Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UHmm HELP!

Ok this is quite embarrasing, but i must ask.

Cherie, not too long ago i decided to cut my hair into a similar style like your hair in 197o's..

However, my hair is kinda wavy with some volume and i have tried everything to get it to look as cool as yours in FOXES but i can't [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Any styling tips? [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Alma,
    I have no updates (at this time) or styling tips but I just wanted to say, I'll bet you look cute with that new hair style. Wavy or not!!!
    [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well likewise Alma. I have no suggestions regarding your hairstyle other than the pink seems to work well for you. Thought it used to work for Gwen Stefani too but everyone's opinion is different.

There's one question I can't resist asking you though. Did you replace the stock pickups on your Ibanez Iceman? I own the same exact guitar and did just that ... with closed coil Gibson Humbuckers. Thought I was being unique.

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ June 20, 2004 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Mister Frosty ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Blow dryer - highest setting
    VENT BRUSH (very important!)

If all else fails, try a straightening iron.

Try to get one of those old style blow dryers of the Con-air type with a ton of blow and crank it up to the highest. That gets the feathering you want. If you don't have a vent brush it won't work. This is the only thing that ever worked for me with wavy hair.

Of course, as soon as my hair was exposed to moisture or sweat on stage it was all over, but for pictures it was perfect. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Also, for some reason the blonde bits in my hair always feathered better, like a little bit of color/bleach improved the texture for this sort of thing.

Good luck!
    Mara

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Alma,
    Sorry this took so long sweetheart. I really don't know what to say about this situation. If you lived out here, I'd take you to my hair dresser but you don't so... eeccchhhchhh!!!!
    Good luck baby.
    xoxoxox,
    Cherie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow thanks Mara! well, my hair grew a bit and now it's easier to style. I use the dryer and round brush as well as flat iron on special ocassions, though normally i just leave it shaggy [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

About my guitar. I just left the stock pickups. They work really well with my rig. I did buy an inexpensive ibanez dx120 and i plan to replace pickups with some emgz. How did the gibson's work for u Mister Frosty?

Thanks for the nice comments Gus, ur always such a sweethearth!! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About my pickups. These Gibson pu's are perfect for this guitar and make for a nice biting distortion. They're the Tony Iommi series and not cheap. Normally $150 for each but I got them used and mailed to me from a stranger off the internet at no cost. Honest to God. Guy said he found Jesus and felt like doing a good gesture. I was amazed and sent him something for it anyway.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And don't forget all of the great styling products out there for straightening and smoothing hair! They'll give your hair lots of shine and help protect it from all that blow drying! Just make sure to buy the GOOD stuff from the stores that sell beauty products, not from the drug store. Do you have an "Ulta" out there? I can't live without that place!

Good luck!
    Sheri

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow frosty! That's awsome im so amazed someone would do something like that. I hear the Iommi pickups are fierce! If you don't mind me asking, what other guitars do you play?? [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Sheri, thanks for the advice! It is difficult to keep my hair moisturized after all the damage caused by blow dryin and straightening. I live in LA and i haven't heard of the store u mention. I'll check and see if they have a website and look for store locations [img]wink.gif[/img] Thanks for the tip!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

You don't need an ULTA to find good stuff, any good beauty supply store will do, and i KNOW they must have them in La La Land!
    REDKEN has always worked well for me - they have great stuff for dry, damaged, over processed, chemically treated hair - you name it!
    I like Tigi's Bed Head stuff as well - all that fun DUMB BLONDE stuff. (not just for blondes!)

A reconstructor would be great for you, and those nice deep conditioners like BUTTER TREAT by Redken. I also use "ADDICTIVE" (Redken) after I wash my hair - I use it as a detangler and do NOT rinse it out like it says to. It is $$, but a little goes along way and it will make your hair super soft and shiny. I wash my hair EVERY day and I put so much stuff on it to nourish it because it is highlighted with the almighty BLONDE!!!

Have fun!
    Sheri