Thread: Taste of Cherie CD

DeeJay

Thanks for the CD which I ordered via this website which I just received today. Its fantastico so if your thinking about getting it or didn't realise it existed check out Cheries merchandise for sale page on this site. Its well worth it for the 9 songs.

Where does the song Jane Doe come from? It sounds familiar. Is it a cover song?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad you're enjoying it DeeJay!
    We've actually sold out of this version and plan to do another now, including some more tracks from Cherie that have never been released on record. These include a couple of fabulous studio recordings of songs that Cherie often performed live, but never released. (I'm not going to say which songs yet, we're keeping it a surprise while we're looking for the masters).

The song "Jane Doe" was written by Mara Fox for a film that never made it to celluliod. She was asked to write a song that corresponded to scenes in the script. We liked the finished product, so even though the movie was never made, we added it to our music library in case it may be appropriate for another film in the future.

Thanks for the note DeeJay! Enjoy!
    -Joe the rocketmaster

DeeJay

Hey thanks for filling me in on "Jane Doe". It sounded familiar but I mustn't of heard it before. Nice song Mara its really catchy.

OK I forgot to ask about "We're All In This Together". Tell me where this one comes from please ;(

Oh yeah and can you please put a studio version of "Bitch" on the next one if it exists? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by DeeJay (edited September 05, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey DeeJay!
    We're All In This Together" also has an interesting story. Cherie is an amazingly charitable soul...she appreciates life so fully, and has an enormous amount of empathy for those who touch her life. She wrote and recorded this song with her former band "Blue Canyon", and engaged the assistance of several of her friends in order to raise funds and awareness for AIDS charities.

The sampler does not credit the other vocalists, so I will do so here:
    Kenny Rankin, Sweet Pea, E.G. Daly, Robert Hays, Julie Ragens and Paulette Brown.

I'll have to ask Cherie and Mara for more details about the particpants (since I wasn't around back then) but certainly there are names you recogize there. We all know Kenny Rankin, but E.G. Daly seems to be somewhat of a well-kept Hollywood secret. The woman can melt you with her singing voice, but she is also an actress under the name of "Elizabeth Daly". I'm not too familiar with her acting resume but she has some very famous voice-over credits that include the voice of "BABE" the piggy in those two BABE movies, and she's one of the animated POWDERPUFF GIRLS!

Robert Hays is best known as the actor from the classic film "AIRPLANE" (and a million others!), but few know that he is also an accomplished singer and guitarist!

That little spit-fire Julie Ragins sings on this track and also the solo in the mid section of "Believe". She's in the process of completing her second indy CD which kicks butt...hmmmm, maybe she'll let us offer it through our site if I beg hard enough. You can see her in action on the cancer benefit page I posted last week: http://www.rocketcityrecords.com/cherie/benefit.html She's so cute!

Sorry for rambling DeeJay...these gals are all so talented I get a might carried away! forums
    Best Wishes,
    Joe the rocketmaster

[This message has been edited by rocketmaster (edited September 06, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As if I haven't rambled enough....
    We'll be releasing a live video very soon that includes Cherie singing that amazing song called "Bitch".
    It will probably be released under "Cherie Currie & The Mix - Live at the Viper Room in Hollywood". Keep an eye out for that. It's AWESOME!!!!
    -Joe the rocketmaster

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

COOL!! It is about TIME you guys released the VIPER show (or part of it any way!) I was going to ask you about that, Mara! It is AWESOME!! Cherie was kickin' out some major vocals that night!!!

Mara, what a beautiful song you wrote..."Jane Doe", like I said before, gave me CHILLS, and no one could possibly give better life to the song than Cherie herself - just amazing!

Also, about the song BITCH. Somewhere in my garage I have an album I bought a LONG time ago by a band called "WIDOW" (female singer) and they did that song. Did you write the song, Cherie? You sure sing the hell out of it!! Yowza!! xox! Sheri

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What's the track listing for this disc? It's not posted on the mechandise page.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi there,
    Im sure Elizabeth Daly is the blonde girl in "Valley Girl"(circa 1982 Nicholas Cage Vid),not the main one but her girlfreind. Time to dig out the old vids, will watch FoXes while I am at it :0)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Brawny...actually that version is sold out anyway. We're doing a new one, axing a couple and adding more tracks...currently digging through some masters to decide what to include. When we get that done, we'll make sure to give a track listing on the merchandise page.

SheriBomb, can you locate that record you speak of? We're trying to find out who wrote that song, Cherie has forgotten, and we need to pay royalties to the writer when we release that video.
    Thanks!
    Joe the rocketmaster

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Joe, I'll try to find it! It just may be in one of the boxes of VINYL (remember??) records in my garage! I am planning to rummage thru there today anyway so we'll see! "I'll don't wanna be an angel - I don't wanna be NICE!!!"