Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Posted here by Gus Danger for his Art Town CChum Delvin Tew.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dear SuperGal fans,
    I am a little embarrased by my behavior, which was highlighted in a previous SuperGal story (The Chocolate Treatment) but I am now ready to resume my role as a serious News Reporter. Before my career was so crudely interupted I was about to report the story of 'SuperGal And The UFO' and if you'll give me this opportunity I promise I'll maintain my dignity as I tell you the first part of this BIG SuperGal story which I 'delved into' long ago.
    Anybody who "knows" part two is MORE than welcome to report it, so PLEASE don't wait. Don't hesitate. Jump right in and "report" it:
    <ul type="square">SuperGal And The UFO (part one) by Delvin Tew[/list]
    One night Cherie was driving down main street in Art Town and came upon a police roadblock. "What's up" she asked the officer who approached her car as it came to a stop. "Mayor Fan has declared a red alert" he answered hurriedly. "You'll need to get off the street immediately." He directed her toward a warehouse parking lot and told her to park her car and go inside.
    The parking lot was pretty full and as she walked into the place she realized there were dozens of her fellow citizens in there already. They were all listening intently to an emergency broadcast on the radio so Cherie moved closer and began to listen.
    ~~~~This is Mayor Fan. Art Town is under attack~~~~~
    ~~~~Go to your shelters immediately, if not sooner~~
    ~~~~There is a UFO with a deadly ray of some kind~~~
    ~~~~turning our fellow citizens into frozen statues~
    ~~~~Stay indoors and tuned into this station for~~~~
    Suddenly the radio went dead. Cherie knew she had to act and now!
    She began searching the premises for a moments privacy and found it behind a stack of pallats.
    Nobody noticed as she slipped behind them but they all looked up when this whirling sound started coming from there. Dust was being kicked up and it seemed to be glowing red.
    People were clutching each other in fear assuming the worst but breathed a collective sigh of relief when it was SuperGal who emerged from the dissipating whirlwind.
    "Thank God it's SuperGal. We're saved" they were all shouting gleefully.
    Just then everything got totally bright and they all became frozen!
    SuperGal was not sure why she was unaffected but she was the only one who was still able to move. She looked into the eyes of the man nearest by and saw no sign of life. Just then the doors flew open and a small army of BORGlike aliens stormed in.
    SuperGal froze and watched as the aliens appeared to be looking over their handywork.
    Speaking in what sounded like fingernails on a chalkboard two of them seemed to be looking for someone in particular. Sort of going from person to person with some type of scanning device and referencing some space-age palm pilot which beeped like a faint giger counter.
    Somehow, in their minds, SuperGal did not stand out in the crowd even in her shiny silver SuperGal jumpsuit! Go figure!
    They scanned her along with the others and never noticed she was faking the freeze.
    Then as quickly as they came they were gone and so was that bright light.
    SuperGal tried to "wake up" some of the people but they remained frozen solid.
    She walked to the door and looked toward the roadblock. She could see that all the officers were frozen too.
    SuperGal was totally incredulous about what was happening right there in Art Town. It was like some science fiction nightmare story was unfolding right before her eyes.
    Why were they attacking Art Town?
    Who was it they were looking for?
    Were her fellow citizens permanently frozen?
    HOW could SuperGal stop THIS?
    <ul type="square"> [img]eek.gif[/img]
    [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    DT[/list]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But as Supergal surveyed the crime scene, she
    notices an aroma of exhuast in the air and a fresh
    oil spot in close proximaty to the hovering craft.
    Could this have been man made? She also detected the odor of "kim chee" a korean formented cabbage loaded with garlic. These borgs could also be humans in disguise........

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I'll tell the next part Delv.
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    SuperGal could still see the UFO in the distance. It looked like it was "freezing" the drive-in movie theater now.
    Needing a higher vantage point she whistled for her faithful flying steed.
    In a matter of moments she was flying over the drive-in movie theater with her horse's cloaking device activated.
    The ground was totally lit up by the freeze ray and SuperGal could see the invaders searching car to car and around the snack bar area.
    She manuevered the horse closer until she could dismount right on top of the hovering UFO. The thing was huge and topside was very dark. The surface was slick, sloped and vibrating so using her special SuperGal suction grips and wristlight she searched for an entrance finding one after about 5 minutes. There were some hyroglyphics on it but her SuperGal universal data sampler didn't recognize it.
    Armed only with quick thinking and her SuperGal utility belt gadgetry she was prepared to enter the UFO!
    As she pulled the lever the door slid open. She could see only a small cylindrical metal room.
    Slowly she lowered herself in with the courage of an angel. The citizens of Art Town needed her now more than ever. She could only hope her ability to think on her feet would somehow prevail over the evil enemy within.
    She noticed the aforementioned aroma of exhaust and kim chee was very strong inside there. Then as the door slid closed another one simultaneously slid open exposing a long metallic hallway. The odor from the hallway was very strong but not unbearable and SuperGal proceeded toward the other end with Lazar Blaster in hand.

Who wants to tell the next part?

Go for it [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] z and [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] z!
    GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hi everyone,
    Gus frogot what happened when SuperGal reached the end of that long metallic hallway. So I told him I'd pick off where he left up!

