Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I am a very happy CCamper because I finally won this magazine, on ebay, after several attempts!

Circus Magazine-November 25, 1976 issue

"The leading Rock & Roll Bi-Weekly...Features Cherie Currie of The Runaways on the cover with article/pictures AND a Full Color Centerfold Poster of The Runawys inside!"

Does anyone already have this magazine?
    I can't wait till it arrives to find out how CCool it is!
    Howzabout some details!
    [img]graemlins/clock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    Gus

SCHEMESofNEON

CONGRATULATIONS!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I HAD THAT MAGAZINE YEARS AGO-ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED... YOU'LL DEFINITELY LIKE THE CENTERFOLD POSTER!

p.s.
    when i looked at your post i was thinking the other "CIRCUS" with all the cute animals NOT the mag [img]confused.gif[/img] silly me

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hi SCHEMESofNEON [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    It's so great to see you posting here! I'm sorry it's sort of slow here at the moment but it does ebb and flow! I figger there is always more fun to be had and then the next thing I know there IS more fun being had! Tons of it sometimes, 4 sure!
    I enjoyed conversating with you in Cherie's Chat Room the other night by the way!
    Thanks for the CIRCUS information. Sorry to have a misleading topic title and all! LOL!

Hey I won on ebay again last night too. This time I won a promotional 8x10 from the Cherie Currie motion picture 'FOXES' and I AGAIN am one very happy CCamper!

Happy posting my friend!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I bought that magazine off the newsstand in '76.
    whew.

Crawdaddy has a nice cover of The Runaways too, from the same year of course. Bought that one too when it first came out.

Brian

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hi Brian,
    I wish I had been thinking back then. You are so lucky to have had that Circus mag all these years. I'm sure I'll enjoy mine too. I have heard of the Crawdaddy mag too and I'm trying to win it every chance I get. They both generally fetch a bundle of money. I was truly surprised nobody was bidding against me for a change on the Circus mag!
    Surprised AND happy!
    More later,
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I have a complaint! Oh sure it's about 27 years after the fact but if I had owned this Circus magazine back then I would've given those Circus people a piece of my mind for sure!
    Who, in their right mind, much less on the staff of this "leading Rock & Roll Bi-Weekly" would make the idiotic decision to use a really cool Runaways picture, as a center-fold poster, when Cherie is dead center and would, obviously, end up folded right in half. I guess her fans were supposed to be happy they didn't put a staple right through here face. There is one right through her neck though and you know how those folded posters are. No matter what I do to try to fix it Cherie's face and body are obviously creased right down the middle!
    Man alive, I swear, this would be an excellant poster but it was ruined by some Circus Clown who would be fired immediately if I ran that magazine.
    I am still half tempted to send them a letter and complain till I'm blue in the face about this lack of foresightedness and the, just plain, stupidity that this inane decision demonstrates.
    I'll bet they heard lots of complaints about it at the time though and deservedly so, if you ask me!

The article is typical but the poster could've been and should've been suitable for framing, even for someone who picked it up years later on ebay like.....
    oh I don't know.....like say.....<font size="3">MWAH!!!!!</font>

But anyway, the FOXES 8x10 I just got IS awesome! I love it!!!

More later,
    [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]
    GD

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ March 20, 2004 10:58 PM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

SCHEMESofNEON

Gus, sorry [img]frown.gif[/img] to hear about the disapointing news ... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] what about doing some touch-up work on it... theres alot of neat gadgets for things like that ..can't hurt to give it a try

theres always something at the end of a
    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    Crystal

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hi Crystal!
    Thanks for the advice! I have tried everything but seen very little improvement. If I look at it from across the room it looks okay but up close the flaw is obvious. I guess I won't be leaving it on display like I had hoped to do but that's alright. I'm still really glad I finally got the circus magazine!

I just received my latest winning too. It's the picture sleeve from Cherie and Marie's 'Since You've Been Gone' and it is in beautiful mint condition!
    Of coarse I already had the single but it's sleeve had some pretty bad ring wear so I am really happy to have found this mint replacement for it!

It's such an excellent photo of the twins, don't ya think?!?!?
    [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Gus Danger