Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My first car was a 1959 Triumph TR3-A, bright red, adorable, too many electrical fires.

My best car ever was a 1958 Jaguar XK150, royal blue, red leather, very fast, drank oil like a camel.

I currently drive a '97 Jeep Wrangler, good on the beaches at Nantucket, lousy on highways, but I don't drive much (commuter train).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My real "1st" was a family car I used to drive until got squatters rights to it. I called it "THE MAGIC BUS"........ The 70's what crazy times, cruising with friends doing nothing, hey don't bogart that........</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hey Charlie,
    We called my '57 "the magic bus" too. We'd even stop at all railroad crossings! Freaked out the tailgaters big time!
    Talk about buzzing around town I had one of those Datsun Honeybees for quite a while!
    Later,
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

EllaNoise

... MY CAR - Chapter 2...
    My second car was a 1966 Volkswagen Beetle, Her name was Doobie. She had once upon a time been a pretty red, But by the time I took possession of her, She was more rust and primer than red. I had a state of the art stereo, It had both an 8-track and a cassette player with an AM-FM stereo with an under the dash amplifier with 25 watts of power...Wow.
    I only had Doobie for about a year before...Well, Let me start from the beginning. As another Chicago winter started filtering ice and slush upon us, Poor Doobies linkage became frozen up so bad that to drive it I had to tie a rope around the brake pedal and the other end around the clutch and threw it around my shoulders, When I had to shift gears I had to pull the rope to release the clutch pedal and the same thing to disengage the brakes.
    I worked as a security guard at a large factory in Downers Grove (West of Chicago), I think it was the winter of '81 and Doobie got me to work during a bad snowstorm. I had to park down at the end of the lot until 2nd shift left at midnight. After everyone left I went to move Doobie up close to the Building but she wouldn't start, No big deal I thought, I would get a jump start the next morning and be on my way. Wrong... About 2:00 in the morning The snow plows came on the lot and started doing what snow plows do, Except at the end of the lot where poor Doobie rested They piled snow about a foot high all the way around the Bug. Next morning we couldn't get close enough to put cables on her so I had to leave her, Expecting the next night to slip out between rounds and dig her out. Wrong... During the day it snowed and then it snowed some more. That night, Guess who showed up before I could go and shovel my beloved Doobie out. Yes it was those dasterdly snowplow dudes, and by the time they had pushed the snow from the west end of the lot down to the east end where it became piled around My Beetle... I think the second night the snow was about 4 feet thick and pushed up as high as the windows. Over the next several days the weather and those snowblind animals buried Doobie until all that could be seen was the shiny ball on top of her antenna.
    Doobie suffered in her frozen cavern for a couple of weeks until the office people said it had to be moved. I contacted a tow truck service to rescue her, But due to the thaws and freezes that accompany winter she was frozen to the ground and in extracting her body, Jimmy the one eyed towtruck operator (I'll save that story for later) caused her grave and serious damage to her body, so after removing the stereo system I had her body laid to rest at Jimmy's Used Auto parts out in Joilet.
    R.I.P. Doobie [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ella, what a heart breaker. A sad end for Doobie.
    Great music, thanks again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My first car was an UGLY UNGODLY LOOKING Olive Drab Mustang 2. I have never hated a car more than this one. It always c-r-a-p-p-e-d out on me in the middle of snow storms at the worst fricking time. [img]mad.gif[/img] You know- right before a date with thee perfect person in the world(What am I saying that's ME), the party of the century...Yeah- this car had that kind of timing. I hated this car and was thrilled to get rid of it when I did!
    Ahhh- the memories, this car has made me appreciate all my other cars! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ December 19, 2002 05:19 PM: Message edited by: sparklelynx ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12