Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tyme how cool. I have seen Joan live many times since the early 80's. Met her once she was nice.
    What's sandy like? Getting back to California music etc. You were fortunate to see those bands. I was of concert age in mid late 70's. I have seen some amazing shows. But missed that whole vital period.

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have met Joan a few times also, and yes, she is very nice. I just recently saw Joan in Albany New York, I will scan a few pics and put them on the board later, the show was awesome as always!
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] - NYJ -

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was fortunate to not only see most of those bands, but I knew some of the members. My step dad was Bob "The Bear" Hite in Canned Heat. So my exposure to many within the music world then was great. A great deal of my time was spent with Black Oak Arkansas. I met those boys when they first came out to California. From Spirit, I went to school with Ed Cassidys daughters, worked for Neil Youngs first wife, Susan, rode horses with Chris Hillman, Bernie Leadon, and Mike Clark.

I never thought much about all of it, because it was just a way of life for me, being around these people and around the music scene. I was never one to be a star struck fan...I didn't think of them in that way. Today, I am much the same way. Some of my clients are entertainment people, and to me they are just people, who have a talent. Although, when I met Mike Piazza, was the first time I ever felt star struck. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I am a huge baseball fan and card collector. Mike is my favorite player because he was the virtual underdog when he came up in the minors-62nd round draft choice. Ok, I have rambled enough [img]eek.gif[/img]

Val

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Val, speaking of canned heat one of my favorite discs is "hooker n heat". Hey your forutnate to have had some great experiances. I'm not a star struck person either per say. I just find it interesting. Hey to make a living with your art form, sharing your art form and letting people join you in that celebration and allowing them to have that connection for that evening and the time leading up to it etc....what fun. The **** with corporate!
    Hey Jett Setter how many shows and tours have you seen for Joan. I have been to a lot NYC and CT
    NJ and Mass. Show from the tour for alblum up to 1998 1999. I'll bet we have been at many of the same shows. Lot's of New Years eve's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have always had great respect for people who can take their passion and turn it into their job, and make a darn good living doing it. It takes a special personality to get onstage and perform, basically pouring your soul out in song most often, to many strangers.

I have many great memories of those days...and friends who have passed on still live through their music. My good friend Ruby Starr still sends chills down my spine when I hear "Maybe I'm Amazed" from the King Biscuit Flower Hour long ago.

Val

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

The book is a page turner! Big time!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Val [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    That is so cool! I have been a big fan of alot of those talented people you knew! I loved the Bear and the Blind Owl! Canned Heat Boogie is an all time favorite. Did you make it to any of the really big rock festivals?
    Did you meet Roger McGuinn? One of the really great ones! IMO
    Thanks 4 sharing [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, Val lastnight after reading your comments I put on some canned heat. Like Gus said thanks for sharing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since I was in California, I did make it to Monterey Pop Festival, but NOT to Woodstock.
    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] since it was way too far for a high school aged girl to travel.

I was at the first California Jam, when my buddies Black Oak Arkansas performed there.

I never met Roger, but I did meet Graham Parsons.

Remember the Flying Burrito Brothers [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Val

Gus-It was my brother that found Alan Wilson behind our house, when he commited suicide. Heat was suppose to leave on tour and no one could find Alan. He use to hang out in a make shift camp above our house, since he was so into nature. That was a sad day [img]frown.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ July 25, 2002 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Tyme2Play ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Val, my thoughts are with you. Even though time passes those are definitely tough memories to bring up.
    Who did the quitar work for Black Oak?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast