Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Dixie Chicks : Not Out Of The Woods Yet !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hey Rog,
    We're remembered by Katt.
    How COOL is THAT!!!

Drive by anytime Katt Lowe!
    yourock
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Gus...

You are too funny...of course I remember you!
    Have you seen my new website yet?
    http://www.connectwithin.com
    Make sure to turn up the speakers! [img]cool.gif[/img]

xo~

Katt

<font size="1">edited to fix url. </font>

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ June 10, 2006 10:56 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hiya Katt,
    Thanks for that link to your website! It's great to see you shining in your new profession!

Is that you playing the guitar with the cool sound effects, on there?
    I hope you never give up the old for the new totally! Good luck in all future endeavors!

Rock on Hypnotherapy Grrrl!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Dixie Chicks rock
    They are a really special group and their music is great. I love Natalie Maines voice and think the new album is very good. It really worries me though that people may be small minded enough to not appreciate their music because of what their politics are (be it right or wrong)
    I'm not gonna comment on what i think on the politics of the situation (though i love the fact that Natalie has balls - as Joan used to say - girls have balls , they are just a little higher up is all!)
    I wish The Dixie Chicks would play up here in the North East UK - i would be one paying customer who would love to see them!!!

Dave uk

P.S
    I hate to disagree with anyone , but Stevie Nicks loves TDC and made a lot of money from their version of Landslide!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Gus...

Thanx! I honestly don't know where I will go musically...all my friends think/say I am not done with it yet....LOL! Like Cherie, I have found something else that I really love doing as well...and in my case (not speaking for her)...maybe even more...because I get to work one on one with people and really get to know them....and help them. I must say the Energy work/healing blows their mind. I think that's my favorite modality because it feels so good!

That's not me playing the guitar...but I love the sound clip! Pretty Hypnotic [img]tongue.gif[/img]

xo~

Katt

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I had a job I loved once so I CAN believe it when you say you love what you are doing! Cherie certainly loves her chainsaw carving too, so I'll rejoice and say, it's all good!

But you will forever remain Rock Gals to me.
    Rock Gals "doing other stuff" that makes them happy!

and I wish you both nothing but the best!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katt, It's great too see you drop by!
    I love your disc and would love to hear more!!!!

The Chicks are fine, if there is an error it's with the the management of the chicks.
    The true fans will always be there but the ones that "follow fox news like a religion" may not be.
    The disc is selling strong, they should have done advance surveys or market research to see the strong area's. Hockey arena's are bg rooms.

The chicka are not a cheap ticket about $89-$90 in NYC at madison square garden.

How about in the hard areas where they have lost some support do multiple nights at a theater?

I am a big fan of the Allman Brothers, every spring they do the beacon theater in NY for about 13 shows. Average price is $75 a seat it's a 2500 seat room (I think).
    That's $187,500 per night x 13=$2.4 million.
    That's 32,500 seats sold. The size of 1 sold out hockey arena show plus 1/2 give or take.
    The chicks cans till reach the fans, they management just needs to watch the market.

The new disc is a gem.

Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    One thing I hope for is that the MARSHALL TUCKER BAND does another Counter Chicks tour in response...

TheMarshallTuckerBand

They really kick *** with FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN !

Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    With U.S. ticket sales slow, Chicks head north of border

Concerts may be reset or canceled in some cities

By RYAN UNDERWOOD
    Staff Writer

dixie chicks

They may not be running for elected office, but the Dixie Chicks appear to be struggling to work out a kind of political map of their own, heading for concert arenas where ticket sales are brisker and the fans may be more forgiving.

The pop-country trio ? whose lead singer Natalie Maines set off a firestorm when she criticized President Bush during a 2003 concert in London ? announced eight new concert dates in Canada and the Northeast for the first leg of their summer concert tour on Tuesday.

At the same time, at least 12 U.S. sites, concentrated mostly in the South and Midwest, have put ticket sales for shows on hold after they initially went on sale June 3.

Concert dates in cities such as Houston, Jacksonville, Memphis and St. Louis will likely have to be rescheduled or canceled. No cities have been dropped from the tour outright yet, organizers insist.

Ray Waddell, senior editor of touring for Billboard magazine, said while some places were selling only about 5,000 to 6,000 tickets in the first week of sales, tickets in other cities such as Chicago, New York and Philadelphia were selling briskly.

And the group added a second date at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto for late October after its first show there sold out in about eight minutes, Waddell said.

In Nashville, the group has sold more than half of the roughly 14,000 available tickets to its planned Oct. 3 concert at the Gaylord Entertainment Center, said GEC general manager Hugh Lombardi. When the Dixie Chicks played Nashville in 2003, Lombardi said, all the tickets were gobbled up the first weekend of sales.

"The 2003 tour was completely sold out," Waddell said. "It doesn't get much hotter than that."

That North American concert series grossed $60.5 million and landed the group at the No. 8 slot on Pollstar's list of the Top 100 tours of 2003. The Chicks sold a total of 867,000 tickets the first weekend they went on sale for their shows that year.

It was during that tour that lead singer Maines told a London crowd, "Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas." Immediately after the remark, many country radio stations stopped playing the trio's songs in protest and album sales plummeted.

The group had kept a low profile for the past three years until coming back onto the music scene this spring with a new album, concert tour and a shot of publicity that included a Time magazine cover and a segment on CBS's "60 Minutes."

The group's latest album, Taking the Long Way, was released May 23 and immediately shot to No. 1 on the charts, where it remains, having sold 526,000 copies in its first week. While strong, that figure is lower than the group's last studio album in 2002, "Home," which also made its debut at No. 1 with 780,000 units sold.

Gary Bongiovanni, editor of the concert-industry publication Pollstar, said shifting concert dates as the Dixie Chicks are doing isn't that unusual.

"I think the Dixie Chicks are being put under a microscope by the press because of the whole President Bush remark," Bongiovanni said. He points to a Mariah Carey tour in recent years that was scaled back from large arenas to more "intimate" locales after ticket demand fell short of expectations.

Tony Conway, president of Buddy Lee Attractions, a Nashville-based events company that once did work for the Dixie Chicks, said deciding which cities to visit on tour amounts to making a big educated guess.

"People can read into" the Dixie Chicks' tour changes "all they want," he said. "But this happens all the time."

Another factor that Bongiovanni and others said could be influencing ticket and album sales has to do with the group's continuing crossover from country to pop appeal.

For example, the trio's latest single, "Not Ready to Make Nice," charted at No. 23 on Billboard's Pop 100 chart and at No. 36 in the country rankings.

"Lots of country stations are flat-out refusing to play them or take their advertisements," Bongiovanni said, pointing to two major country stations in Atlanta that he said are refusing to accept ads promoting the group's planned Oct. 17 Philips Arena concert.

In Toronto, meanwhile, support for the Dixie Chicks remains as strong as it was when the group came in 2003.

"The support here has been consistent," said Casey Clark, who handles programming for CMT Canada and a Toronto country radio station. "There hasn't been any great surge in demand.

"There also hasn't been any backlash. People know what's going on with it, but really it's been a non-issue as far as the music is concerned." ?

www.thetennessean.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From MSN:

On June 15th, the Dixie Chicks will be performing in London as part of the promotional activities behind the international release of their new album, ?Taking the Long Way.? In recognition of this event, MSN will be broadcasting the 90-minute performance.

This sold-out concert is taking place at Shepherd?s Bush Empire, the so-called "scene of the crime" of lead singer Natalie Maines? infamous quotes regarding President Bush in 2003. This is the group?s first ever concert Webcast and part of their partnership with MSN Video to provide an exclusive, more detailed and intimate glimpse into their world.

Come back June 15th at 10 PM EST, 7 PM PST to view the Webcast. If you miss the show at this time, we will have on demand clips of the concert available to view for a limited time afterward.

MSN

I'll be there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast