Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After reading Cherie's post about the Queen Mary, I thought I'd start a topic where you might relate any strange things that have happened to you this time of year.

A few years back I was working the Midnight Shift at the Jeep plant in Detroit.
    Now Detroit is not to good at keeping up with their street lighting maintance and for some reason alot of Detroiters run around at night wearing dark clothing,so it is wise to drive slowly.

One foggy Autumn evening I was making my usual drive into work when I ran into a thicker patch of fog. As I'm driving though it I notice even a thicker patch of fog coming from the center of the road.

Dismissing it as a steam vent I keep driving right thought it and all of a sudden it felt like my Truck had just run something over. Stopping quickly, I got out of my Truck looked around to see if I had just hit someone. I didn't see anyone laying in the road and no damage to my truck so I continued on to work.

Now here's the strange thing.

The next night on the way to work,the street lights are all working and I stopped at the same spot to see if it was just a steam vent.
    To my surprise, I found out that there are no steam vents on that road.
    So what did I hit? I dont know!
    To this day I wonder if someone died on that spot one foggy night years ago. I guess that poor Spirit is sentenced to get run over and over and over again for eternity.

So whats Your story?

Gregg

[img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Only one story, that I was actually too young to remember, so it might not count. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

When I was a baby, we lived in what was later related to me as a "haunted house", but not haunted by a malevolent/trickster ghost. The ghost was friendlier, more maternal. Not the nightmare-ghosts movies love so dearly.

My mother was feeding me in a high-chair when I looked up into the hallway and asked some baby-talk gibberish question to whatever it was I saw. My mom looked also and saw the "ghost", just a shadowy figure/"vapor" of a woman watching over us. It faded & dissolved-away a few seconds after we took notice. Hehee, too fleeting for my mother to run & grab a camera...

Like I said; was too young to remember that incident myself, but my mother tells me about it whenever "weird encounters" crop-up during family get-togethers. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Inactive Member imported_Al_Bundy's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well hello Cherie and everybody, it's been quite awhile since I last posted here. Saw this thread and thought I would share a few of my experiences. Doing so will probably give me nightmares, or at least creep me out for a day or two, but anyway.

A couple incidences occurred back about 1972 in this old house my family was living in when I was about 11-12 years old. We all mainly used the main floor, but there was an upstairs with additional bedrooms as well were we just stored stuff. Anyway, in the middle of night I woke up and heard footsteps slowly coming down the stairs. About the same time, I heard my mom or dad moving about in their room. The footsteps stopped and started back up the stairs. And I rolled over and went back to sleep. On another occasion, it was evening, I was home alone in the livinngroom playing my records. The door to the upstairs was left ajar, it was closed but not shut properly. Anyway I'm playing my records when the door to the upstairs gently, slightly, nudges open and back. It did it a second time. I turn on more of the lights, close the door and shove a breadknife to keep the door shut. My sister claims to have seen an old man walking around the place.

When I was really young, about age 2 at best. We all lived in this old old house in the middle of nowhere. From time to time the lights would flicker and dim. One night shorlty after my older brothers and sisters had gone to bed, one of my older sisters starts screaming and running out of her bedroom saying there was something pressing down on her chest.

Jumping ahead to 1975 in the apartment we were living at the time. Again I was home alone, it was evening. I was in the living room either watchig tv or playing records. I was sitting on the carpet. Behind me was the dining area. To the left was the kitchen. When the kitch light was on the counter would cast a shadow just into the livinng room. Well, I was on the floor sorting my records or whatever when I glance to my side where the shadow of the counter was. I not only see the shadow of the counter, but I also see the shadow of something small croutching on the counter watching me, and the shadow moved. I grabbed my coat and got out of there as fast as I could. Scared the you know what out of me.

One last incident. I woke up in the middle of the night. My hand was outside the covers, a moment later it felt like someone or something laced its fingers between mine at the joints, and those specific spots went ice cold.

There, that pretty much covers my experiences. Yeah, sure, I'm gonna sleep tonight.

Al

Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well The Paranormal is one of my favourite subjects so get ready for the whole treasure trove...

Since I'm a Civil War buff, I took a little trip to Gettysburg, PA where on July 1-3, 1863, General Robert E. Lee on the search for supplies for his Army bumped into General Buford's group and set off the monumental battle....

Also saw a lot of carrion birds over the Peach Orchard battlefield. It is said they can still sense the smell of the many dead men and horses that fell that day...

Took a Ghost Tour later on at 9:00 pm and visited a haunted Orphanage, the Jenny Wade Home (The only civilian fatality during the battle) and the fence where Union General Sickles shot his cheating wifes lover, you can still sense a deep chill whenever you pass that fence

Also speaking of ghosts, I'm told the Orphanage by the National Cemetary is haunted by the ghosts of the children that were beaten by a cruel caretaker and visitors staying in various Inns downtown report hearing drumming, appearances by soldiers, and held down by hands that do not want them to get hit by rifle fire from the US & CSA forces...