SuperGal stepped on a floor panel which seemed to activate a low intensity light beam of some kind. Feeling she was being scanned she dropped down and took aim but nothing happened. The beam went off as she stepped off the panel.
    In a moment, a childlike voice came out of nowhere asking what she wanted.
    "I want to save Art Town from your freeze ray" she answered matter-of-factly.
    After a brief pause the voice replied, "I mean you no harm. The affect is temporary. Just go away and leave me alone."
    "I will not leave you alone! Let me in or I'll blast my way in," she retorted loudly with lots of incredulity in her voice.
    "NO, no, don't fire that thing in here! I'll let you in but only if you holster that Lazar Blaster," said the now fearful sounding voice.
    SuperGal said she'd holster it when and if she knew it was safe to do so but also promised she wouldn't fire it if everything was on the up and up.
    Suddenly, then, she materialized on the bridge of the UFO face to face with a baby boy. Sort of a 3ish looking toddler with obvious technological know how!
    He didn't walk around but floated throughout the room which was *****d with gauges, and gizmos the likes of which SuperGal had never imagined.
    The "child" seemed to be very shy and wouldn't look her in the eyes. Sort of acting like he was busy operating the ship. There was no one else on the bridge. No borg-like creatures. No crew. Just the boy.
    "Are you alone? Why are you freezing the good citizens of Art Town?
    Where are you from?" She asked repeatedly but got no response.
    "Okay I'm putting the Lazar Blaster away. Now talk to me, please! Tell me what this is all about," she eventually asked with a motherly tone which seemed to strike a nerve.
    "I'm from the other world" he slowly began. "It was once a wonderful world with lots of kids and their moms and dads.
    Our King was loved by everyone but he lost his mind one day and ordered all the moms and dads banished from the kingdom. Then he ordered the aging process to be suspended in all the children. I am actually 26 years old now and have an advanced science degree not to mention I'm a class 1 shuttle craft commander too.
    When that now hated and feared king passed on from natural causes last year there was anarchy and then a civil war broke out in the kingdom. Those of us who survived live in peace now and seek only our spiritual heritage.
    None of us "children" have had the nurturing we should have had from our moms and the evil king was the only father figure many of us have ever known or can remember.
    The king's borg army had guarded the borders and kept the kingdom isolated from the outside world for nearly 30 years. They have now been reprogrammed to help us find our parents. According to newly released official documents many of them came here, to this world.
    Like I said before the freeze ray is only temporary and your friends will not remember a thing when we leave here. I know those borgs are a little intimidating but they mean no harm, really!"
    SuperGal then asked, "have you found any of your parents yet?"
    "No we haven't" he replied. "It's like looking for a needle in a haystack."
    SuperGal's 'supermom' intuition suddenly kicked in right then and there and she started wondering about those borgs.
    "They ARE humanoid" she thought to herself. "Who were they before they were borged?
    What if it were to turn out that the missing parents and the borgs are one and the same?!?!?"

As reported by Delvin Tew

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Now I remember Delv!

That was when Cherie as SuperGal inquired of Capt Billy about that most peculiar odor which seemed to fill the UFO.
    He told her it was artificial atmosphere just like the real atmosphere where he'd come from.
    It seems their best "child" scientists could not even theorize as to the origins of it because there seemed to be no real cause for smog or pollution of any kind. "Everybody got use to it long ago" he said "but some of the older kids still say they can remember when the sky was totally clear and odor free.
    The King, on the other (upper) hand, always said they were just dreaming and that we should just accept reality and go about our business."
    SuperGal asked if she could interogate one of the borgs. Looking a bit bewildered he said "okay" and summoned CB4 to the bridge. When CB4 walked in he walked right past SuperGal without seeming to even notice her. Talk about having blinders on, eh? "He definately APPEARS to be humanoid" she thought out loud.
    SuperGal then removed her emergency SuperGal Oxygen Mask from her utility belt and handed it to the little Captain instructing him to tell the emotionless borg to breath from it.
    Billy seemed to have developed a childlike trust of SuperGal by this point and did as she said without question.
    CB4 followed Billys command and took deep steady breaths from the mask for several moments. Then suddenly, CB4 seemed to wake up. There was tears of joy in his eyes as he looked around and took everything in.
    He seemed to have trouble talking but eventually spoke the words "where am I?"
    SuperGal could see by the look on Capt Billy's face that everything was starting to make sense to him. He was seeing what had happened. He knew CB4 was one of the missing parents. He knew the King had lied about banishing them all along. The King had created the maloderous atmospheric conditions to turn the kingdom into a total prison.
    Actuating 3 levers on his control panel Billy opened several large windows allowing fresh air to flow in. He breathed deep and smiled and then told CB4 he could breath without the mask.
    He shook SuperGals hand and thanked her repeatedly. "The truth has been right under our noses all olong. We were too blind to see. Thank you SuperGal. I can see it all so clearly now and my people are in for one major reunion for sure!" CB4 looked at SuperGal and began to smile approvingly!
    Billy then pushed a few keys on his contol panel and suddenly SuperGal materialized back in Art Town. The UFO then just de-materialized.
    The people who had been frozen were all just back about their business. They didn't seem to even realize what had happened at all.
    Mayor Fan walked up to SuperGal and thanked her for, once again, saving Art Town. "Most citizens will never know what happened here SuperGal but those of us who do will never forget how you rose to the occassion."
    All of this happened 5 years ago.
    Capt Billy has found his parents who underwent an extensive de-borging procedure. He drops by SuperGals place every now and then when time permits. He is still allowed to use the shuttle-craft.
    He looks about 7 now and is a real "mommy's boy" these days!
    So anyway....that's about it for the "SuperGal And The UFO" story.

SuperGal would like me to pass this message on to the world though:

"Please remember. There really are such things as UFOs out there but chances are they come in peace so don't use lazar blasters on them except as a last resort!"

She also told me I should get my car fixed. It seems that oil leak charlie reported was from my car.
    Sorry about that,
    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus