Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Young Buck pleaded not guilty Friday to assault with a deadly weapon at November's Vibe Awards. Jimmy James Johnson, the man Buck is accused of stabbing, has let a bomb drop. Johnson, who witnesses say started the brawl by punching Dr. Dre, allegedly told police that Suge Knight paid him $5,000 to pull the stunt. Suge, Dre?s long time rival, had previously been under suspicion but this is the first mark of his involvement.

Disillusioned Black Sabbath fans have launched a petition asking Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward to consider firing Ozzy on the grounds of his lack of commitment to the band over the last few years. They feel that Ozzy's lack of enthusiasm has been holding back the possibility of a new Sabbath album and that such an album would be more likely were the other members were to enlist a replacement.

Dave Davies of the Kinks is helping to aid the Tsunami Victims fund by selling four of his paintings. The guitarist created the art while recovering from a stroke last August in a London hospital. Check them out yourself at http://www.davedavies.com/new.htm

...Deep Purple alum Ritchie Blackmore had been getting a bad rap in England - but it's not really him. A man checked into a Southampton hospital and sold fake autographs saying he was the former guitarist from Deep Purple. Obviously it wasn't Ritchie Blackmore and British Police are on the lookout for the faker. As for the real Ritchie Blackmore, he has a show Feb.4th at the Grove of Anaheim and Feb 5th at Wilshire Theater.

Over 50,000 Beatles fans come to Penny Lane every year in Liverpool despite the fact that there is no statue or attraction on the street. The Liverpool City Council is changing that by giving over part of the local Grove Mount playing fields to the Penny Lane Development Trust, which has drawn up a $5.5 million plan to create a Beatles visitor center.
    City Officials want to build a restaurant, bar, a "Beatle" store and a recording studio.

Another Year Has Passed For David Ruffin (1941) and Bobby Goldboro (1941), Brett Hudson (1953), and today Adult film star legend Sharon Mitchell turns 49
    <marquee>Happy Birthday [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] To Youuuu!</marquee>

rogEr Da rePortEr

Hey Sporty, It must be the lights that make her look soo good [img]wink.gif[/img]

4Jettheads

Suzanna Hoffs? Woof Woof ! I'll walk like her Egyptian any day. I like their songs from the same album, September Girls and Angels Don't Fall in Love. Good tunes

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Thanks Walter....er, I mean rOgEr!!!!
    I think you've found your calling my friend!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sharon Osbourne wants to be a British MP (Member of Parliament) ? and is going to make a TV show about her stand for Parliament.
    The 52-year-old, who is married to Ozzy Osbourne, told the Daily Star that she will try and win a seat in London as an independent candidate.
    "I'm in the middle of writing a new TV show," Sharon told the newspaper."It will show me running to be a local MP, it will be in London, but I don't know for sure which borough yet because I am still thinking about it.

Bassist Timpa has officially left legendary Finnish rockers Hanoi Rocks. "My plan is to spend some more time with my family," he explained in an online posting. "I still love HANOI and I feel bad about all this, but in fact, I feel free."
    Hanoi Rocks have finalized the track listing for their new album, "Another Hostile Takeover", tentatively due on April 30.
    This will be the group's first album to feature guitarist Conny Bloom (SILVERGINGER 5, ex-ELECTRIC BOYS), who joined the band last year.
    According to published reports, "Center of My Universe" is a song that Hanoi Rocks guitarist Andy McCoy wrote sometime ago and but that has never released until now. "No Compromise, No Regrets" was originally a demo song written and recorded by Stiv Bators (The Dead Boys, The Lords Of The New Church) during a Paris session in 1988, while "Dear Miss Lonely Hearts" was originally penned and released by Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy) in 1980.

Kiss bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons is reportedly suing a film production company that recently released a DVD version of a 1980 Hong Kong kung fu movie featuring a villain whose makeup closely resembles that of his KISS character "The Demon". Asked by a fan via his web site if there are any plans for Kiss to sue over the movie, entitled "Bat Without Wings", Simmons responded, "Wait and see."

A petition to try and persuade Ashlee Simpson's record company to stop her singing live ever again has been launched.Already 65,000 people have added their names to it.
    The petition at www.stopashlee.com was set up after the 20-year-old star sang at a half-time football show earlier this month in Miami and was booed for her efforts by the 72,000 fans in the Orange Bowl stadium.
    The petition, addressed to Simpson's record label Geffen Records and JT Entertainment, her father Joe's management company, reads, "We, the undersigned, are disgusted with Ashlee Simpson's horrible singing and hereby ask her to stop.
    It adds that "she cannot match the sound of her voice that can be found on her CDs when she sings live. She simply yells the words (sometimes the wrong ones) into the mic"

Lets Light The Candles: Billy Ocean turns 55, DJ Jazzy Jeff is 40, The late Wolfman Jack would be 67, Mac Davis is 63, And I cannot belive thar Baby Spice Emma Bunto turned the big 30 today
    Happy Birthday Y'all

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...U2 is one of the first artists to confirm (along with Green Day, Aclicia Keyes and Tim McGraw) to perform at the 47th Annual Grammy Awards February 13th at Staples Center. Lynyrd Skynyrd have been penciled in to play in a six-song tribute to Southern Rock. Skynyrd will apparently be with several other country stars during the segment

...Recordings become eligible for the Grammy Hall of Fame 25 years after they were released and the newest inductees are: The Rolling Stones album "Let it Bleed". Bob Marley's "No Woman No Cry" plus Ray Charles' "America the Beautiful" and the Bob Hope/Shirley Ross duet "Thanks for the Memories."

...Some of the musicians heading down to perform at the Universal Studios Florida Mardi Gras kick-off celebration on Saturday February 5th are: Eddie Money, Mark Farner (Grand Funk), Dee Snider, Cheap Trick's Robin Zander, Brian Johnson from AC/DC Rick Derringer, Dickey Betts (Allmann Bros) and Bon Jovi's Richie Sambora.
    The event benefits the Musicians 4 Disaster Relief organization and all performance fees are going to the Red Cross tsunami relief effort. (February 5th is also Super Bowl Eve)

...Martin Scorsese is working on a film about Bob Dylan - without Dylan. Scorsese worked with Bob before on "The Last Waltz" (his last concert performance with The Band) but this time Scorsese doesn't want to deal with Dylan. But don't worry - not the first time Scorsese has done a bio film without help from a media shy celebrity, The Aviator (story about Howard Hughes) is currently in theaters.

...The tracks that Paul McCartney and Queen did for Nelson Mandela's South African Aids relief Program are available via download. ITunes has McCartney's "Whole Life" and Queen's "Invincible Hope".

<marquee> [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] Todays Birthday Guys & Gals [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] </marquee>

Guns N Roses Drummer Steve Adler celebrates his 40th, Horror Queen Linda Blair turns 46, Willa Ford is only 24, Teddy Gentry of country band Alabama is 53, Bluesman Mississippi John Hurt is 65, Journey's Steve Perry is 56.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For those who attended the quasi-riot at Philadelphia's Wachovia Center in December 2002 due to the GUNS N' ROSES no-show, GNR bassist Tommy Stinson claims the band is coming back and will actually perform this time.

"We owe Philly," Stinson told Ed Condran of SouthPhillyReview.com. He wouldn't elaborate about the aforementioned debacle. "That's all still in litigation." But he promised that GN'R would be on the road this year after the release of "Chinese Democracy" in April.

NBC4.tv is reporting that M?TLEY CR?E will not appear on NBC again because of singer Vince Neil's use of an obscenity when wishing bandmate Tommy Lee a happy new year in the midst of performing "Girls, Girls Girls" on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", Jeff Zucker, president of the NBC Universal Television Group told a meeting of the Television Critics Association Friday (Jan. 21).

The profanity, broadcast live after midnight in the Eastern time zone, was removed when the taped show was replayed in the Pacific and Mountain time zones.

The next New Year's Eve edition of "The Tonight Show" will be shown on a five-second delay because of Neil's slip-up, Zucker said.

The Federal Communications Commission received complaints about the New Year's Eve "Tonight" show and subsequently began a preliminary probe. But it's likely little will come of it.

Elvis Costello is composing an opera based on Danish ***** tale writer Hans Christian Andersen's unrequited love.
    The Secret Arias will feature 19th Century songs written by Andersen for Swedish soprano Jenny Lind, who never returned his affection.