In fact at the Devil's Den Battlefield if you stay till dusk you can witness the appearance of ghostly soldiers still tramping about the battle area... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

One legend tells of a Artifact digger who was found on the battlefield babbling out of his mind and his metal detector smashed to bits...

After they got him sedated, he told the doctors his detector went off and he dug until he found the corpse of a dead soldier still clad in his uniform...Said digger saw some insignia & buttons he wanted and figured the deceased had no further use for them...As he was removing them with his pocket knife, a bony hand rose and gripped his hand...

After which, he claims his mind went blank...Never disrespect the dead...even at Gettysburg... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here's more....

I've personally experienced what most people call Precognition. I find myself thinking about certain people like relatives and then the phone rings and its them or I recieve a mail in the post.

Also I find myself thinking about certain celebrities and then I hear on the Radio or TV that they have passed away.

When my Dad was in the USAAF back in WW2, he was offered a lift on a Martin Mariner to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida similar to the one the allegedly disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle.

The offer was tempting since he could hit town earlier on a 48 Hr Pass but for some queasy reason he said no and opted to take a bus up to FL. Later he heard the plane exploded due to some careless Marine lighting up a cigarette next to the gas tank.

Many other veterans of WW2 also reported have a sudden urge to get out of a certain foxhole or battle station on a ship before a shell landed there.

My Family comes from Chicago and is home to Resurrection Mary I and met many people who actually picked up Resurrection Mary and dropped her off at her Chicago resting place. Mary reportedly was a young Polish girl who died tragically from a car wreck or hit and run and still walks the area in her prom dress.

Bob Welch of Fleetwood Mac related the following to me....

bob welch

Jim...I've never experienced the "hidden voice " thing......Personally , I'm about as psychic as a fencepost ;-) I have however seen the "table tipping" thing happen, when a table stands up on one leg and moves around of it's own accord etc. This happened in full daylight , in somebodys kitchen, with no tablecloth or any sort of mumbo-jumbo trickery evident at all.

At least that I could tell. My wife is also very psychic at times, and has told people things that she could have in no way known beforehand. My father appeared to my mother 10 years after his death many years ago and had a verbal communication with her.According to my (late) mother anyway

.. I also had one very odd experience after coming back from the Monroe Institute for the first time.. I heard the mailman drive his truck up, and I looked out the front window, like I often do, and sure enough, there he was, pulling up in front of the mailbox in his little van with the red white and blue USPS markings all over it. I thought "cool, I'll go down and get the mail" I wen down our front steps to the street and...no mail in the box. Looked up the street ; no sign of the mailtruck...Looked down the street; no sign (or sound) of the mailtruck. I thought, "this is impossible, I saw him pull up 5 seconds ago...I should at least be able to see him on the street". I then jumped in the car and searched the neighborhood...not a sign of the mailman. About an hour later , I AGAIN heard the mailman pull up. I went to the same window and looked, went down the steps etc. and this time , it WAS him, there was mail in the box etc. etc. I don't know if I had a full blown hallucination or what, but all this was in full sound color and motion.

The mailman ; very ordinary , but on that day the postman did come twice ;-) We also had some "orbs" appear on film after we had taken pictures after staying all night with a group at the "Bell Witch Cabin" in Adams TN. These "orbs" wrer typical of the ones you often see on tv shows when people exhibit pics taken in places bothered by poltergeists , ghosts etc.

Bob Welch

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ouija

There have been many eerie encounters after people have been using Ouija Boards...they stated they had objects fall off and smash upon the ground and visitations from long dead entities...

Also there were reports of people getting killed after using the boards...

So have any of you had strange experiences after using a Ouija Board ?

Well here's my input....

I bought one at a Flea Market 6 months ago and nearly got into a nasty collision with a truck...

Soon afterwards I threw it into the nearest trash can...

Nuff said

One time the brother of a girl I was dating at the time got together with a few of his heavy metal pals to use one to have a few laughs...

When one of them went to use the bathroom he let a out a huge scream and swore he saw something really hideous....

Afterwards they threw the ******** thing away and never pulled a stunt like that again...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a few stories but I'm off to work now. Will write some later!
    xx,
    Cherie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

File under - Spooky Weirdness!

Many years ago I had an undefinable experience, as I was driving past the cemetary one night, toward my humble abode, at 3:00 A.M.
    It was spooky and it was weird and when I tried to explain it to my best friend, the next day, he acted like I was some sort of basket case!
    Lesson learned...I never mentioned it again, to anybody!

Well, I've decided to throw caution to the wind on this topic tonight!

It was like this...Out of the darkness, some giant window seemed to open up next to my car for a split second. I could see daylight through it but the next thing I knew I was approaching my house and wondering if I had actually seen something back there. Was my imagination working overtime???
    When I walked in the house I noticed the clock said 4:00 and, sure enough, so did my wrist watch!

I had lost about 50 minutes and it has bugged me all of these years!

What in tarnation was that all about?!?!
    scared
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, Opium has a tendency to do that to ya Gus! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Try not to over fill the Hookah next time [img]wink.gif[/img]