Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know how you feel Cherie. I was doing pretty good with the Chantix but I ran out so now I have to start over.

With Mike in Iraq now and we may be walking out of work and striking at 11am Wednesday I dont know how much more stress I can take.

I just dont need a full blown stroke this time!

I'd fire my company back up but I just dont have any work lined up and I just dont know if my body can handle construction anymore!(Service changes anyone?)

So sorry to hear about your friends husband. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend and her husband!!

Be strong and keep trying to quit,I know I'm trying.

Hope your family is doing well!!

Love ya,
    Gregg [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

P.S. You have been forgiven [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
    Cherie001
    Now stop that smoking [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Except on stage of course!!....LOL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hang in there Gregg... things are tough all over the place. [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
    Hey Gus.. I have a friend that quit with an open pack in his drawer. He said it made him feel better. HUH??? I believe most smokers
    LIKE to smoke! It's like a love affair that goes wrong and even though you still love that person you're better off without them.
    xx,
    Cherie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

When I quit smoking, the only thing that finally worked for me was to actually carry an unopened pack in my shirt pocket the whole time. I figured I had to be able to be around cigarettes and resist the temptation to smoke them. I was around a lot of smokers back then too.
    Carrying the cigarettes around with me made it easier, somehow, but even after a whole month, I woke up one morning and without a second thought, I opened that pack and started smoking again.
    Later that day I threw away the last few cigarettes! I couldn't believe I had smoked again but I've never smoked since!

Keep on keeping on Cherie!
    You are still doing great!
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

PS I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's husband.
    Sending my thoughts and prayers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now if they would make a patch for those of us who want to quit eating so much!lol Congrats on the quitting smoking. I quit when i was 16 ,my mom quit when she got asma[sic] . Dad still smokes unfiltered cigs everyday. But he's smoked since he was 12 and is in better shape than me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's that "what if" factor. Some people can smoke for years and years and never have any negative side effects. But then there are those that aren't so lucky.
    God gives you free choice....you can do what ever you want. But you run the risk of something negative happening.
    I had a really hard time quitting. I used to call myself a professional quitter. I smoked since I was 12 years old, and finally quit at 31. "They" say quitting smoking is harder than quitting heroin. I don't know how "they" tested that, but I hear it alot.
    I quit in December. Had a few fall backs during January (because of marital issues that have been resolved, thank God). But I am glad to say that I have not purchased a cig since December and probably haven't smoked since January or February.
    Life is hard. Sometimes coping is hard. But remember that no one is perfect, and if anyone judges you for falling off the 'wagon' then that is on them...not you. Stay strong Cherie, and don't worry about what anyone thinks....you do this for you.
    Everyone here loves you and none of us will ever judge you.
    Peace and Love to you, my friend.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

That's telling it like it is Cherie! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    I was one of those people who "liked to smoke" until I got Valley Fever. That's when I decided I liked breathing even more but even then, quitting the habit still took awhile!

Wow! That was a wonderful post Kelly! I'm so glad my daughter has grown up to have such a beautiful heart!
    Hey, what's this about smoking when you were 12?
    You are so lucky I didn't catch you!

Good luck to everyone quitting the tumor causing, smelly, puking habit!
    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kelly... You are my (and your dad's) hero!!! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    God bless the children!!!
    xx,
    Cherie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

She lights up my life for sure, Cherie
    and so do you!
    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awe, shucks! Thanks guys!!!

Yea, I smoked when I was 12. You knew I smoked at 14 though....remember I tried sneaking cigs in the bathroom before my shower, and you would find my lighter in there?? lol. I thought I was so clever!
    Sarena and I used to steal my mom's cigs and smoke them on the way to school in 6th grade.
    Then Michelle and i would steal Pall Mall's from the Circle K across the street and hide them under the steps in our apartments. One time my mom found brown cig butts floating in the toilet and she called me on it because her cig butts were white. I got busted so many times until you guys finally decided I was going to do it no matter what. I used to take my mom's brandy too. I used to replace it with water. She didn't know until recently that I did that. She told me that she poured herself a glass and it tasted like water....now she knows why!!!
    Kids! I need to keep my eye on Luke. My mom already gave me the "curse"...."I hope you have kids just like you!" Yikes!!! That is scary!!! At least I grew up. Daddy CCfan helped with that! Can you believe I have been with this man since I was 15??? Amazing what love does to someone!
    Anyways, I am bored...can you tell? Luke is sleeping, and Neil is in Tucson. I should go to bed because I have to wake up at 5am, but I am not tired. So I will just sit here and share my whole life story with everyone...lol! Just kidding.
    Good night all!