"Elvis immediately loved the idea," said Henrik Engelbrecht, head of drama at the Copenhagen's Royal Theatre, where the opera will be staged in 2006.
    Costello emerged from the UK's new wave scene in 1977, scoring 16 hit singles including Oliver's Army and I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down.

Since then he has dabbled in everything from orchestral symphonies to harmonious pop, teaming up with musicians including Sir Paul McCartney and Burt Bacharach.

Last year he was nominated for an Oscar for the song Scarlet Tide, co-written with T-Bone Burnett, from the film Cold Mountain.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry For The Interuption... Back to the news...

...Tom Petty has already been in 'The Simpsons'. Now, he's to be 'seen' in 'King Of The Hill'. Petty voices a character called Lucky in an episode of the popular animated series, which airs in American on February 13.

...Alicia Keys, Gretchen Wilson, Black Eyed Peas, Kelly Clarkson, John Fogerty and others have joined Paul McCartney on the list of musicians scheduled to appear at this month's Super Bowl XXXIX.
    Also slated to appear is The Charlie Daniels Band, which will back Wilson; and Earth, Wind & Fire, which will back Black Eyed Peas. The pairing of the veteran acts with their younger counterparts will take place during a pregame show dubbed "Bridging Generations."

And Now, Artist Celebrating Birthdays [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] Today...
    Richie Havens (1941)
    Aaron Nevil (1941)
    Ray Stevens (1939)
    And Now Dead People celebrating birthdays:
    John Belushi (1949)
    Sharon Tate (1943)
    Warren Zevon (1947)

4Jettheads

And with any luck at all, the New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles will also be appearing at the Super Bowl on February 6th. I'm debating whether I wanna watch it with friends, or go to a SB party. Maybe do both. Joanie J. should be watching it. She's a Philly grrrl.

Inactive Member The Canadian Wolverine's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks RoG jar my memorie Ritchie Havens
    Classic Woodstock performance have you seen
    the directors cut Santana was amazing early
    two fer Joes today

1) Fixen to Rag Country Joe Mcdonald

2) With a little help from my friends
    Joe Cocker
    Peace out CW

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

..."We Are the World," the pioneering all-star charity anthem that generated millions of dollars for African famine relief 20 years ago, is returning to the world stage -- this time to raise money for AIDS and tsunami victims.
    The group USA For Africa will reissue the Grammy-winning single recorded by more than 40 superstars -- among them Bruce Springsteen, Ray Charles, Diana Ross, Bob Dylan, Bette Midler, Willie Nelson, Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder -- on Feb. 1 as part of a two-disc DVD set.

...January 21, 2005 will forever be known as "Journey Day," as declared by Hollywood's Mayor Johnny Grant. That's the date JOURNEY who has sold over 75 million albums worldwide making them the 29th best-selling music group of all time--were honored with the 2,275th Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
    Not only was the entire current line-up in attendance (guitarist Neal Schon, bassist Ross Valory, keyboardist Jonathan Cain, singer Steve Augeri and drummer Deen Castronovo), but several band members from the past as well: drummers Steve Smith and Aynsley Dunbar, guitarist George Tickner and singer Robert Fleischman. Perhaps the greatest surprise of all not only to the fans in attendance, but to the band most of all was the unexpected appearance of the group's legendary former frontman Steve Perry, who had not been seen anywhere with the band since his departure in 1996

"Joel Didn't Start the Fire"
    ...Billy Joel was down in Florida over the weekend entertaining guests at Donald Trump's wedding. Meantime, his Personal Management Company offices of Maritime Music caught Fire. Joel's offices are in Oyster Bay and occupy the floor above a family run Hardware Store. It's believed the fire begun in the basement.
    A spokesman says the office housed archives of news clippings and articles - Joel did not keep anything personal there. Fire officials do not suspect foul play.

Dylan - the Award Winning Author?
    ...Bob Dylan's "Chronicles: Volume One" is up for an award. Dylan's memoir has been nominated in the Biography/Autobiography category for the the 31st annual National Book Critics Circle Awards. The ceremony is on March 18th and Dylan's writings will be up against biographies of historic people like William Shakespeare and Willem de Koonig.

Todays birthday girl is the daughter of Grace Slick And Paul Kantner from the "Jefferson Airplane", China kantner is celebrateing her 34th year today... Happy Birthday China [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img]