Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was reading some of the recent post on gus's cherie trivia game. Some questions were raised about what she was driving etc. I know talk about music, movies, concerts etc
    Does anyone have good and not so good car memories??

MY sentimental favorite was my first real new car. 1986 mustang GT. It could take a pounding was FUN, FAST, AND LOW THROATY RUMBLE SOUND [img]smile.gif[/img]

But the flip side was the car that follwed the "KILLER STANG". I used to work for Chrysler Financial and bought a company car that was being turned in It was great price etc.. 1994 Dodge Intrepid. The best car I'd ever had for 3 years...then it fell apart at the seems. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color=blue>Speaking of 'stangs, I had a '69 Mustang that I wish I had never sold for a mere $500 [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] It had the bigger tires on the back and it was a Chevy blue. The fly wheel went out and I left it in the middle of the street and it got towed. I then sold it.

My worst car was a '55 Plymouth with 3 on the column [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] I am dating myself here [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I now have a Toyota Tundra, and prior to that I had 6 4Runners. I need the Tundra to haul exercise equipment.

Oh by the way, I am a car buff [img]wink.gif[/img]

Val

</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I'm not a car buff per se. Can't tell one from the other anymore but in the golden age of the automobile I always knew what I was seeing. A Ford looked like a Ford. A Chevy looked like a Chevy, etc.
    My first car was a 57 chevy and I also had a 59 chevy. Loved them both too. I still love those old (55-59) Chevy's.
    Right now I'm driving a classic 76 Chevy Chevette!
    It gets me from here to there just fine thankyou!
    Later.
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Hey Gus,
    I also had a chevette back in the day. Then a Geo Tracker (had it for 7yrs!) I drove it into the ground! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] Now I'm a Honda girl! [img]smile.gif[/img] Had a Civic but now I drive a Passport. Don't wanna drive anything else!

JetRnk

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went from the intrepid to a 2000 subaru forrester and
    we got rid of the hyundia for 2002 maxima.
    The maxima is a strong car and great on the high gear accelration. It's a fight at the Charlie C house for the maxima for sure. The Subaru is great but if your in for more than an hour or so it's not so comfortable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The worst car I every had was a 1984 Ferro. Trust me it looked really good and I looked good in it when it was broke down on the side of the road. It didn't take long to have a guy stop and help me with that piece of junk. It was a car my ex-husband bought me. Need I say more....
    Dawn [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Was that a pontiac? They were funky for sure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes it was a Pontiac.. Had it was horrible always breaking down on me..
    Dawn

EllaNoise

Ahh memories... My first car was a'63 Chevy Belaire, with a 192 2 barrel carb, 3 on the tree, Her name was Granny. She wasn't very fast, but she could almost climb a tree. I paid $300. for her in '73, and drove her until '79 when she gave up the ghost with over 2 hundred thousand miles on her 6 cylinder block. I lived in Westmont, A suburb of Chicago and all the Salt on the roads finnaly rusted her old body and under carrige out... R.I.P. Granny
    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dawn, you were not alone with the fiero fiasco.
    Who ever I knew that had onre said the same thing.

My real "1st" was a family car I used to drive until got squatters rights to it. I called it "THE MAGIC BUS". It was a 1972 pontiac bonnivelle. It was a big boat with a 455 engine.
    It was not fast by any stretch but I always tested the big engine. Boy was my dad mad when he had to replace a tranny within 6 mos to a year of me getting my licsence. A fee too many transmission drops [img]wink.gif[/img] The 70's what crazy times, cruising with friends doing nothing, hey don't bogart that........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast