Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What's been in the your CD case or player this week?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hey Charlie,
    Thanks a lot for the info! I guess I didn't miss much then. I thought I'd transcribe some of Cherie's comments from her appearance on the Sally Jesse Raphael show for you since you said you'd love to hear her rap about her thoughts and experiences with substance abuse.
    The show was aired on March 6,1990. Cherie was on a panel of former users who got clean and sober and were now involved in counseling others!
    Sally held up her 'Neon Angel' book to promote it at the end of the show. I wish I had the whole show on tape! Cherie looked absolutely stunning!

"You can have a good life. The best life you could ever have. The best life you could ever imagine having and that is being sober and there's nothing like it and it's something you can always have and hold and be proud of."

>What's so great about being sober? I have problems!

"Yeah well we all do but you can deal with them sober. When you're using you can't deal with anything. Everything is such a big deal when you're using!"

"It is a process. A long process and it's worth the pain. It's worth going through those childhood insecurities as an adult!"

>Sell Me!

"Here I am! (She stands with her arms out as the audience spontaneously cheers)
    Four and a half years!"

"You have a sense when you're talking to somebody. I mean anybody knows when somebody is high usually but you know we do become so good at covering it up."

"First of all it's so terrifying to change your life and think well what am I gonna be if I do get straight? You know, who am I gonna be?
    And the thing is that we're here to say that, My God, you know, I'm so glad I did it. That there is life out there clean!"

>Are you happy?

"Oh..I am so.. happy! I have never been so happy!"

God Bless You Cherie [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Later Charlie,
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    GD

[img]graemlins/hug.gif[/img] s not drugs [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Gus. Cherie would be great to rap with on other issues as well. Her turning things around is not only great for her but an inspiration for others.

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ya know what, I'm going to check Sally's website and see if I can order a copy of that tape, I will let you all know in future posts. Ya never know, that's what I did when Joan was on the Rosanne Barr show, and I have it, if you all want to see it. I probably won't be able to make copies until the first of the new year. I'm going to be getting a double vcr player for christmas from santa [img]wink.gif[/img] - NYJ - [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Put me on the copy list for sure.
    My CD case got fat this week. I traded in some old discs and got:
    NO SECURITY Live Stones from the last tour and it rocks. Usually I am wary of the post tour live stuff from the stones but if you see it on sale etc or are just in the mood for good stones take the plunge.
    NOT FOR BEGINNERS Solo effort from Ron Wood. good.
    Live in a classic city. Wide spread panic live 3 disc set. Good fun jam music.

PAST LIVES 2 disc set of live Black Sabbath from the golden era of Ozzy 73-78. I had always heard sabbath was a hit or miss act etc. But this set is amazing, they must have dug deep into the road tapes. This is a must have if you like your music heavy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Great idea NewYorkJettster. I never thunk of that!
    If no tape is available a transcript might be so good luck.
    I sent for a transcript from Donahue once when Ringo was on, now that I think about it!
    I think I'll listen to 'Ringo' the lp tonight when I get home. Closest thing to a Beatles reunion (all 4 were there) there ever was! A GREAT album any way you look at it!
    Later,
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey sorry to give you this info. But I tried to do get that video and Sally's show gave me a reply that they no longer had that on file...Sorry I really wish I had it too. I do DARE programs and that would be great to show.
    Dawn

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh well, guess that's out then. Thanks for the info Lilmoma! - NYJ - [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

EllaNoise

... I guess Dolly Parton has a new cd out and she does a cover of Led Zep's "Stairway to Heaven"... Truth is stranger than fiction. ehh

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK, in the cd player at at the moment are Nelson - Because They Can, Japanese version of Bon Jovi's These Days, Uriah Heep - Acoustically Driven, Mostly Autumn's The Story So Far and the Austrailian version of Trisha Yearwood's Real Live Woman. The UH & MA cd's I picked up at the Classic Rock Festival in NJ this past weekend. And yes I completely forgot to sign my last guestbook entry. [img]smile.gif[/img]

sCott a Rocket Master

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hey Dawn,
    I only caught the tail end of that Sally show and I was editing with the pause button while recording so all I have is a three minute badly edited version. The comments I transcribed are her only complete statements on the tape.
    If this would be of use to you anyway let me know and I'll see about getting it to you.
    Cherie [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] can do a lot of inspiring in 3 minutes!
    Like I said before I wish I had the whole show.
    Even a transcript would be nice!

Hey EllaNoise> I've got to hear that Dolly Song! ASAP if not sooner!
    Wassup sCott How you be?
    Today I'm listening to nothing but Cherie [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    And loving it [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Later,
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus