Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

smore art

When you're a city dweller, you pretty much don’t ever go camping.

I could surely go to the local supermarket and pick up one of those Hershey’s S’mores candy bars, which includes chocolate and marshmallow and graham c`r`a`c`k`e`r. I could then go home and set up a little tent in my backyard and power up the flashlight and sit in the dark while listening to the freeway buzz away and eat my little candy bar and all would probably be fine.

I don’t wanna be fine. I want a real S’more. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

So I went down to the local supermarket and instead of buying the already completed S’more, I purchased a bag of marshmallows, a box of graham c`r`a`c`k`e`r`s and a bunch of Hershey’s chocolate bars. I paid for my items and raced home to start the "camping-out" campfire process.

Well, when you’re living in an urban jungle, the closest open flame just happens to come in fours. Four burners, that is. I powered up the front left burner (the front right just seems too far to the right) and opened up the marshmallow package.

I pulled out a plate, cracked a huge graham c`r`a`c`k`e`r in two, and placed four halves on the plate. I then took two Hershey’s chocolate bars and broke those up so that each of the two S’mores would have a layer of chocolate. Then I pulled out (in lieu of a branch from a tree in the wilderness) a fork, pierced a huge marshmallow and proceeded to turn it above the open flame.

Wallah! Instant indoor campfire! My S’more experiment was coming along nicely.

I, personally, don’t like the black marshmallows. I knew a bunch of kids in camptimes who used to say that eating the black stuff was great for you, but for me I loved the golden-brown marshmallow for my S’mores. And I was doing darn well, turning and rotating my fork above the flame as the white-devil began to turn a golden hue and expand and enlarge.

I eyed the plate. The chocolate and graham c`r`a`c`k`e`r`s. Waiting and ready. I licked my lips, hungry for the sweet nectar I was about to taste.

The marshmallow shivered around the fork as the flame heated up the insides of the sugary treat. I poked and prodded, making sure the marshmallow was in good shape, loose and ready and then pulled the fork away from the flame. Placing it atop one half of a S’more, I closed the other side on top of it, pulling the fork away from my now completed S’more.

I looked at the fork, which still had some gooey goodness on it [img]smile.gif[/img]
    and proceeded to stick the flaming hot fork with marshmallow residue into my mouth [img]frown.gif[/img]
    at which point I closed my mouth on the fork to scrape the candy from the hot metal spears.

I heard the sizzling of my lips before I felt the pain. The pain, that lasted a well over a week.
    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Some of you may call it just plain stupid. Others, like me, would call it hunger induced stupidity.
    And a few others might just laugh their a$$es off.

What say you?
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All i can say is bud you've made me hungry.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YEAH, [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO
    ROTFLOL
    I guess all the ladies will call ya sizzle lips now.Hahahhahaha

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

like forrest gump says," it happens"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice play, Shakespear. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL- lesson learned! [img]eek.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Thanks for chiming in folks! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think from now on when I crave S'mores I'll just buy those Hershey's Candy Bars!

smores

How bad can they be?!?!
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Gus