Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I'm glad you are safe Cherie. So sorry to hear about your gallery. I'm sure your carvings going up in smoke was a hard thing to see happening considering all the effort that went into creating them. Your concern for others, at such a time, is heartwarming, to say the least.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings with your friends here.

Bless you dear lady!
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sadly I lost my gallery in the 100+ mph winds Sunday morning. All carvings, tents, etc. I can rebuild. So many poor souls have lost everything.... 5 lost their lives.
    My prayers go out to them and their families.

xx,
    Cherie [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF"><font size="1">[ October 24, 2007 12:11 PM: Message edited by: CHERIECURRIE ]</font></font>

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ October 24, 2007 12:11 PM: Message edited by: CHERIECURRIE ]</font>

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad to hear you and your family are ok Cherie~

Thoughts and prayers to the lost [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to hear about your Gallery Cherie. Just glad you and your family are ok!

My prayers go out to all in the fire zone!

Gregg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes at least the main things which are lives,pets,and momentoes are safe. After that all is negotible. Sorry for your lose Cherie.But at least you have Jake and Bob.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry to hear about your gallery Cherie. I know like everyone else here, when we hadn't heard from you it was a worry. Seeing those fires on the news was horrific. It was incredible how hard those winds were pushing the flames. And sad as it is to lose your gallery and your artwork, you are right that some lost their houses and 8 lost their lives. At least you and your family are okay and as heartbreaking as it would be to see your gallery burn, the most important things in life, your family and friends are safe.
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    Mike

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am dumbfounded that some of these fires were started by arson. WTF are these idiots thinking!
    People have died, Families have lost everything, just because some sick-o wants to get his rocks off by watching flames.
    I just don't understand. My heart is heavy this morning after watching the news and seeing families going to where thier homes were last week and finding a pile of ash & debris.
    All I can do is cry with them, and raise my voice in prayer...I just don't understand [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My gallery was not destroyed by flame thank God.. It was the 100+ winds that took everything out. Putting the pieces back together now. At least I have pieces to put together... not ash!!
    Thanks for the well wishes.
    Love you all,
    Cherie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's great news Cherie! I hated to think all the time and effort you put into the gallery and sculptures was gone. And like you said at least you have pieces to put back together.
    I agree with you Rog, I don't know what some people think to be able to do something like that. I know it'll be hard to find out who did it, but if/when they do, I hope they put them away for a looong time. It is heart wrenching to see those that go back hoping to find something that may have survived. Then to see their faces when they find out its all gone is terrible. Hopefully help is quicker than Katrina.

Mike

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We get more than our fair share of rain here in Scotland, but fortunately very little extreme weather. My best wishes to everyone affected by these terrible winds and horrific fires. I hope the damage wasn't too serious Cherie.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast