Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am having computer problem, & i can't figger it out. I have become infected with something that redirects my homepage & will not let me access my hotmail.
    If have a bit of tech savy maybe you could PM me.I would appreciate any help offered.

Roger

4Jettheads

Hmm, depends. Be easier if I was next door in the land of Lincoln. You may have a link read problem from the server or that withstanding, run a virus scan. There's a buncha little buggers out there now that cause minor problems in your hard-drive. Any of the major programs, Norton, Sophos, etc. will pick it up. What main program are you using on your hard-drive ? IE: Windows 98, 2000, whatever. Makes a difference. I had a chick corrupt one of my floppy disks by using a Word 97 program on documents I'd saved on Word 2000. The program language is different on them. Ya know what they say, it's the little things that count. Lemme know how ya come out. We'll go from there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I don't know if it's related to your hotmail problem but something got into my computer too and now I can't stay logged in normally on Yahoo and eBay. I can not even bid on eBay right now. They have been trying to help me figure it out and still nada.

I don't even wanna think about some of the CCool stuff I've had to pass up already but, I'm saving money, which is good, I reckon!
    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My local tech type person informed me that i was infected with a redirecter that sent my normal MSN home page to "Go Search". He directed me to google "CWSHREDDER" for a freedownload. I did and with in 10 minutes after I had downloaded it, It had found the problem and deleted it for me and sent my home page back to normal.

regoR

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Very good ROGEr! I'm glad your redirector got redirected to the recycle bin!
    [img]graemlins/computer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now if I could figure out why my line in signal ain't getting to my cd burner, I'd be in hog heaven [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess I'm gonna half to go to college to learn to work this darn thing!
    I can't get my In-line to record.
    I went to friends site and tried to down/load a photo but it keeps popping up as a "bitmap" and all my other images are jpeg, and I can't figger out if I can change it with out a converter.
    I also added a DVD burner and my computer says I see It, But It won't let it work.... If it ain't one thing, it's a dozen others [img]eek.gif[/img]

rOGer

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

And it ain't cheaper by the dozen either, is it Rog!
    Hey, when you click on SAVE AS you have the option of saving a photo as a jpeg or a bitmap image.

How's that for tech help?!?!
    [img]graemlins/computer.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by gus danger:
    I don't know if it's related to your hotmail problem but something got into my computer too and now I can't stay logged in normally on Yahoo and eBay. I can not even bid on eBay right now. They have been trying to help me figure it out and still nada.

I don't even wanna think about some of the CCool stuff I've had to pass up already but, I'm saving money, which is good, I reckon!
    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh miracle of miracles! My problem resolved itself!
    I can bid on eBay again! Yippee Yahoo works good too!

I just won 'Roots Of The Sex Pistols' and for only $1.99!!
    It's a various artists compilation and includes Cherry Bomb by The Runaways!

More later!
    [img]graemlins/computer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations Gus Man. Ain't it funny how these 'puters work. [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Is that the Cd that came with the UK magizine "Mojo"?

I'm glad yer back on the shopping cart, Dude [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] . Good Huntin'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast