZY DAYS and SUNDAYS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.
    In 1982 the lead singer joined the reformed Mamas and Papas!
    Can you name her original group?

06) During their brief career, in the mid-sixties, this young Belfast band's personel changed often, at various times including Jimmy Page and keyboardist Peter Bardens, who went on to form Camel!
    Their lead singer moved on to a very successful solo career.
    Can you name them?

07) This was one of the vintage acid-rock San Francisco bands of the late sixties. Their early shows and albums contributed some of the best-remebered instrumental jam music of the period but they never were as popular, nationally, as their S.F contemporaries, The Jefferson Airplane and The Grateful Dead.
    Can you name this band?

08) This British band's majestic art rock set the style for such acts as Kansas and Styx: story songs set to complex, richly textured music with hints of classical pomp. They started as a highly theatrical cult band when they were fronted by their first lead singer. They changed direction, when he left and their drummer took over as front man.
    Can you name this band?

09) The Small Faces got their name for two reasons: They were small, under 5'6" tall, and they were "faces" as in the Who's "I'm The Face," a declaration of mod-era hipness. When Steve Marriott left to form Humble Pie, the band changed it's name to "The Faces" because their 2 new members were quite a bit taller!
    Can you name the two new members?

10) In 1984, A Box Of Frogs, featuring Chris Dreja, Jim McCarty and Paul Samuel Smith, formerly of a popular 60's British Rock Group, released their debut album, with one of their original band's legendary guitar heroes, credited as "additional frog" on 4 of the tracks.
    Can you name the 60's band all these Frogs came from originally?

11) Santana's 1970 hit "Black Magic Women" had been previously recorded by what band?

12) What former ANIMAL formed a band, in 1979, with Gordon Sumner and Stewart Copeland?

Good luck to ALL contestants!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Wink Dangerdale

johnnyjosephemil

Here are the ones I know.(i think)
    1)Ted Neely-don't know the name of the band.
    2)Todd Rundgren
    3)Cherokee People.
    "Cherokee People, Cherokee sky.
    So proud to live, so proud to die."
    4)1910 Fruitgum Company.
    5) [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    6)Traffic
    7) [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    8)Genesis
    9)Ron Wood, [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    10) [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    11)Wow, no idea, i thought it was an original Santana tune.
    12)Andy Summers

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

'O Boy another exciting game. I believe me & my remaing brain cell that works (don't fail me now) will give a few questions a try.

1) I believe Neely played Jesus in the Film, But I think Ian Gillian Sang the lead in the stage production, And He sang in Deep Purple

2)Utopia

3) (a)Louie Louie (b) Kingsmen

4) I have the vinyl Lp by the Royal Guardsmen

5) Spanky & Our Gang

7) This is totally a Guess, But I remember Moby Grape

8)I think you are talking about Genisis, Because when Peter Gabrial left, Phill collins came out from behind the drums to sing

9) As You know I am a major Steve Marriott Fan (R.I.P.), but I didn't give up on The Faces after Rod Stewart & Ronnie Wood Joined (a Nod Is As Good As A Wink is still on Regular rotation on my jukebox)

10) Wow I thought I was the only one who knew about this great underground band.
    Most of the members came from the Yardbirds.

11 I am more familiar with the (Real) Fleetwood Mac's Version

johnnyjosephemil

DOH! that's right, the royal guardsmen did Snoopy vs. the Red Baron. sorry. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

This is remarkable, hence I will now remark about it! Our previous Music Trivia Game Champ, Ellanoize is, once again, in fine form, with 7 1/2 correct answers, already!
    In second place with 2 points is, fellow contestant, Frustrated!

Alrighty then, here's the low-down on the game, so far!

01) In 1969, with a new lineup including the guy who had sung, as Jesus, in JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR, this band recorded the "Lord's Concerto for Group and Orchestra" album.
    Can you name the singer and the band?

Ellanoize IS correct. Ian Gillan sang the part, of Jesus, on the original Rock Opera LP release and then joined Deep Purple.
    What an amazing vocalist!

02) This guys first recording group was a power pop quartet, from Philadelphia, they made their live debut in July 1967, opening for the doors. More recently he has been singing with the newly formed CARS!

Frustrated IS correct about the singer. It's Todd Rundgren
    Ellanoize is NOT correct about Todd's original band. It was not Utopia.

03) The Northwest was a fertile breeding ground for raunchy rock and roll bands in the early 60's. Paul Revere and the Raider were the most successful, but the most successful song; indeed one of the best known and most notorious songs in the history of Rock and Roll was _________. The Raiders cut their verson but it was _________ who had the hit!
    Can you name the song and the band?

Ellanoize IS correct. It's Louie Louie by The Kingsmen. I don't think they ever did Cherokee People, frustrated.

04) Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron hit #2 and sold 3 million singles for this sextet in 1966-67 and gave them a lease on life that they exploited to the hilt.
    Can you name the band?

Ellanoize IS correct. It's The Royal Guardsmen, NOT the 1910 Fruitgum Company, frustrated.

05) Along with The Mamas and The Papas, this group was part of the late-sisties folk/pop vocal group movement, with major hits like LAZY DAYS and SUNDAYS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.
    In 1982 the lead singer joined the reformed Mamas and Papas!
    Can you name her original group?

Ellanoize IS correct. It's Spanky and Our Gang! They had some great hit, for sure!

06) During their brief career, in the mid-sixties, this young Belfast band's personel changed often, at various times including Jimmy Page and keyboardist Peter Bardens, who went on to form Camel!
    Can you name them?

No answers YET.

07) This was one of the vintage acid-rock San Francisco bands of the late sixties. Their early shows and albums contributed some of the best-remebered instrumental jam music of the period but they never were as popular, nationally, as their S.F contemporaries, The Jefferson Airplane and The Grateful Dead.
    Can you name this band?

Ellanoize is NOT correct. It's not Moby Grape.

08) This British band's majestic art rock set the style for such acts as Kansas and Styx: story songs set to complex, richly textured music with hints of classical pomp. They started as a highly theatrical cult band when they were fronted by their first lead singer. They changed direction, when he left and their drummer took over as front man.
    Can you name this band?

Ellanoize IS correct. It's Genesis! A totally different band with Peter Gabriel than without him.

09) The Small Faces got their name for two reasons: They were small, under 5'6" tall, and they were "faces" as in the Who's "I'm The Face," a declaration of mod-era hipness. When Steve Marriott left to form Humble Pie, the band changed it's name to "The Faces" because their 2 new members were quite a bit taller!
    Can you name the two new members?

Frustrated IS correct. It's Ron Wood.
    Ellanoize IS correct also. It's Rod Stewart.

10) In 1984, A Box Of Frogs, featuring Chris Dreja, Jim McCarty and Paul Samuel Smith, formerly of a popular 60's British Rock Group, released their debut album, with one of their original band's legendary guitar heroes, credited as "additional frog" on 4 of the tracks.
    Can you name the 60's band all these Frogs came from originally?

Ellanoize IS correct. Box Of Frogs were the three "less essential" Yardbirds with a new lead singer. Not to be outdone by Beck, Jimmy Page appeared as an additional Frog on their 2nd LP. I miss Keith Relf!

11) Santana's 1970 hit "Black Magic Women" had been previously recorded by what band?

Ellanoize IS correct. Fleetwood Mac did the song, in their first incarnation, featuring Peter Green on guitar and vocal.

12) What former ANIMAL formed a band, in 1979, with Gordon Sumner and Stewart Copeland?

Frustrated IS correct. It's Andy Summers, who played is the final incarnation of Eric Burdon and The Animals!

We still need answers on numbers 2, 6 and 7 folks!
    Anyone wanna chime in here?!?!?

You can still earn yourselves some atta-boys/girls, if you know the "correct" answers!

Stay tuned. We'll be back after these crass commercial messages!
    Wink

johnnyjosephemil

Hey Gus, sorry about the wrong answer on Snoopy vs. the Red Baron. I'm actually a little upset at myself [img]frown.gif[/img] , because I remember playing that song over and over again. Simple Simon(by 1910 FGCO) was the next song on the K-tel album that I had.
    "Ten, twenty, thirty, fourty, fifty or more,
    The bloody Red Baron, was rolling up the score.
    Eighty men died trying to end that spree.
    Of the bloody Red Baron, from Germany."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Originally posted by gus danger:

Frustrated IS correct about the singer. It's Todd Rundgren
    Ellanoize is NOT correct about Todd's original band. It was not Utopia.

Can you name them?

No answers YET.

Can you name this band?

Ellanoize is NOT correct. It's not Moby Grape.

We still need answers on numbers 2, 6 and 7 folks!
    Anyone wanna chime in here?!?!?

You can still earn yourselves some atta-boys/girls, if you know the "correct" answers!

Stay tuned. We'll be back after these crass commercial messages!
    Wink
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Yup frustrated, it's hard to keep all the bubble gum bands, of that era, straight some times!

As a reminder, you have 2 points, to Mr. Ella's 7 1/2 points at this point in time!

On with the show! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

This game is all but over but we do still have the time slot, so hey!!!
    It's now...<font size="5">HINT TIME!</font>

Ok ladies and germs, here are your HINTS for tonight's show!

#2 Of coarse, frustrated answered the first half of this question but what was Todd Rundgren's first recording band?
    HINT - Their name rhymed with Jazz.

#6 Actually, this question had a built in answer!
    HINT - The answer is in the question.

#7 I always loved this band with one of my favorite lead guitarists, John Cipollina
    HINT - Their second album was called Happy Trails.

Alrighty then, the clock is counting down the remaining moments of the game so, if you wanna earn some atta-persons, GO for the GUSTO and chime in before tomorrow night's show!

Good luck 2 yaz!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] whistling
    Wink

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Howdy pardinerz! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    We are back with our final installment of MUSIC TRIVIA GAME #3 and I'd like to get right to the ATTA-BOYS, if you don't mind.

Mr. EllaNoize, here are your Atta-Boys. 7 1/2 of them!
    ATTA-BOY
    ATTA-BOY
    ATTA-BOY
    ATTA-BOY
    ATTA-BOY
    ATTA-BOY
    ATTA-BOY
    1/2 ATTA-BOY

And Mr. Frustrated, here are YOUR 2 ATTA-BOYS!
    ATTA-BOY
    ATTA-BOY

Thanks again for participating. It was a fun game and I enjoyed having you as contestants!

Well what can I say folks, I guess the hints did not do the trick, on the remaining questions so I will now reveal the answers, for those who have been wracking their brains trying to figger 'em out!

#2 Of coarse, frustrated answered the first half of this question but what was Todd Rundgren's first recording band?
    ANSWER - The NAZZ

#6 Actually, this question had a built in answer!
    ANSWER - THEM

#7 I always loved this band with one of my favorite lead guitarists, John Cipollina
    ANSWER - Quicksilver Messenger Service

Well, our time is about up. Rest assured, our staff is hard at work preparing GAME 4, so stay tuned for another chance to chime in!

Until then though, I'm Wink Dangerdale saying so long for now!
    Gus