Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know about "Ufo-nuts", but than again, there was a time when anyone who believed the world was round, or that the earth revolved around the sun, was also considered a "nut".

As for "rods", the first I recall hearing of them was about a year or two ago. I don't know what they are, nor do I have an opinion on them one way or the other. But since you claim they were proven to be nothing more than just everyday bugs, I would be very interested in seeing the documented evidence, the proof that they are indeed everyday bugs. If you can provide the links, or name the research material, videos, books, articles etc., I would very much like to examine those for myself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There was an episode on Unexplained Mysteries that discounted the "man in the suit" theory. It was on last night.
    Thinking a thing into being is called a Tulpa, which I talked about in the first post on this topic.
    There is a documented case of a doctor that thought every day for twenty years about a tiny fryer. She thougth him into existence. Everyone in the village saw him (she did this in the Hymalayas) He then turned evil and it took her twenty years to think him OUT of existence, and that's just one person.
    Sasquatch has been thought into existance by thousands of people for centuries, so it is now it's own being.
    It has nothing to do with the media. That doesn't even make sense when people have been believing things centuries before electricity, let alone media.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't believe in Sasquatch.
    Sorry. Convince me otherwise.
    I've been kinda stunned there are so many believers here. I was a little spooked by Cherie's first hand reports of weird stuff going on up there, but I still thought there were explanations for everything.
    Why are people so into believing something for which there is no evidence or proof? I don't get it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want to believe that something "extra" exists, but that doesn't mean it does. People wants to believe in anything that can give them an idea of "hope", of "better", like we all thinks about aliens as positive and helpless creatures. But what about if they existed and they were bad, instead? I don't mean they are bad, they do or don't exist, I asked myself many times, and I sincerely don't know. sometimes I tend to believe it, other times not, but we can't trust the believing based on daily mood.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Part of me doesn't even believe we landed on the moon! [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]
    I highly doubt there is a Lochness Monster! [img]graemlins/snail.gif[/img]
    Shadow people are right out! [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

I consider myself to be an average skeptic but there is just something about Big Foot that seems very believable to me!
    Maybe I just like to feel there are still wilderness areas untouched by man!

And it's like those Crop Circles! Sure, some of them are fake but ALL of them are not fake!

Besides "I love the word believe [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] a word of boundless possibility."
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ August 02, 2005 01:15 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good point, Gus. You always have positive posts, unlike others.
    Either a person believes, or they don't.
    It doesn't matter to the Tasmanian Devil or the elusive Tasmanian Tiger if you believe in it or not. It knows it exsists, even if you've never seen one. It doesn't care.
    I doubt Sasquach cares wether or not we believe in it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Gus,
    unfortunately, after many many years of believing, someone stated that Lochness Monster never existed, I heard about it some years ago. Until then, I always believed in Nessy! And about the man on the moon, I also read about that, there's a theory that states that it wasn't the moon the land astronauts walked on, but it was a false! That was a major disappointment, I still want to think they did land on the moon!

Inactive Member imported_Al_Bundy's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just because one person admits they lied and claimed they saw Nessie, or Bigfoot, does their lie invalidate all the other reported sightings? No! As for people claiming the moon landings were faked, what are they basing these claims on, what evidence? Last year on one of the cable channels there was a program that examined the claims and supposed evidence that allegedly proves the moon landings were faked. Well, upon honest examination, this so-called evidence quickly fell apart and didn't hold up. So, just because someone makes a claim, pro or con, don't take it so.

Al

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Well Ravensong, it's funny you should mention the Tazmanian Devil. Well not FUNNY funny but funny, all the same. I was going to mention that little [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] and changed it to Shadow People at the last minute!

And Cristina, thanks for putting the final nail in my Nessie coffin! My doubt has now turned to utter disbelief thanks to your disclosure! Sort of a final straw kind of deal for me. [img]wink.gif[/img]

And Al, I think I saw the same film that examined those fake moon landing claims. If that's the best they got, it's no proof. It was all about reflexions that shouldn't have been there and other trivialities that the viewer is expected to accept, on their word!

I guess, we take the official story on someone's word too though, if you think about it! [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Hey all, Did you see the famous alien autopsy video? Say what you want to about that but it seemed pretty real to me and I saw an interview with Hollywood's Top Special Effects Team and they said they could never have faked it! I think it was real.
    <center>What say youz?!?!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]
    Gus</center>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I believe Loch Ness is the same as Sasquach. The interesting thing about Loch Ness is that it's not just in Scotland, but people have stated seeing the same creature in Crescent Lake, Washington (which is bottomless), Japan, one of the Great Lakes (which ever one keeps making boats disappear, I can never remember which one it is), Montreal, and China.
    They caught a teridactal (spelling) in Japan in 1985, and it was not a fossil, it was dead, but still fleshy, not decomposed (it died from the net).

I think the alien autopsy was real also. I saw the same Hollywood expert show that completely authenticated the autopsy. There were too many witnesses to Roswell to be false.
    Hanger 18 is real, and several people I know who were in the military and deal with planes/pilots/control towers have too much verified info that UFO/Aliens exist. There's just too much worldwide evidence., and what about one of the origional astonauts that went to the moon confirming he saw them (and if he's talking openly about that, he would say the moon landing was fake if it was, so the moon landing had to be real.)?

Project Bluebook was real and was "closed" because there was too much evidence.

If aliens wanted to "take over" or destroy us, they would have already done it. Why would they want to? Obviously they are incredibly more advanced than we are, what would they need from us they don't already have or know how to duplicate?

Sorry about the ramble.
    Anyway, yes, Gus, I think it was real.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123