Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was just wondering if anyone here besides myself saw this CCult CClassic in the theater in 3-D. It was WILD! We all got those little glasses, and as a kid going in to see it, I had no idea Cherie was going to be in it, what an awesome surprise! (That thing on her leg, Bleugh!) Anyway, it was a fun movie, and one of two I've seen in the theaters in 3-D.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Hey JettFord!!!
    I SAW IT!! I SAW IT!! [img]eek.gif[/img] ... in a theatre with some friends and was mortified!!!!
    Not one of my FAVORITE films baby!!!
    [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]
    Anyway.. I thought the beginning with the pipe dripping blood was kinda fun though!! [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]
    I send my love to you!
    Kisses,
    Cherie

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ May 18, 2005 11:28 AM: Message edited by: CHERIECURRIE ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Howdy Frank!
    I would love to see it in 3D the way it was meant to be seen!

Maybe some day, some how?!?!
    [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never saw "Parasite"But 2-weeks ago I rented on VHS "Wavelength". I though it was real good, But my fav-is foxes...Also 2-nights ago Robert Plant was on channel 13 public television station Taking about his new tour & album. And he made a small mention about the "Spinal Tap" movie and how he, thought it was a trip of a movie. And that he got a kick out of it.........Pretty kool...............Eric [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Foxes" is, of course the ultimate. I had just never seen Parasite mentioned here much, and as a kid, with those 3-d glasses....Well, there's this one part, (I'm kind of giggling like a 9 year old as I remember this) where the thing (the parasite) POPS out of this woman's face; I remember being P E T R I F I E D!
    Cherie, it may not be one of your faves, but it was such a TREAT to see you in my favorite (at the time) genre, as I was a horror movie/Runaways fanatic ! The blood coming out of the pipe was a blast! I also remember this one part we laughed at, where there's a shot of gasoline prices on top of the pumps in the backround, and being that they were so high in real life back then, the film-makers had a shot of them being something like $100.76 per gallon. WELL we're not too far off from that in "real life" today, are we!
    I think I'm going to pick up a copy of this CCult CClassic!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

It slithers. It slides. It nibbles. It gnaws. It burrows through skin to set mind and body on fire. It's PARASITE and it's coming to get you!

The one and only Cherie Currie stars with Demi Moore in this harrowing, futuristic portrait of a world gone mad. And bugs gone big.
    A lab accident unleashes genetically engineered parasites that grow to gigantic proportions...and threaten to infest every living thing.
    Today, the neighborhood.
    Tomorrow, the World!
    hiding
    Gus

SCHEMESofNEON

[img]eek.gif[/img]
    Horror films are my favs! Gotta see this one!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Saw Parasite a loong time ago and didn't think there was enough Cherie in it. And who's this no talent actress Demi What's-Her-Name doing stealing the limelight?
    Foxes was good, but my all time favorite Cherie movie is Wavelength. Thought her acting range of emotions was outstanding. For me its how actors/actresses emotionally react to things they are faced with that make or break a movie for me. Now if they'd just get Wavelength on DVD!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who was in PARASITE? I must have only been 6 years old when that movie was released.

All I really remember is the worm hiding in someones pants, not much else. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Inactive Member imported_Al_Bundy's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw this to back then, don't remember much about it though. I was looking at the imdb listing for this movie and only recognize two of the cast, Cherie Currie and Demi Moore. Just a bit of trivia, unless my info is wrong, this was Demi's first movie role. I did see Foxes and remember that one better. Like the scene in the grocery store, where Cherie flirts with a man doing his shopping and he crashes his cart into a display. And there was of course the accident and hospital scenes [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] . I also remember that Cherie did get good reviews for her work in Foxes. As for Wavelength, embarrassed to say I never saw it or Rosebud Beach Hotel, and I did see a lot of movies back in the 80's. Oh well, I couldn't see everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast